Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

daics aka the ruckman
Been liked: 3 times

Post by daics aka the ruckman »

From big footy

Mentally shit.
All those campaigners who showed up in the last quarter should be ashamed of themselves.
go pies
daics aka the ruckman
Been liked: 3 times

Post by daics aka the ruckman »

Damien wrote:SOS. That’s all I’m saying.
Court date In July. Media might have ban lifted and then we can report.
go pies
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

We’re back… :twisted:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Love watching Fantasia stink up the field. Curnow gets away with pushing in the back all day. Umps heavily favoured their darlings and they still lost. Great game to watch for all the right reasons! They’d be nothing without Cripps.
Buon Giorno
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

TankingCarlton...
The most embarrassing loss in recent memory (since we became good again at least)
What a weird-arse game. We outscore them 8 to 3, then get outscored 7 to 2 and 7 to 1 then out score them 5 to 1.
I love Paddy but laughing in the background of Toby’s interview immediately after the game makes me feel sick.

We’re not ready.

They don’t hurt enough.
Allowing GWS to score out score us by 14 goals to 3 is a massive concern. Had no answers.

More concerning,
Weitering, seems to cop a corky every week. Won’t be able to walk by seasons end.

2nd spot not locked in…
Disgusted with that. No excuse for the magnitude of the turnaround.

Contest, pressure, effort, intensity and mental maturity so far off a legitimate contending side. You just can’t play that poorly for two whole quarters.

Major steps back tonight. Fear it’ll make a material dent in our belief and confidence.

Back to being pretenders until they prove otherwise.
can someone pleas explain to me what *momentum* in sport actually is and how it works?

we need to recruit some PhD level physicists to come into the club for the rest of the season and work this shit out for once and for all!

just embarrassing.
Those two middle quarters all felt like I was in a time machine back to middle of last year.
GWS clearly the better side however if we did the common sense thing and played Weitering on Hogan the result may well have been different. Kemp needs to learn how to defend - he was terrible.
I also thought it was strange to rush Cottrell back in the side after such a long lay-off.
TDK, Kemp and Weitering not touching the ball on the line in the 3rd qtr signalled a lack of desperation.
What the @#$%&! happened?? I'm out. Saw when we were up 8 goals to 2. Next I see we're down 15 goals to 10. What the actual @#$%&!? Got ahead of ourselves by the looks of it. Back down to earth. @#$%&!
you reap what you sow

we just got a reality check. from the mis kick from weiters to ollie they got on top, and we drank our bathwater

had a chance to consolidate 2nd and threw it away

gws have serious speed, i'd hate to play them in the finals
The last quarter was a breath mint after an hour of projectile vomiting, but even if my breath is less rancid the bathroom is still a mess.
wake up call?

i had a feeling GWS needed this more than us and at home just might.

oh well, all that talk of us being Flaggers, just give us the flag has been trashed completely. Flagged bad during the second Q and didn’t wake up till 3/4 time.
Odd game. Losing by 2 goals doesn't seem so bad after how poor we were in the 2nd and 3rd...but losing by 2 goals after kicking 8 in the 1st qtr? Yuck.
Giants 261 uncontested possessions ranks 15th for the most conceded by a team this year.

Wonder what the Carlton pressure rating was like for QTR 2 and 3.
Cripps was off for the first six minutes of the second quarter after dominating the first.

That’s when we lost all structure and accountability.

He gets five minutes or so during the quarter time break.

He’s had a @#$%&! rest!

Why would you allow a momentum swing like that?
Disappointed .... we could have made 2nd spot ours tonight.
McGovern is a liability. I can’t believe he sh1ts the bed when he expects contact and continuously lets the ball go over the back. Surely Weitering can teach him to kill the ball……FMD

If you want to swap a defender, please move him on while we have some currency.
If you are 5 % off against any 100% switch on opposition you lose in this comp
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

BigFooty (Carlton)...
Did somebody say KFC?
Mentally shit.

All those campaigners who showed up in the last quarter should be ashamed of themselves.
Arrogant at the selection table.

