Parliament House sexual assault and harassment allegations

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:I don’t think she has a side, other than wanting to make things awkward for Turnbull.
She definitely has a side and definitely wants to make things more than awkward for Turnbull.

What a cesspit of filth is parliament, enough to make a young man blush
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

eddiesmith wrote:So a sacked speaker decides to throw out baseless accusations on her way out.

Obviously the Federal Government was an easier target than the one who just sacked her.

It's funny how some persons ignore any claims from sacked members of one government but take others as gospel
Meanwhile, the Premier that sacked her is apparently calling on the PM to consider the allegations that have been made against the Senator: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-24/ ... /100016180
watt price tully

Pies4shaw wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:So a sacked speaker decides to throw out baseless accusations on her way out.

Obviously the Federal Government was an easier target than the one who just sacked her.

It's funny how some persons ignore any claims from sacked members of one government but take others as gospel
Meanwhile, the Premier that sacked her is apparently calling on the PM to consider the allegations that have been made against the Senator: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-24/ ... /100016180
Yes don’t tell Eddiesmith but she’s got witnesses
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

The plot thickens

More conservative sex scandals

"...Nationals MP Michael Johnsen will take leave from NSW Parliament as police investigate allegations he raped a sex worker at a secluded Blue Mountains lookout..."

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/nsw/ ... 57dtd.html

Wow wee

I suspect the lid is just starting to open. Not sure I can process all of this. Gobsmacking. Hopefully the alleged victim gets her day in court.

I wonder what Jen would say about the goings on all over the place :wink:
watt price tully

Finally, some conservative women get it:

"Loving your wife does not make you an icon for women: NSW Liberal MP’s message to PM"

"...The first female president of the NSW Young Liberals, Catherine Cusack, says Prime Minister Scott Morrison has failed to grasp any understanding of how diabolical politics has become for women...."

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/nsw/ ... 57dfw.html

Now Scotty, stop referencing yourself all the friggin time when women say they are being abused and raped
watt price tully

Joyce Tells PM To End The Stupid Bonk Ban For The Sake Of Canberra’s Desks

https://theunaustralian.net/2021/03/24/ ... ras-desks/
watt price tully

A sober analysis of the mostly self inflicted mess Scotty has got himself into:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-25/ ... /100026748
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

watt price tully wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:I don’t think she has a side, other than wanting to make things awkward for Turnbull.
She definitely has a side and definitely wants to make things more than awkward for Turnbull.

Last edited by 5 from the wing on debut on Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Sounds like the right response, although probably preferable to take one’s underwear home and also not to smoke indoors. ;)

I trust we’re not such prudes that we’re horrified by the idea of someone having sex in an office.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

It was the 80's - a very different time.
The days of long lunches.
No email.
No mobile phone.
No internet.
No faux outrage.
Life wasn't as serious then and was more fun in general as people were more liberal than they are now.
watt price tully

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

watt price tully

5 from the wing on debut wrote:It was the 80's - a very different time.
The days of long lunches.
No email.
No mobile phone.
No internet.
No faux outrage.
Life wasn't as serious then and was more fun in general as people were more liberal than they are now.
And there was such a thing as ministerial standards.

But yes (oops I started a sentence with a preposition :shock: ) what a different time it was.

No epidemics of ADHD, Collingwood still had 2 premierships to win (and some to lose) no feeling triggered, no paragraph after your signature displaying how sensitive to others you are.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

[quote="watt price tully"]

I will certainly look at desks differently now
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »