#9 John Noble - requests a trade

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 28 times

Re: #9 John Noble

Post by BazBoy »

With him & Begg exiting.
Does that free up much $$$$. ??
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
GreekLunatic
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

The 27-year-old has been offered a four-year deal by the Suns, they offered him 4 years and also he wants to be close to family
SLORT
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by SLORT »

So, what's in it fer us?...Luko?
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

They'll need to play him at night only, he'll catch on fire in the Gold Coast sun.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by piffdog »

Bit of a shock, but somewhat understandable. It would be so difficult to get over being such a reliable contributor and then being dumped for a finals campaign where you win the flag. Thought he was pretty good this year (managed 20 games) - but would he again be at risk of being squeezed out come crunch time in finals and no injuries? I would have liked to see him played on a wing a bit more - but I guess he's played his last game now. Hope he can go on and play another 4 years and get himself to 200 games. Would be a great story - seems like a good guy. Will create a spot in this year's best 23 for one of the rookies. Eyre or Ed Allan get to cut their teeth off half back?

The question is what might he be worth in a trade? Third rounder? GC currently have #53 and #67. Would their second rounder be too cheeky (#28 more likely to be #32-ish). Noble and next year's first rounder in exchange for Lukocious???

Probably leaves room for Markov to be extended for another year as a like-for-like type player.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
BazBoy
Been liked: 28 times

Post by BazBoy »

Couldn’t swap for Lokosuis(think that’s his name)
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
SLORT
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by SLORT »

I'd have thought that he's read the room and realised Parker has probably nudged him out. Markov already re-signed.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Parker is preferred to him and he knows it.
With Josh D playing off HBF his opportunities will be limited
A 4 year deal is too good to pass up for him
Send him and a 4th round pick to Gold Coast ask for 28 back as trade
Gives us another 2nd round pick to use
piffdog
Been liked: 33 times

Post by piffdog »

Ahh. Didnt realise Markov had already re-signed.

Liked Parker's game against Dees. Looks to have a lazer foot. Be good for him to have a proper pre-season (from memory we only signed him in mid Feb).
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 112 times

Re: #9 John Noble - requests a trade

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Didn’t see this coming. He goes with my well wishes, particularly as he cited family. And he won’t get a four year deal with us, I honestly saw him playing more vFl from 2025.

I’m guessing we’ll get draft picks which we’ll trade elsewhere for a player.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Hiding behind mental health and family are two of the great excuses in modern day footy. You got head-hunted by Dimma and offered a 4 year deal so just "own it" lime DJ and Brookes Koepka did when they left the PGA Tour to LIV Golf. He is contracted to us till 2026 so Justin Leppitsch play it tough, stop saying we shall accommodate a trade and for once in a lifetime Pies, GET OVERS on a deal vs getting rorted!! Pick 20 please!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I wait a sec, I thought he was from SA???
derkd
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

He is from S.A, he might well have family in Queensland too.

Anyway, if we can get pick 28 from Gold Coast for this, that is a good result, this is a very deep draft and second round picks are 'gold' pardon the pun, as alot of very good players will slip into the second round.

A war chest of second round picks will be very handy in moving up the board (should the club choose) on draft night.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I rate Noble ( kinda ) but this is the exact type of fringe trade that will improve our draft capital in the off season. Probably worth a late 2nd or a very early 3rd ( as a regular senior player in a strong team ) Add in the likely departure of Richards and the draft points required to help us up the draft order are already accumulating pretty quickly.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Derek his dad is team manager for dick Johnson racing (V8’s) based on Gold Coast