#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

I just about swallowed my tongue when on Footy Classified last night they discussed the possibility of de Goey going to Geelong.

Fair dinkum if Geelong could afford de Goey then either the likes of Hawkins would have to retire at the end of 2022 or the AFL would need to investigate their player payments.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

swoop42 wrote:I just about swallowed my tongue when on Footy Classified last night they discussed the possibility of de Goey going to Geelong.

Fair dinkum if Geelong could afford de Goey then either the likes of Hawkins would have to retire at the end of 2022 or the AFL would need to investigate their player payments.

They dont have a salary cap down at sleepy hollow, the handbaggers dont believe in one, their books are well and truly cooked. :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
aus50ford
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by aus50ford »

stui magpie wrote:Just on Browne's "joke", I'm glad people realised that this was back in April, well before Bali and likely in Browne's mind log enough after the dust had settled.

As far as "jokes" go, it wasn't great, but if you put it in the context of the Club President sending a reminder to a group of young athletes about to go on end of season trips of what can happen if you get pissed and it ends up on Social Media, it wasn't a bad tactic IMHO.

And if you don't think young women can go off on the tear as much as young men you've never seen a hens night in full swing.
Stui, I went on a golf trip up to the Murray with a couple of Scottish lads I worked with, and staying in the resort was a netball team on an end of season trip ....
Even they were scared of the way the girls were carrying on :shock:
I don't have a snappy catch phrase
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

i cant find it right now, dont have time to look further, but i think someone called swoop luke posted a video of DeGoey after training signing things for kids, looking pretty relaxed, journos everywhere, he could have bolted inside but he chose to stay and face it, thats a sign of character, good on him. And yes naturally it wasnt on the news, who wants good news?

as for girls carry on too, yep they sure do, i know a couple of girls that play and the stories are legendary, so what? maybe thats why things go to hell so quickly, was i the only kid told just because some one else does something doesnt make it a good idea, or okay, if they jump of a bridge will you?

Yes the Bali thing would have been a blip but for his past record, right or wrongly, thats the truth of it. its simple, dont hang out with people who want followers on their social media pages at the expense of anything. These people are not your friends.

Do i think it was disprespectful? yes but it doesnt surprise me at all, which makes me sad. I personally believe in personal space, and that somethings are better left out of sight. I wasnt outraged by it at all, i just knew combined with his track record all hell would break loose. Was i disrespectful to Her? well im not usually a fan of name calling, so yes i was. It just truly irritates me that females carry on in a way that sells themselves short. thats how i see it, it may not be how you see it. I just know i want better for my girls than being manhandled or half naked to gain "likes".

Im glad hes back on the track, i hope he does the smart thing and gets a proper manager, not a yes man. And that he buckles down like Swan admits he did and fullfills his potential. For Collingwood, who have stuck by him since frisbee gate. They fired a warning shot over his bow this time, nothing more nothing less. Go pies.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by mattdally »

Loved seeing footage of him on the track yesterday.
Looking forward to him signing a new contract with the Pies
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Yea he is back training & with a purpose to play therefore fulfilling his contract as an employee of Collingwood Football Club
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

I actually saw the footage of him signing footys for kids on the 7 news. I agree, sign of character.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:I actually saw the footage of him signing footys for kids on the 7 news. I agree, sign of character.
cheers i was watching channel Ed! thats good to hear
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

stui magpie wrote:I actually saw the footage of him signing footys for kids on the 7 news. I agree, sign of character.
There has been plenty of examples where he has done a lot of this and community work not mentioned in the media.

It is what happens when he is out in the booze that the media is all over. Maybe he may have to curb the drink a little when out in public.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:
cheers i was watching channel Ed! thats good to hear
By the look of this, there was enough media there. https://twitter.com/Jen2310/status/1541668484010356737
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

So Champion Data has him as Elite, yet still some posters think we’d be better off without him…
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Soon know if he’s in for Suns game
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

eddiesmith wrote:So Champion Data has him as Elite, yet still some posters think we’d be better off without him…
Didn’t see him in the latest list (https://www.zerohanger.com/champion-dat ... 22191/amp/ ). Champion Data’s “elite” category is a bit of a head scratcher (Jordan Dawson, Harry Perryman) - BUT…

If you are confident we won’t have Jordy splashed in the back page of the Hun for 5 days, twice a year in a negative light then I would absolutely like to keep him.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Jordy is a gun player and a big game match winner. If we want to win a flag we need a couple more just like him. The off-field stuff is for the media to worry about. Phuck them I say.