Hogan got an arm chair ride from the umps.
Rubbish, I’m glad we showed fight, but where was it in quarter 2&3?
Forget about this one. What a shocker. Horrible 2nd & 3rd quarters.
I figured it out, VFL team lose = Carlton win, the VFL team won only the second game of the season today...
Hurts
Good.
Scoreboard more flattering than the performance.
Played about as bad as we could.
Losing is bad enough without being forced to listen to that much Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Could be a wake up call, could just be we're not as good as we thought.

Hard one to read really. Feel we were massively flattered by the scoreboard in the end.
Getting some 2014-2018 vibes with Cripps carrying the midfield tonight.
Dunno about this standing around laughing with the oppo after the game following an effort like that.
2 goal loss in the end doesn't really tell the tale of the tape...
Bad luck boys.

Inexcusable middle quarters meant you didn't deserve to win that game.
Imagine being a professional football club and being unable to pick up on a few tactical changes and arrest a run of the mill anxiety attack.

Get serious.

Stop playing too many players with no match fitness and niggles so that 1 or 2 players copping a knock or getting pressured doesn't spill into this kind of performance.

Cottrell to the reserves, immediately.
We were 39 points in front of a team that won 2 of 7, who were undermanned. Absolute shit. Where was that final quarter desperation in the 2nd and 3rd.
We played about 30 minutes of good footy tonight. No where near good enough
Very disappointing. Think some are drinking their own bath water.
If we didn’t dominate the first quarter I would’ve just put our performance down to an off night. I don’t know wtf happened in the second and third quarters.
too few standing up and actually realizing you need to respond (when it stops being a walk in the park).
disgusting. arrogant
We were just putrid after the 1st quarter.

GWS hungrier for the ball, we were reactive.

GWS wanted it, we didn't.
We are not skilled enough to not be a mega pressure side.
Embarrassing to lose that after being 40 points up. Match committee truly baffling bringing Cottrell straight back in, especially when leaving Ollie Hollands in, whose been stinking it up for weeks
Cant afford to drop another game in next 3-4 weeks
A bit of hubris on our part bringing in a player (Cottrell) who hasn’t played for such a long time straight after cerra last week?
14.5 to 3.2 in an effective half of footy is inexcusable

Don't deserve to win any games of footy with 2 quarters like that
I said at half time we'll see if we are contenders or not.

Have to say we didnt look like it tonight , got some late goals but i didnt feel like it was a 2 goal game.

There were about a dozen players who had their worst games for the year. I guess we will see next couple of weeks if we can put this game behind us.

Oh well i guess it is over to the Tour.
So they loose 8 out of their last 10 and put it together in slippery conditions and play their GF tonight … fml!
Players must have read this forum pre game. 8+ goal win incoming. Opportunity to 'rest' players... didn't respect a team from last years prelim..

"Statement game" indeed.
I’ll put this down to the loss we had to have - but we only get one chance at it
What does this mean for our premiership aspirations?
We are really vulnerable against speed from stoppage. Swans would watch that and lick their lips. Austin gets a free ride on this forum for his unbalanced list management. eg how does the lord selection solve our core list deficiency of speed
Kemp was defensively awful
Curnow was offensively awful. He has lost his leading/marking touch and what is it with the one hand contests and always being behind?
Walsh can't burst from stoppage and I question whether he has lost a quick step due to the back injury.
We have no answer to speed.

The players who should be able to counter it somewhat just don't.
Disgusted with that. No excuse for the magnitude of the turnaround.

Contest, pressure, effort, intensity and mental maturity so far off a legitimate contending side. You just can’t play that poorly for two whole quarters.

Major steps back tonight. Fear it’ll make a material dent in our belief and confidence.

Back to being pretenders until they prove otherwise.
Charlie needs to pull his head in, zero intensity, has been sooking it up all year. Is he is sore, give him a week off.
Putrid coaching and selection performance. Cottrell should not have played. Hollande should have been dropped. Hewett >> Cerra. I’ve said this before, Cerra doesn’t add much to our side. Making Owies sub? Seriously.

Cincotta not going to Whitfield was baffling. Curnow is surely injured?

