#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

I think some are to harsh in judgement of this kid. He's in his 3rd season now. First one was dynamic but remember he was a unknown at the time and teams paid less attention to him and more to the likes of Pendles and co. Last year he didn't seem to be as effective for whatever reason and maybe some expectations where to high.
Thursday nigth showed what he is capable of and that should be a basis for him to work from.
He is far more suited as a midfielder than a small forward.
For mine I would have him in the midfield and Sidey forward I think it suits both of them better.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

The lad can play and looks bigger and can slam his way through traffic , keep it coming Jordy!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
woftam

Post by woftam »

qldmagpie67 wrote:I think some are to harsh in judgement of this kid. He's in his 3rd season now. First one was dynamic but remember he was a unknown at the time and teams paid less attention to him and more to the likes of Pendles and co. Last year he didn't seem to be as effective for whatever reason and maybe some expectations where to high.
Thursday nigth showed what he is capable of and that should be a basis for him to work from.
For mine I would have him in the midfield and Sidey forward I think it suits both of them better.
Would be a waste of Sideys running abilities to stick him up forward to often.
Winger or midfield with rests forward is better for him & the team.
Stevo75

Post by Stevo75 »

Isn't a natural forward so needs to play midfield where he is suited. Even the best half forwards have quiet games due to the ball not coming to them. Get him in the action where he can impact games and make things happen. Looking forward to the coming season and what a strong, talented and deep midfield can do.
Number 35

Post by Number 35 »

reminds me of Bucks the way he gets centre clearences
Gavin Brown.. Collingwood lifting..Right on the boundary line, back to Milane likewise... DAICOS nearly runs out of room........ GOAL
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Do you like to "go with the flow"?
jackcass

Re: De Goey = De Gun!!!!

Post by jackcass »

RudeBoy wrote:
Culprit wrote:
E wrote:Early signs are the Jordan De Goey is going to be a beast this year.

Watched him thread a handball to get Phillips a goal, read the ball beautifully to grab it himself and score and watched him brutalize other midfielders by sheer force. His skills are sublime. His talent immense.

Jordan De Goey is our next Elite player!
Calm down, it was a practice match. Everyone knows he has the ability and skills, he just needs to bring that to every game. My view is the more responsibility he is given on the field increases his output.
Exactamundo. If I remember right, he was tearing it up in the pre-season comp last year, then his form dropped off considerably when the real stuff was on. However, this time he looks to have increased his fitness, which was his main weakness last year. I reckon he could become one of the absolute gun midfielders in the AFL, but he's got to demonstrate more consistency.
Yep. Was relatively quiet for the 1st 3 quarters Thursday night, and had a ripper in the last. Probably shows he's improved his capacity to run out games but little else. We all knew he could do the things he did in the last but we need to see it more consistently across 4 quarters and week to week during the H&A before we get too far ahead of ourselves.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I am sure he could.
E

Post by E »

jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Culprit wrote:Calm down, it was a practice match. Everyone knows he has the ability and skills, he just needs to bring that to every game. My view is the more responsibility he is given on the field increases his output.
Exactamundo. If I remember right, he was tearing it up in the pre-season comp last year, then his form dropped off considerably when the real stuff was on. However, this time he looks to have increased his fitness, which was his main weakness last year. I reckon he could become one of the absolute gun midfielders in the AFL, but he's got to demonstrate more consistency.
Yep. Was relatively quiet for the 1st 3 quarters Thursday night, and had a ripper in the last. Probably shows he's improved his capacity to run out games but little else. We all knew he could do the things he did in the last but we need to see it more consistently across 4 quarters and week to week during the H&A before we get too far ahead of ourselves.
I think he is De Gun!
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

woftam wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:I think some are to harsh in judgement of this kid. He's in his 3rd season now. First one was dynamic but remember he was a unknown at the time and teams paid less attention to him and more to the likes of Pendles and co. Last year he didn't seem to be as effective for whatever reason and maybe some expectations where to high.
Would be a waste of Sideys running abilities to stick him up forward to often.
Winger or midfield with rests forward is better for him & the team.
191 cm , hes not a small forward so when forward has to play a diff role. Sidey is ok resting forward bu needs to be on the ball, hes one of the few players who run both ways when playing midfield.
Degoey will continue to improve - I was surprised by the Heeney stats comparison and see it only as great signs of whats to come.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

E wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote: Exactamundo. If I remember right, he was tearing it up in the pre-season comp last year, then his form dropped off considerably when the real stuff was on. However, this time he looks to have increased his fitness, which was his main weakness last year. I reckon he could become one of the absolute gun midfielders in the AFL, but he's got to demonstrate more consistency.
I think he is De Gun!
Now DeToey
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

And now he joins our worsening injury list, and the beat goes on, and on, and on.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
E

Post by E »

Piesnchess wrote:And now he joins our worsening injury list, and the beat goes on, and on, and on.
did you hear that Pendles Achilles is detached from his calf. Out for the year.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

E wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:And now he joins our worsening injury list, and the beat goes on, and on, and on.
did you hear that Pendles Achilles is detached from his calf. Out for the year.
FFS, detach your tongue from your cheek before you give someone a conniption. :lol:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

E wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:I have always held the belief that De-gun will develop to be a solid A grader.

I also held the belief that Grundy and Witts would make a fantastic ruck combo.

At least I still have a shot with De-Gun
Witts and Grundy will be a fantastic ruck combo. Possibly the best ruck combo in the league within three years. Unfortunately, Grundy will have to do the lions share of the work!!!!
Just like J.Cloke in GFs, the Grundy/Witts combo will only get better without Witts in it.
Well done boys!