#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

piedys wrote:
Durka wrote:If we were living in an earlier time and different place it’s not hard to see which poster would be clamouring for front row seats at the Salem witch burnings.
They'd be jumping over Robbo The Drunk, and Jon Cockhead Ralph for pole position there; after they gleefully engineered all this media bullshit on 504.
The sooner arsehats like these two are hit with legal proceedings, for their inane sanctimonious media comments, endangering the psychological welfare of ANY sportsperson, the better.
Agree totally Piedsy, and you have expressed it in the most brilliant and eloquent fashion possible, as usual!
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

My old man was telling me what old players like BT used to get up to in their day. They are in no position to throw stones at Jordy. Geezus, Jordy is Mother Theresa compared to the old guard pre-1990s! This is what angers us, the hypocrisy from people who have done worse. Honestly, it’s just a bunch of middle-aged ex-players bitter they can’t play up anymore and women no longer throw themselves at them (“ewww, you’re an old man! Get away from me!).

Schuey07, I know of players who have seriously contemplated suicide and at least one attempt that I know of (while still playing, not after their careers ended). Tabloids and gutter snipes only think of their own egos and scoring the big headline though.

And crikey, you should hear what the girls get up to in the women’s leagues! The smaller leagues especially, they put the men to shame
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

Magpietothemax wrote:
piedys wrote:
Durka wrote:If we were living in an earlier time and different place it’s not hard to see which poster would be clamouring for front row seats at the Salem witch burnings.
They'd be jumping over Robbo The Drunk, and Jon Cockhead Ralph for pole position there; after they gleefully engineered all this media bullshit on 504.
The sooner arsehats like these two are hit with legal proceedings, for their inane sanctimonious media comments, endangering the psychological welfare of ANY sportsperson, the better.
Agree totally Piedys, and you have expressed it in the most brilliant and eloquent fashion possible, as usual!
Glad I can contribute to this most excellent forum in such a constructive manner, my good chap! :P

Tell ya what though, give me a couple of minutes with these two knob jockeys in a dark alley, and i'll sort out their holier-than-thou attitudes...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

[quote="Mr Miyagi"]My old man was telling me what old players like BT used to get up to in their day. They are in no position to throw stones at Jordy. Geezus, Jordy is Mother Theresa compared to the old guard pre-1990s! This is what angers us, the hypocrisy from people who have done worse. Honestly, it’s just a bunch of middle-aged ex-players bitter they can’t play up anymore and women no longer throw themselves at them (“ewww, you’re an old man! Get away from me!).

Schuey07, I know of players who have seriously contemplated suicide and at least one attempt that I know of (while still playing, not after their careers ended). Tabloids and gutter snipes only think of their own egos and scoring the big headline though.

And crikey, you should hear what the girls get up to in the women’s leagues! The smaller leagues especially, they put the men to shame
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

[quote="MatthewBoydFanClub"][quote="Mr Miyagi"]My old man was telling me what old players like BT used to get up to in their day. They are in no position to throw stones at Jordy. Geezus, Jordy is Mother Theresa compared to the old guard pre-1990s! This is what angers us, the hypocrisy from people who have done worse. Honestly, it’s just a bunch of middle-aged ex-players bitter they can’t play up anymore and women no longer throw themselves at them (“ewww, you’re an old man! Get away from me!).

Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Was Jordan at training today *********
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

BazBoy wrote:Was Jordan at training today *********
Im pretty sure training is tommorow and thursday.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Ahh OK
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

big footy says he is meeting with the coach today
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Is that for a hug
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Fly is after recommendations for places to stay in Bali.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I appreciate that Sam Fisher no longer plays and, in any event, only played for St Kilda - but this may provide an interesting comparison: viewtopic.php?t=90636
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

That was all over the media when he was arrested 2 months ago. Lots of discussion and comment about the Drugs policy.

He was known to have issues with drugs back while he was playing.

I'm not sure why it's relevant to Jordy, it was discussed in the light of the Baily Smith revelations.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

See my response to the same post in the other thread.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

<Snip. We understand that people genuinely struggle on occasion with the line between factual reporting and defamation - but please don't state rumours or "eveybody knew" on matters of serious criminality or impropriety. This is not a criticism of your post. It's just a protection for all of us. Thanks, BBMods>