#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

5:11pm wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
5:11pm wrote:The club has conceded ground on the ‘behavioural clauses’ in the contract and Degoey has signed for 5 years.

IS this fact, for just fantasy, I have not heard or seen anything to support this, of course, I hope its true. :? :?
Fact, not fantasy.

The deal has implications for several other players on our list and at other clubs, so one would imagine Wright will get all his ducks in a row before making the official announcement.

Let’s just hope we have an incident free pre-season.
I only believe shit when 5:11 says it
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Be hilarious if Jordy, Grundy and Henry all stay
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Big belly laughs Mr M
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

think positive wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
think positive wrote: This, 110% this

Arrogance and greed
Some have changed there tune.
Not at all. Always wanted him to stay, but he’s not worth more than 850k.
Which is probably more than he has signed on for being a true team man, rejecting much larger offers elsewhere.

The JDG saga has never been about money to Jordy, he just wants some job security free from overreactions from a woke board.
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

Heard JDG has signed and it will be announced very soon. The credibility of the source will be shown if the club makes the announcement asap.
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Wise heads prevail in the end. Remember his body wasn’t right throughout the finals series, but he was still one of our best. It would have been folly to let him go considering he loves the club and wants to remain at the club. Going without any compensation given the McStay situation would have made it worse. We can be angry that he mucked up in NY and in his early days he was caught driving over the limit. However a lot of his past misdemeanors are overstated. You take any Collingwood player and compare him to a player from any other club. What they get away with we get pilloried. If we did what the Hawthorn Football Club is alleged to have done the AFL would have shut us down and taken away our license to operate as a football club.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Would a signing like Jordan’s be needed before they investigate the players out there that want to come to us and others they can pry out

What I mean is the known cost added to what we get in will cost
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

Over to you then JDG. Hope that head remains Pulled in.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Haff wrote:Over to you then JDG. Hope that head remains Pulled in.
And keep those new socks bought from the new contract pulled right up
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Colin G Wood

Announcement Tomorrow

Post by Colin G Wood »

DT wrote:Heard JDG has signed and it will be announced very soon. The credibility of the source will be shown if the club makes the announcement asap.
Spot on - The deal is done. Funny to hear some excited St Kilda supporters who still think he's going there. Ain't happening :D
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 29 times

Post by think better »

lazzadesilva wrote:
Haff wrote:Over to you then JDG. Hope that head remains Pulled in.
And keep those new socks bought from the new contract pulled right up
I think therefore I think - I think
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Where there's life, there's hope (report from the AFL blog of comments made on Trade Radio this morning):
Collingwood midfielder Jordan De Goey remains a target for St Kilda, the Saints' list manager James Gallagher has said.

Asked if he was still a player the Saints were targeting, Gallagher said: "He is.

"We've had a number of conversations with Jordan and his management over a few months now. He's got a big decision to make and the time is coming pretty quickly for that decision. I anticipate in the next two or three days he'll make that call.
So, if he has actually committed to Collingwood, as previously reported, he apparently hasn't communicated that to his only external suitor, yet.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/852380/trad ... ine-update
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Free agency opens tomorrow so we will find out very soon. Very strange only 1 reporter has mentioned his signing….
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
princem007

Post by princem007 »

It’s not official as yet that’s why but apparently he has re-signed. I guess the trade radio job is to create a story until it’s official otherwise no one would listen, they need some stories.
Last edited by princem007 on Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Pies...Premiers 2010
Boogie Knights

Post by Boogie Knights »

princem007 wrote:It’s not official as yet that’s why but apparently he has resigned. I guess the trade radio job is to create a story until it’s official otherwise no one would listen, they need some stories.
Resigned or re-signed? Two vastly different outcomes...