Lots of question marks and a huge opportunity missed to solidify top 4. Reminds me of the Adelaide game.
Curnow get on your bloody bike... watch Cameron play... I'm over his rubbish efforts
This is a simple game to review.

One team wanted it more than the other and came out with that intent after quarter time.

The other once again thought it would just happen.We all know that you only need to be 5% off and you will get beaten.

We also have an issue playing in Sydney.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

Carlton lose again :twisted:
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Have this feeling things are starting to unravel for the Blues.
Little suspect.
They have a tough couple of weeks as well.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

TankingCarlton...
Stop

Kicking

Own

Goals

With

Team

Selection
Disgraceful way to commemorate a champion. @#$%&! off, @#$%&! off, then @#$%&! off again.
Get [REDACTED]
@#$%&! off
Go @#$%&! yourself

Deserved to lose. Voss has questions to answer. Never want to see two rucks again. We miss Hewett so much. Insane that he’s available and not selected. Cannot fathom it.
Lost it before the bounce... out coached... again

So much for the "easy" part of our fixture
Lack of pressure, team selection, not as switched as we should be. 2 games straight we have died a death after qtr time.

Our biggest strength is our pressure. We it is applied no one beats us, when it's not we are exposed.
No Hewett No Carlton
Defence is one injury away from being one any team can absolutely massacre.
[REDACTED] around with a winning formula and ended up orchestrating an ineffective one-man midfield.
Shit coaching.
Already wearing a maroon fleece, gonna put some blue trackies on, switch on Ch7 and fume quietly.
Furious. Crippa deserves better.

We aren’t THAT team and ain’t winning shit this year.

How can you play like that after the shambles of last week and in Cripps 200th?

Back to having no trust in the team, most of the players, coaches and the club again.
We’re an arrogant club with arrogant team selections and arrogant supporters.

“Let’s try a few things to get ready for finals…”

No.

Just try to @#$%&! win every game with your best possible weapons.

Being top two is a better predictor of finals success than trialling two @#$%&! ruckmen when it fails over and over again and bringing in underdone players at the expense of fit warriors.

Sick of this shit because it’s so predictable.
First sentence sums it all up beautifully 8)
Had a week to work out why and how to stop teams slapping us like a really nice bopty around stoppages… and there was no change!!

Yep the stats say we won stoppages but they scored from them.

Questions about this team.

Lots.
Been worked out bring the pressure and we fold.
Really interested to see if Hewett plays tomorrow.
2 wins from 7 games with 2 rucks. Bulldogs scored at will while Pitto was in the middle but for whatever reason, the knuckleheaded coaches don't get it.
Not interested in having the usual bullshit ruck debate, the facts speak for themselves. My beef is with the coaches/leaders who continue to fuel this nonsense, not with any posters.
For everything he has done and what he has meant to the club and all that bleed blue, couldn’t be more modern Carlton to perform like this in his 200th.

I’m @#$%&! fuming. More so because I was daring to dream. We are miles off achieving what we all want.
we won't win a final let alone a gf with this selected team.

to make things worse. no gawn, no melbourne and if the drug cheats win tonight, they're 2nd. not us.

time to wake tf up...our coaches and selection committee are killing us, and the players have tuned out whatever the messages are. it's a concern.
Yep. This team is killing me. The turnovers and effort in that first 10 minutes gave me that awful feeling.
coaching has so much to answer for.

we were playing one ruck, hard tagging cincotta onto their best, moving the ball coast to coast and applying pressure on their forward entry. as a result out metrics were thru the roof and we looked flag bound.

now we're back to a middle of the road, plodding team who's just in finals to make up numbers. it's beyond frustrating. obviously despite some of the soundwaves in here, it's not a case of 'in voss we trust' and to rucks and 3 key forwards is a horrible, horrible idea.
When our bottom 6 are bad, they're really bad.

Cerra and Cottrell both missed too much footy to come straight back in.

I am so bummed for Cripps but unfortunately he's probably used to it.
It's absolutely decided now. If Voss goes with this set up any more, he is simply being pig headed. Pitto only plays if TDK can't.

Our midfield defensive pressure the last 2 weeks has been non existent. I don't think it's any coincidence that it's 2 week without Hewett. Unless he is injured and they're not telling us, I just don't get it.

