#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Jordan's OK. He's on the improve. The rest will do him good and he'll be back in no time.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

piedys wrote:
Culprit wrote:Well he has been omitted so in comes Blair.
We must have been down on the "slipping over" stats last week.
I'm sure this over-sight will now be corrected...
Honest reporting:

'The football department boss also described the selection of Blair as a "no brainer" ....'

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/20 ... f-round-20

:lol: :lol: :lol:
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

I think they meant to say 'no brains, eh'.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

stui magpie wrote:Some of these sack-half-empty ones would benefit from being administered a capsaicin essence enema to spice up their outlook.
Do you guys ever tire of being wrong?
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Cam wrote:lol then fifthed
Fisted more like it, i'm never wrong.
Defender...........

You like this.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

E wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:I just don't see any elite traits in the kid, sure he's hard at it but you don't have to use a prime pick to find his type, he isn't quick, he fumbles, he has slow reaction times and he isn't a great disposer, almost all his possessions are rushed and under pressure, doesn't look to be a good contested mark either, as I said I think he'll carve out a decent career but we'll regret using pick 5 on him, hope he proves me wrong but players like Selwood-Pendles-Beams-Sidders were all well in front of him at the same stage even if their stats are similar.
you don't watch closely enough Bob, its always been your problem.

take a look at some of the best goals of the season and see who had an important, classy, but unnoticed possession.

Let's look at the game against Adelaide. Remember the Adams goal? Go look at who made that possible through clean hands and fast disposal.

I'm telling you, this kid is going to be a gun!!!!!

I coined the name E back in the late 00's because I couldn't get anyone to believe me that we had Elite Midfielders in Pendles, Swan and Thomas coming through. I feel like we are there again.

De Goey, Aish and Adams!!!! Superstarss of the future.
I don't think you watch at all, do you even have eyes?
Defender...........

You like this.
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mattdally »

Waste of a good pick. Peter Wright and Jake Lever say hi
Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

He hasn't had a good year in my opinion, but let's get some perspective here.

He's a player in his second year and only 20 years of age in a side that isn't playing finals this year. I wouldn't be writing him off yet.

In the long run, those who think he was a bad draft selection may indeed be right, but it's very premature to make a statement that he was a wasted pick when we need to see how he progresses and learns from this year in subsequent years.
Last edited by Jezza on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

Jezza wrote:He hasn't a good year in my opinion, but let's get some perspective here.

He's a player in his second year and only 20 years of age in a side that isn't playing finals this year. I wouldn't be writing him off yet.

In the long run, those who think he was a bad draft selection may indeed be right, but it's very premature to make a statement that he was a wasted pick when we need to see how he progresses and learns from this year in subsequent years.
I'm with you

And let's face it, not too many of our players have had a good year

The kid has guts, determination, skills (well before our coaches got a hold of him) he puts his head over any situation, and he is so unselfish as E pointed out. He never quits.

He will be the new Blair, the workhorse that no one appreciates, until he is gone. Not every player can be, or needs to be, a superstar. Who is going to do the dirty work for the outside players to do the pretty stuff? Pendles is awesome in full flight, but who gets the ball out?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Jezza wrote:He hasn't a good year in my opinion, but let's get some perspective here.

I'm not writing him off but the signs aren't great, I've said it a million times and i'll say it again, he should be moved to HB until he gets the pace of the game, Pendle's did it, Daisy did it, Swan did it.
Defender...........

You like this.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

think positive wrote:

I'm with you

And let's face it, not too many of our players have had a good year

The kid has guts, determination, skills (well before our coaches got a hold of him) he puts his head over any situation, and he is so unselfish as E pointed out. He never quits.

He will be the new Blair, the workhorse that no one appreciates, until he is gone. Not every player can be, or needs to be, a superstar. Who is going to do the dirty work for the outside players to do the pretty stuff? Pendles is awesome in full flight, but who gets the ball out?
De Goey will be a much better player than Blair. At the moment, though, he is looking tired. 3 kicks last week serves to confirm that. He needs a break and will probably benefit from playing as a first choice midfielder in the VFL. It is a very big ask to have these Sherrin-chasing kids park themselves in the forward line for most of the time and run defensively week in, week out.

Post by 5150 »

stui magpie wrote:Some of these sack-half-empty ones would benefit from being administered a capsaicin essence enema to spice up their outlook.
Where does one find such a product? I'm um.... asking for a friend... :oops:
E

Post by E »

Bob Sugar wrote:
E wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:I just don't see any elite traits in the kid, sure he's hard at it but you don't have to use a prime pick to find his type, he isn't quick, he fumbles, he has slow reaction times and he isn't a great disposer, almost all his possessions are rushed and under pressure, doesn't look to be a good contested mark either, as I said I think he'll carve out a decent career but we'll regret using pick 5 on him, hope he proves me wrong but players like Selwood-Pendles-Beams-Sidders were all well in front of him at the same stage even if their stats are similar.
you don't watch closely enough Bob, its always been your problem.

take a look at some of the best goals of the season and see who had an important, classy, but unnoticed possession.

Let's look at the game against Adelaide. Remember the Adams goal? Go look at who made that possible through clean hands and fast disposal.

I'm telling you, this kid is going to be a gun!!!!!

I coined the name E back in the late 00's because I couldn't get anyone to believe me that we had Elite Midfielders in Pendles, Swan and Thomas coming through. I feel like we are there again.

De Goey, Aish and Adams!!!! Superstarss of the future.
I don't think you watch at all, do you even have eyes?
bob, since we both seem to have nothing better to do with our lives than post here, how about we make a little bet that we can revisit in 5 years. I bet in five years he is a regular member our midfield and is considered one of the better midfielders in the comp.

you presumably take the side of the bet that says he is delisted and playing outside of the AFL, since you view him as a complete dud.

Are we on? the loser of this bet must for one year put in the footer of his post "[E/bob sugar] is a gifted football mind and I defer to him on all football related opinions."

PS: I saw Hamilton tonight. Pretty damn good show!
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

Jezza is pretty much on the money I think.

DeGoey has been gifted games because our horrendous injury situation the last few years. He has shown a bit (albeit inconsistent) and being dropped for the second time this season (after a game where he achieved 10 AFL player ranking points, so not a horrendous game) may be the making of him if he has to work hard and earn his spot in the team back.

With a fully fit list this year he was only borderline best 22 in my view at the beginning of the season.

He has enough potential that he could carve out a decent AFL career wth his buddy Moore.
All We Can Be