#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

neil
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by neil »

swoop42 wrote:Upon hearing the news this morning how many Collingwood supporters immediately had the same two thoughts running through their mind?

1. This is great.

2. Please don't stuff up.
3 My nipples are itchy
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
npalm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by npalm »

^^ Yep. He has had only one top 5 finish (4th) in the Copeland in his 8 years at the club. Hardly the sort of record you'd expect of someone on top dollar.
Side by side.
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

Yep, ludicrously over-hyped player who is either peaking or has peaked already, and yet remains a long way from the AFL's best. Oh well.
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

swoop42 wrote:Upon hearing the news this morning how many Collingwood supporters immediately had the same two thoughts running through their mind?

1. This is great.

2. Please don't stuff up.
Yep

Hopefully he’s with Optus and they lost his passport!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stui magpie »

:lol: :lol:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

Magpietothemax wrote:...Prediction: JDG will NOT stuff up this preseason. He will come back to the preseason in elite physical shape.
Put your money on it.
Only if 5:11pm says so
I find your lack of faith disturbing
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

sherrife wrote: Yep, ludicrously over-hyped player who is either peaking or has peaked already, and yet remains a long way from the AFL's best. Oh well.
Wow
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

I think the stumbling block was the no weekend away in ibiza clause. Glad they got that sorted!!!
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
princem007

Post by princem007 »

Mate… Don’t ever start start a thread with de goey dodges bullet… for a second I thought he had played up and memories of NY and Bali were coming back.
Go Pies...Premiers 2010
Piesnchess
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Feel sorry for Ratts, nice bloke, been through a lot. The Aints really are a one of a kind Club, arent they.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Piesnchess wrote:Feel sorry for Ratts, nice bloke, been through a lot. The Aints really are a one of a kind Club, arent they.
Agreed. AFL is a ruthless business at times.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Piesnchess wrote:Feel sorry for Ratts, nice bloke, been through a lot. The Aints really are a one of a kind Club, arent they.
He’s a fantastic guy, Ratts and like Richardson it’s not his fault. St Kilda are a bit like the Bulldogs. Over the years both clubs have produced great players but neither club could convert that into premierships. That all changed with the Bulldogs when Beveridge came along. No reason St Kilda can’t turn it around either with the right coach and better list management. Geoff Walsh will help. De Goey wouldn’t have been the answer. Having a great leading forward in Max King isn’t the answer either. Premierships are won not by your top five players, but by your bottom five players. That’s the reason Ross Lyon isn’t a premiership coach.
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
He’s a fantastic guy, Ratts and like Richardson it’s not his fault. St Kilda are a bit like the Bulldogs. Over the years both clubs have produced great players but neither club could convert that into premierships. That all changed with the Bulldogs when Beveridge came along. No reason St Kilda can’t turn it around either with the right coach and better list management. Geoff Walsh will help. De Goey wouldn’t have been the answer. Having a great leading forward in Max King isn’t the answer either. Premierships are won not by your top five players, but by your bottom five players. That’s the reason Ross Lyon isn’t a premiership coach.
No. Ross isn’t a premiership coach because he gave us Ball
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

dalyc wrote:No. Ross isn’t a premiership coach because he gave us Ball
Great response. I’m having a good laugh over that one.