Olli and Cottrell can't be in the same side. A lot of running for zero impact. One or the other. Or neither. Honestly see no value in either in current output.

Marchbank is now in the Plowman category. Panics under pressure. Always reactive. Awful decision making. Undersized. Stamp his papers. Done

Charlie = lazy and selfish at the moment. It's really disappointing. Feel like he's more interested in the Coleman than being in a successful team. 3.7... arguably cost us any chance of winning today.

Finally, the slap in the face to Cripps playing his 200th today. The guy has gone through probably 170 games of shit for this club. The last 30 he probably thought he was finally turning the long awaited corner. Every person at the club should feel ashamed for that performance today. Nothing but a big @#$%&! you to Crippa.

We reset after the Sydney shit show. I thought that was going to be the catalyst. Can we reset again? If they think next week is a soft kill, they will lose and the season is free fall. I genuinely fear for this season
............We can still miss the finals
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

That’s restored my faith in life
Buon Giorno
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

BigFooty (Carlton)...
Lost at selection, after weeks of being cute for the sake of being cute.
Cripps deserved so much better
This is your loss Voss.

Firstly with the team selection.

Cottrell now worst on ground two weeks in a row. Surely you can’t pick him again.

Pittonet? I thought the ruck experiment was over. Surely it is now.

And what did Hewett do to you? Pick him next week, and every week from now on.

And then you double down on game day.

Took you an entire half to tag Bailey Dale. Don’t you watch tape?

And that extra number the dogs put on the footy? It took you three quarters to realise it was killing us? Really?

Take a good look in the mirror.

What a joke.
Really poor effort from coach/MC down to all the players - to celebrate Cripps 200th. What a downer.
Geez it’s tough being a Blues supporter.

No way we should have lost this game with their outs.

But the MC in all their wisdom picked two rucks and of course we got murdered buggier run.

Playing Contrell and Cerra straight back in has been a huge mistake.

We had the winning formula and ****ed it up.

Serves us right.

Don’t mess with a winning formula!

We lost this before the ball was bounced
This team finds new ways to let you down

Feel for Crippa

Absolutely destroyed in centre clearances
Fitting that Marchbank finished his last contest of the game laying on the ground, where he spent majority of the day
Pathetic effort. I don't want to hear one word about our injuries... look at theirs ffs
Disgraceful. Am embarrassment to our great Captain.
Well that was crap!

Chance to consolidate Top 2 and now we're back amongst the pack. Disappointing AF!
Smacks of arrogance from coaches, selection and players.
We suck, season is done.
Enough with the favoiurites Vossy, you've been carried by your stars all year, time to start pulling your weight.

Cottrell, O Hollands and Pitto, out, just not ****ing good enough week on week
have to say our old mental demons have come back, prior to Voss the club had one something like 1 three-in-a-row in 10 years, as a team we get ahead of ourselves and barely turn up.

Last two weeks we were hot favourites and both games we've been beaten by a team that wants to win, not expects to win
Kidding ourselves if we cannot beat a Bulldogs lineup missing all of their key backs, Treloar and Naughton.

and to concede a 100 points to them no less.

Ollie, Cotts, Marchy, Pitto are dropped 100% for mine.

3.7 Charlie boy, you killed us tonight, you had every chance to save this game and missed all of them.

All of this, on your heroic skippers 200th, ****ing ashamed you should all be.
Absolute embarrassment ☺️
Voss and the mc - absolutely ****ing pulverised.
How arrogant are we?
Very :P
I want a word with the MC …****ing lunatics
Same old Carlton letting down there fearless leader
Disgusting
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

They will still make top 4 but play the Lions week 1 finals
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Thanks so much, Jezza - i got up early to read this! What a team they are.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Laugh at Carlscum thread

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Love your work, Jezza, cheers.

On another note, if anyone cared to do a similar thread for the bummers, the mob over at bomberblitz are simply brutal after a loss, and generally hilarious! :lol:
https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/t/rev ... rows/32952
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Jezza

Re: Laugh at Carlscum thread

Post by Jezza »

Carlton showing the world why they're pretenders!!! :mrgreen: