#32 Will Hoskin-Elliott

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

His input has improved markedly over the last month or so; it simply had to.
Prior to that, he was seemingly going through the motions?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

Will Hoskin-Elliot seems to be thriving under the coaching of Fly McRae and at the moment he is working very well in his shared role of wing with Steele Sidebottom and Josh Daicos.
Another great coaching move by Fly, but not dissimilar to what was been used last year, just didn't seem to work as well so the improvement probably has to do with the more attacking game style and the defensive structure holding up which is more of a credit to the likes of Nick Daicos, Issac Quaynor and John Noble who all seem to be performing very well at present. It seems to be a game plan that is well suited to Collingwoods current personnel and one that can win in September. :D
I'd like to think that Caleb Poulter would be able to step up into a similar role that WHE is performing at the moment, but Poulter may need to work on his wrong side disposal, which all of Daicos, Sidebottom and WHE excel at, before he will be as good as these three hard running and skillful wingmen we have performing at the moment. Lets hope that Poulter can develop his game to the high levels that WHE is currently demonstrating.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

Bump myself again…. Never mind the winning goal. This guys found some self belief and seems much better positioned by the powers that be.

I started this thread through doubt……

Keep making me wipe the egg hosky….loving your work.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

WHE had another great game against GC. The glory he gets for kicking the winning goal is so well deserved, given that it came on top of an excellent contribution across the entire game. He is becoming a weapon on the wing, in both attack and defence.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

At times, it is painful to watch Poulter.
At times, it is great to watch WHE.
bally12

Post by bally12 »

Man alive did I just see WHE bust through a tackle in that last qtr?
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He's unlikely to ever get 25 possessions, but he is a a highly skilled impact player. He certainly seems to be enjoying his best season after a very moderate 2-3 yrs. I reckon he is a big occasion player who will thrive in September.
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mattdally »

bally12 wrote:Man alive did I just see WHE bust through a tackle in that last qtr?
I nearly spat out my beer!
First for the broken tackle, then the composure to kick the winner.
Been playing some great footy WHE.
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

RudeBoy wrote:He's unlikely to ever get 25 possessions, but he is a a highly skilled impact player. He certainly seems to be enjoying his best season after a very moderate 2-3 yrs. I reckon he is a big occasion player who will thrive in September.
This is spot on. I'm loving what WHE is bringing to Collingwood for the past 6 weeks. Best season for him since 2018.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
skaman
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

I take back my ill informed comparison of WHS to the E10 of petrol. The man is pure Aviation gas! Fly bringing out the best now in a few players.
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

In a side not overloaded with experience (well at least till Moore/Grundy return)
He is worth his place on experience alone

That said the Quaynor/Ginni/Henry/Daicos/Murphy don’t do too bad for so early in their career,s
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by piffdog »

Message to all Nick’s posters who wanted this guy shipped off many, many times: Hand back the four points from the weekend… Clutch. The other guy on the list who could have done that for us spent the bye in Bali and may or may not get back to those levels (for us or a rival…).

If you think this guy is no good you’re not watching the game closely enough.

I know we can make a lot of that last play but he is so important to how we are going at present.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by piffdog »

mattdally wrote:
bally12 wrote:Man alive did I just see WHE bust through a tackle in that last qtr?
I nearly spat out my beer!
First for the broken tackle, then the composure to kick the winner.
Been playing some great footy WHE.
Noah Anderson would like his time again - The Hosk strolled straight past.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
jatsad
Been liked: 14 times

The Whipping Boy

Post by jatsad »

With the Brown brothers and Madgen now gone, is WHE everybody's chief whipping boy, or do we have a dark horse?
Jatsad - That is all
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

WHE will be in the gun if he continues to 'not do a lot', with the new guys putting pressure on his spot.

Noble will probably continue to make a lot of turnovers (yes, amongst all the good stuff he does as well), which will always bring his name up as whipping boy.

Coxy will be always be there as well (for some people)