#32 Will Hoskin-Elliott

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Let's see how McStay goes.... :?
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

I hope its not Noble. Takes the game on, breaks lines etc. Adds so much more than his negatives.

McStay would want to perform (as much as I think he is a good pickup) otherwise I agree.

WHE will not be best 22.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

This is a major calamity delisting Madgen and the Brown brothers and leaving the whingers no one to whinge about. I guess we have to hope for WHE having a really bad year next year so he can take over the mantle of chief whipping boy. However it's going to be devastating if he has a good year because Nicks will be missing half the normal number of posts next year.
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

I too have consistently jumped on the WHE whipping-boy bus in the past due to my frustration that he should be able to do more with the talent that he has and the glimpses of that talent that he shows on occasions. e.g. taking pack marks vs Fremantle in the wet in the first game against them in Perth this season and subsequent goals.
This past season he has rotated through the wing position with Josh Daicos and Steel Sidebottom and he did seem to relish the opportunity to run up and down the flanks to be our regular go-to free player when coming out of defense. I feel he doesn't like to be in one-on-one contests that much but can avoid such contests with his running ability, speed and generally good disposal. He has also demonstrated many times the ability to fly over stationary marking contests to take strong marks.
I feel if he can remain injury free he adds to the attacking flair of Collingwood, but maybe his contested ball and defensive side of his game is where he fails to deliver the complete package. Until somebody can do better he will continue to tease with sublime talent but not quite achieve the match winner status we all hoped he could be.
At this stage of the year I'm keeping a close eye on Noble and McStay for any failings to deliver in their allocated role. :shock:
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I hope I’m wrong but if he still can’t kick the damn ball without turning it over, Adams is a shoe in to be given that “accolade”.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

I reckon if Darcy Cameron struggles and Grundy stars the fans will turn on him real quick...
Buon Giorno
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Is Howe moving into that territory?
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

This is a great problem to have. Once we get to the stage where we have no obvious whipping boy means we are ready to go. We are very close. Even WHE was pretty good this season. Our bottom six is not bad.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
Uncle Jack

Post by Uncle Jack »

Redraft Callum Brown. We have an obvious need for him.
alexjvillani

Post by alexjvillani »

Simple answer. Trent Bianco.
Smoking shadows behind the mirrors - Travis Cloke
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

1st.

Noble... Granted borderline 22, not a genuine AA , too short, his mistakes are killing us. ( unlike forwards who can make mistakes all day !)

He falls into the category where the detractors, contrary to his record, just continually wish to find ammunition so they can reiterate how bad he is.

The true whipping boy.

2nd
McStay....This guy fails to kick a goal in a losing side.. Holy Cow, here it comes!

3rd LEFT FIELD
Ginnivan... After a good 2022, with the side languishing on 5 wins he has kicked half his quota.. 2022 was a fluke, and he should stop drinking his own bathwater.

WHE, BIANCO - we know where they stand, so any criticisms will just be par for course... not necessarily whipping because detractor's don't have anyone to 'detract' to. lol
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

I have a great idea. How about we dont have one!
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Tay Adams.....

With the evolution of the skills of this team, Tay's abhorrent skills will be more evident. His turnovers will hurt more and more.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Presti35 wrote:I have a great idea. How about we dont have one!
I agree. This is a great idea.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
jatsad
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jatsad »

I agree fully but do you really think that will be the case?
Jatsad - That is all