#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Or, or, perhaps Jordy could be a big boy and think to himself, "yep, I probably deserve that - consequence of my actions".
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:Or, or, perhaps Jordy could be a big boy and think to himself, "yep, I probably deserve that - consequence of my actions".
Good point!
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

I'm very p*ssed off about hearing that (if true) :x

I found this: (the saga continues, on and on...)

"Pies prez under fire for making ‘appalling, disrespectful’ De Goey joke in front of AFLW side"
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... 0afbe0f646
Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:Or, or, perhaps Jordy could be a big boy and think to himself, "yep, I probably deserve that - consequence of my actions".
youd think so, but these days people dont take responsibility for their action they just blame everything and everyone else!

im not a fan of personal jokes, but yeah, id let that one go through to the keeper, but maybe not from the CEO
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

David wrote:
Sure, but a) Browne isn't a comedian; he is the club's president and thus in charge of internal and external messaging, and b) there's a bad joke, and then there's a bad joke at the expense of a struggling employee told behind their back. Even the premise of the comment, that what De Goey did in Bali is the barometer by which bad behaviour should be judged, picks at raw wounds.

Honestly, the closer you look at this, the worse it gets. It certainly puts a lot of what PTID has been saying in this thread about the attitude of the club's corporate leadership in a new light.
With you on this David. Suggests a complete lack of insight into a delicate situation and a penchant for wanting to get laughs/likes at the expense of an another person, neither of which are traits I admire in anyone, let alone someone sitting at the head of the Collingwood board.
CrossPie18
Been liked: 10 times

Post by CrossPie18 »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:I'm very p*ssed off about hearing that (if true) :x

I found this: (the saga continues, we are the laughing stock of the competition!)

"Pies prez under fire for making ‘appalling, disrespectful’ De Goey joke in front of AFLW side"
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... 0afbe0f646

The comment made at an AFLW evening on April 22nd!! Surely there's a statute of limitations on the media being appalled at such comments??

I get it's not a smart thing for a Chairman to say, but please Herald-Sun, spare me the indignation. If it was that offensive, the complaints should have been aired earlier. More carp to keep the story going. Move on, I say.
David
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

I think if he felt that way, the issue between him and the club would have been done and dusted by now and he would have lined up on Sunday. But I get the impression that he (some would say justifiably) doesn't feel that the club hasn't treated him fairly, in which case this coming from the president in a public venue would only feel like rubbing salt into the wounds.

Anyway, congrats to Browne for keeping the foot-in-mouth Collingwood president tradition alive.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
David

Post by David »

Last edited by David on Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

^ I think all Collingwood Presidents instantly gain bravado and a bullet-proof sense of oneself once they get the top job as they have all said "controversial" things that no other club president would say (McAllister, McGuire). I would also suggest that a few drinks before said speech was made may have loosened the lips too much. Many of us fancy ourselves as comedians after a few lemonades. In any case, what hope do we have at Collingwood when even our president can't control his mouth. It was a really poor "joke" to make in the situation, just a braindead comment. He didn't read the room at all.

EDIT:
I just noticed that the Browne comments were made 2 months ago according to a poster. Is that correct? If so, then my comment above may need to be reviewed somewhat. But, still, Jordy was still a "free-spirt" type back then, so the comment was still unnecessary, but not as bad if it was said during the last week.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Regardless, making fun of someone’s legal oopsies to get laughs when he was not even there , in a professional theatre is not a good look or professional, probably why I don’t care that Chris rock got slapped!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

^ Monco, wow that changes things. If it was made 2 months ago then it settles the debate whether Fox Footy and Herald Sun are trustworthy and unbiased news sources, and just make shit up because they hate Collingwood. This is flat out fake news stuff. Yeah they can say they accurately reported what Browne said, but even a blind man can see they took an inch and made a mile out of it with a misleading article that doesn’t mention when it was said. What’s omitted is just as important as what’s included, and it change the optics.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

And don’t get me started on Fox Footy’s fake “I can’t believe he said that” witness quotes that’s straight out of the New Idea playbook.
David

Post by David »

Monco Matt wrote:I just noticed that the Browne comments were made 2 months ago according to a poster. Is that correct?
Yes, according to the Fox Sports article it happened at the AFLW awards night, which was held on 22 April. It was mentioned a few paragraphs into the Daily Mail piece too, but I guess I and others missed it in amongst all of their massive blocks of advertising. :lol:
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

David wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:I just noticed that the Browne comments were made 2 months ago according to a poster. Is that correct?
Yes, according to the Fox Sports article it happened at the AFLW awards night, which was held on 22 April. It was mentioned a few paragraphs into the Daily Mail piece too, but I guess I and others missed it in amongst all of their massive blocks of advertising. :lol:
No the original articles never mentioned the date, just quoted Browne. Have they added the date? Just checked, nope. Still a poorly worded article that’s either incompetence from a hack journalist or they deliberately left it vague for the click bait and generating more controversy. My money’s on both ;)
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

On a side note, does anybody know if Jordy is at training today? Or at the club in any capacity etc?

I really hope he gets back on track this week and plays on the weekend. But, maybe a trip to the Gold Coast isn't a great idea either! :wink:
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.