#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Does ANY other Club have any behavioural clauses in their contracts , for any of their players, or are we the only ones to do this righteous stuff ??.
No other club has De Goey on their list, so the question doesn't really arise.

Hehehe love it

That’s true lawyer speak too!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Presti35 wrote:Nice to see Timmy and Channel 7 reporting like we're the evil footy club again.

:roll:
Yeah I noted the media who sunk the boot into Jordy and treated him like a sex predator after Bali are now on his side.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Does ANY other Club have any behavioural clauses in their contracts , for any of their players, or are we the only ones to do this righteous stuff ??.

Dusty and his chopsticks in a wall says hello, so does May and his round house right punches with a team mate, violently, as does the Disco wreckers at Tigerland, and far too many more to mention here, but you get my drift. :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Hehehe love it

Plenty of other dickheads at other clubs, look at Richmond and Melbourne, exhibit A. Drunken brawls, fights, and round house right punches in pubs and discos. Just saying. :o :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

My gut feel is that the club and Jordan will come to an agreement because not doing so would not only cost us a talented player McRae wants to retain, it would also decrease the appeal of McStay coming to the club (if he's no longer a free hit in terms of trade) as well as devalue any trade currency we get for Grundy (if we need to trade for McStay).

Yes we can match any deal from St Kilda and force a trade but that would require an understanding and amicable parting of the ways with Jordan whereby he will guarantee he wont remain at Collingwood under the terms offered by the Saints. Is that likely if he wants to remain and now can under terms that wouldn't include extra behavioural clauses?

Personally I can't imagine the club wants the optics of losing both Grundy and De Goey (and possibly Henry) in the one off season.

Can't imagine the coach wants that much talent and potential walking out the door either.

I know I don't.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

^ Agree 100%

think positive

Post by think positive »

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote: No other club has De Goey on their list, so the question doesn't really arise.

Hehehe love it

Plenty of other dickheads at other clubs, look at Richmond and Melbourne, exhibit A. Drunken brawls, fights, and round house right punches in pubs and discos. Just saying. :o :o
there sure is! and go count how many pages we all salivate for when they do!

also, just because someone jumps off a bridge doesnt mean its a good idea to follow them!
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

^ True TP, but when it is COLLINGWOOD, the whole fooking world ends, the media go utterly ballistic. Always has. sigh.

glasseyevfx

Post by glasseyevfx »

swoop42 wrote:My gut feel is that the club and Jordan will come to an agreement because not doing so would not only cost us a talented player McRae wants to retain, it would also decrease the appeal of McStay coming to the club (if he's no longer a free hit in terms of trade) as well as devalue any trade currency we get for Grundy (if we need to trade for McStay).

Yes we can match any deal from St Kilda and force a trade but that would require an understanding and amicable parting of the ways with Jordan whereby he will guarantee he wont remain at Collingwood under the terms offered by the Saints. Is that likely if he wants to remain and now can under terms that wouldn't include extra behavioural clauses?

Personally I can't imagine the club wants the optics of losing both Grundy and De Goey (and possibly Henry) in the one off season.

Can't imagine the coach wants that much talent and potential walking out the door either.

I know I don't.
You're probably right and I think the 'optics' of dictating behavior above and beyond the norm is well on the nose right now. How big is the step of saying "you can't associate with this person" to "Tell her to get an abortion." Clubs need to realize they are employers and need to respect peoples freedoms.
As much as I wouldn't like to see it, if Collingwood land themselves in trouble over this contract business it wouldn't be a bad thing.
Last edited by glasseyevfx on Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
We shall set our course by the stars and not ships that pass in the night
5:11pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by 5:11pm »

Piesnchess wrote:
5:11pm wrote:The club has conceded ground on the ‘behavioural clauses’ in the contract and Degoey has signed for 5 years.

IS this fact, for just fantasy, I have not heard or seen anything to support this, of course, I hope its true. :? :?
Fact, not fantasy.

The deal has implications for several other players on our list and at other clubs, so one would imagine Wright will get all his ducks in a row before making the official announcement.

Let’s just hope we have an incident free pre-season.

Piesnchess wrote:
5:11pm wrote:The club has conceded ground on the ‘behavioural clauses’ in the contract and Degoey has signed for 5 years.

IS this fact, for just fantasy, I have not heard or seen anything to support this, of course, I hope its true. :? :?
Fact, not fantasy.

The deal has implications for several other players on our list and at other clubs, so one would imagine Wright will get all his ducks in a row before making the official announcement.

Let’s just hope we have an incident free pre-season.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Why are you the only one to know (at this point)?

You may well be right, but its not in any other news and that makes people rightfully suspicious.
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

^ 5.11 is somehow in the know. He correctly indicated that DeGoey was out of the Swans game (round 22) well before it was reported by the media...
I find your lack of faith disturbing
think positive

Post by think positive »

maybe its his dad

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:Why are you the only one to know (at this point)?

You may well be right, but its not in any other news and that makes people rightfully suspicious.
Clearly you’re drinking at the wrong pub