#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

Nah. Still squarely in the phark him camp.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Fair enough. Given the rampart cancel culture, DeGoey smiling the wrong way will be construed as bring the game into dispute.

Just put a standard contract in front of him.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Haff

Post by Haff »

No, the club is bigger than JDG. Keep Grundy get Mitchell and Fiorni or what ever his name is.
My 12yo has ADHD and is on the spectrum but he knows that that is NOT an excuse for poor behaviour. This germ has the audacity to roll ADHD out as an excuse then won’t sign behavioural clauses? No thankyou. Obviously still a little boy who hasn’t grown up and the club is so much bigger.
I implore Collingwood to let him go and keep Grundy why actually wants to be here.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
mudlark

JDG refuses to sign Contract.

Post by mudlark »

It's been reported yesterday, that Jordy has refused to sign the contract ,as it stands, with the behavioural clause(s) in it. I for one, can't say I blame him.NO employer has the right to tell you what you can and can't do """in your own time.""" I would believe it to unconstitutional at the least. As long as no laws are broken
Last edited by mudlark on Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

I actually feel sympathetic towards Jordan De Goey here. Look what happened to him in Bali? Two consenting adults. Now we have character assassinations of Chris Fagan and Alistair Clarkson without any regard for the legal system. Players who participated in the internal Hawthorn investigation are reluctant to give evidence in an AFL enquiry. Meanwhile Fagan and Clarkson are being hung out to dry. Unfortunately we live in a society of trial by media, conviction by innuendo and guilt by association. All De Goey has to do is being seen out with his girlfriend having a good time when someone decides to pick a fight on him and whatever happens, the media will spin it into being all De Goey’s fault.

I don’t blame him at all in being hesitant to sign a long term contract which has a lot of morality clauses in it that no other AFL player is forced to sign. If De Goey says he has ADHD everybody says he’s making it up. When Heater said he had ADHD people were reaching out to him to help him. Jordan De Goey is basically the bad guy. Whatever he says or does it comes out that he’s holding the club to ransom. No one feels sorry for him.

Personally I think he deserves better treatment from the club and the supporters. Unlike Sam Reid, Jordan De Goey played through the pain barrier in our finals series and almost got us into a grand final. I feel sorry for him. If the club doesn’t want to give him a 5 year contact the solution is simple - just pay him year by year. At the end of each year review his situation as to whether he wants to stay or go. His agreement to continue at the club should be a mutual one between player and club.
MatthewBoydFanClub

Dp.
Last edited by MatthewBoydFanClub on Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:If the club doesn’t want to give him a 5 year contact the solution is simple - just pay him year by year. At the end of each year review his situation as to whether he wants to stay or go. His agreement to continue at the club should be a mutual one between player and club.
You know that St Kilda have offered him 5 years at $1M per year, don't you?
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

How much can a club mishandle list management? If he walks it’s a massive failure
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Riewoldt, I believe sent a picture of his Dick, or flashed his Dick. Or allowed his Dick to be photographed or did whatever... it had something to do with his Dick.

If I was the moral police.... sounds 100 times worse than what Jordy did in Bali.

Now he is on TV with no stigma attached. What Dick?

Jordy has his misdemeanor sticking like Shiite.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Say good night Dick !

Good night Dick !!
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
MatthewBoydFanClub

Pies4shaw wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:If the club doesn’t want to give him a 5 year contact the solution is simple - just pay him year by year. At the end of each year review his situation as to whether he wants to stay or go. His agreement to continue at the club should be a mutual one between player and club.
You know that St Kilda have offered him 5 years at $1M per year, don't you?
Jordan says he enjoys playing at Collingwood because that’s where his friends are. Money isn’t everything. Pendlebury could have walked out of the club years ago for more money.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I'm not sure how that's responsive. Collingwood increased their contract offer to 5 years because De Goey was already sniffing around the St Kilda money. He's not going to agree to be paid "year by year". That's just wishful thinking.
Haff

Post by Haff »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote: If De Goey says he has ADHD everybody says he’s making it up. When Heater said he had ADHD people were reaching out to him to help him.
Who is saying he’s making it up? It’s clear today that more and more as adults are being diagnosed.
What I’m saying is, like my 12yo, it is not an excuse for his poor behaviour. It’s a victim mentality and if he truely believes that he will be a victim to his condition his entire life.
The boy needs to grow up.
MatthewBoydFanClub

Haff wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote: If De Goey says he has ADHD everybody says he’s making it up. When Heater said he had ADHD people were reaching out to him to help him.
Who is saying he’s making it up? It’s clear today that more and more as adults are being diagnosed.
What I’m saying is, like my 12yo, it is not an excuse for his poor behaviour. It’s a victim mentality and if he truely believes that he will be a victim to his condition his entire life.
The boy needs to grow up.
Where did De Goey say he was using his ADHD as an excuse for his past misbehavior? He only said he was diagnosed with it and was working to improve himself.
MatthewBoydFanClub

Pies4shaw wrote:I'm not sure how that's responsive. Collingwood increased their contract offer to 5 years because De Goey was already sniffing around the St Kilda money. He's not going to agree to be paid "year by year". That's just wishful thinking.
That’s true except to say that it never bothered Pendlebury to go from year to year, or in the most recent negotiation period, to ask for a two year contract (which he got). De Goey knows he’s an an elite player and could walk to any other club. Five years gives him security if suffers any long term injuries, except to say that clubs often break contracts if a player suffers a long term injury. De Goey lives on the edge in his private life. I don’t see what difference it makes if De Goey goes a one year or two year contract with the morality clauses removed. The only obligation a player has to a club is that they reflect the values and public face of the club. Signing autographs, talking to fans, being available for media interviews is all part of that. However what a player does in their own private lives is none of the club’s business.