#32 Travis Cloke

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

If Cloke were a F.A. I wonder what kind of pick the AFL would be giving us?

Something better than what the Dogs are going to hand over anyway.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Presti35 wrote:If Cloke were a F.A. I wonder what kind of pick the AFL would be giving us?

Something better than what the Dogs are going to hand over anyway.
If he's taking about 1/2 the salary at the Doggies as he'd be getting at the Pies then that'd make it $200-300k and 2 years. Doubt that'd even justify FA compo.
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

^Well when you put it like that, take the magic beans.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

David C will be lhfho while feeling the same satisfaction and smugness of Stevic screwing us over for a win.
no second chances
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

From HUN

"Manager Robbie D'Orazio from Connors Sports tells Trade Radio the deal is being held up by negotiations over late-round picks to help Collingwood get points for father-son picks."
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

The three magic Beans are now odds on favourites with Ladbrokes !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

Piesnchess wrote:The three magic Beans are now odds on favourites with Ladbrokes !
There are no "magic beans" in this equation, just a single spud who did not have the strength of character or commitment to adapt to the modern game. No one ever questioned his potential, just his recent application.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

Member 7167 wrote:
a single spud who did not have the strength of character or commitment to adapt to the modern game
Really ?

Seriously - where does all this bile come from?

I thought I heard Buck's say that Clokey had never completed so much of the training program before, that he is covering as much ground as he ever did ?

It's a serious question - and also where has the 'he is carrying too much weight' issue come from ?

I genuinely can not comprehend what possesses people to kick him on his way out?
I can understand the David Cloke resentment for sure.

But calling Travis a 'spud' with insufficient 'strength of character' ?
Bridge too far for me.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

The game has changed. It was reported that the club wanted him to shed about 5 kilograms and improve his tank. Others in the club have taken notice of the fitness staff. Many attended the sessions with the ballet fitness instructor from the Australia Ballet in an effort to improve core strength. Travis has run his own race. This is the result. Lets's just see what he does to comply with the wishes of his new team. Chances are he will need to do exactly the same or something very similar to what the Pies asked him to do.

Even Pendles in an interview earlier this year alluded to the fact that Cloke could not play his role.

When considering what the Doggies are willing to trade for him and pay him, it is a hell of a lot closer to spud money than the super star money we have been paying him for little return in recent years.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
a single spud who did not have the strength of character or commitment to adapt to the modern game
Really ?

I thought I heard Buck's say that Clokey had never completed so much of the training program before, that he is covering as much ground as he ever did ?

It's a serious question - and also where has the 'he is carrying too much weight' issue come from ?

I genuinely can not comprehend what possesses people to kick him on his way out?

Bridge too far for me.
Cloke is not a spud, that Vickery is a spud, and dumbass Hawthorn just paid way overs for him, even tiger fans are rejoicing online. Travis was once a great player, most contested marks, but in the last two seasons he seems to have lost interest in his football, his efforts were poor, attitude poor, and I reckon the club gave him every chance too get his act together, he was on damn good coin for doing sweet bugger all, really. I cant see him making the dogs team, not a premiership team now, hes a lumberer forward, now a football dinosaur, and he wont fit the dogs frenetic gameplan. I know four
\ dogs fans who are loathe to have him there, they don't want him, they reckon he will upset their applecsrt with his shit attitude, plus they don't think Bevo will somehow transform him into a reliable goal kicker, he will still boot points and outa bounds. Basically, his time has come, and I don't reckon he now suits the modern game.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Carro

Post by Carro »

just let him go for nothing, the guy is absolute vile filth.
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

Fair enough - i have learned that you have some good inside info.

I would have thought that to play for the same money for 2 years rather than enforce the contract at Collingwood for 1 year is showing a strength of character.

What the doggies are willing to trade for him will never be known and even you know it's under his full worth.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

RudeBoy wrote:After 12 years service, I thought it was pretty poor of Travis not to attend the Copeland. After all, he is still a Collingwood player, and it would have been a chance for him to thank a lot of people around the club, as well as the fans, for their support over his long career.
Perhaps they wanted to avoid any animosity from supporters, similar to when Beams was advised not to attend the Copeland in 2014?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

piedys wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:After 12 years service, I thought it was pretty poor of Travis not to attend the Copeland. After all, he is still a Collingwood player, and it would have been a chance for him to thank a lot of people around the club, as well as the fans, for their support over his long career.
Perhaps they wanted to avoid any animosity from supporters, similar to when Beams was advised not to attend the Copeland in 2014?
His hobby is collecting $5 notes. That says it all. :roll:
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Piesnchess wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Really ?

Bridge too far for me.
Cloke is not a spud, that Vickery is a spud, and dumbass Hawthorn just paid way overs for him, even tiger fans are rejoicing online. Travis was once a great player, most contested marks, but in the last two seasons he seems to have lost interest in his football, his efforts were poor, attitude poor, and I reckon the club gave him every chance too get his act together, he was on damn good coin for doing sweet bugger all, really. I cant see him making the dogs team, not a premiership team now, hes a lumberer forward, now a football dinosaur, and he wont fit the dogs frenetic gameplan. I know four
\ dogs fans who are loathe to have him there, they don't want him, they reckon he will upset their applecsrt with his shit attitude, plus they don't think Bevo will somehow transform him into a reliable goal kicker, he will still boot points and outa bounds. Basically, his time has come, and I don't reckon he now suits the modern game.

Yes Vickery is a spud and the way the system works, Richmond get pick 26 as compo for losing him and we get pick 71 for Trav. Now that sucks ass.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930