Cheersquad 2004 and beyond

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

CAAS

Post by CAAS »

Joffa,

1st i would like to say that i do not just come into the CS forum to abuse you, i have come in here many times to post my opinios on things which i am entitled to do. I have offered many ideas in this forum as well.

2nd. I was making a opint about the bell, its a bad idea and should not be taken further than the idea it is. A bell is used to signal the end of the game if the siren does not work, eg last year, so i suggest you put the bell back around the cows neck and come up with something else. Me, I liked the gold jacket, sign, thought it was clever and good. Keep with it.

As for your other points, i have only to say, what comes around goes around. Its called Karma.

Cheers
We are the premiers
The mighty premiers
and we are mental, and we are mad
we are the loyalist, football supporters
the world has ever had.
CAAS

Post by CAAS »

joffa corfe wrote:
A^D^S^O wrote: I have been harrassed and targeted by collingwood folk, if you want me to name them i will....the embarrassment of hearing the joffa is a wanker chant by a small group of ex cheersquad people simply because they feel they no longer have any power trip over other people is pathetic.
The bus trip to sydney last year and the same people hiring a mini bus with a banner saying 'joffa is a wanker' hanging from the side during the whole trip and when there bus would pass our bus they would get the chant going.

The leaflets with photo and adress details sprinkled all over the MCG was one of the most sickening moments in my life
My name and phone numbers written on the walls of the MCG toilets probably by the same above people.

!!
Just so you and the everybody else knows, I and the rest of the people who were on that bus to sydney had nothing to do with the leaf lets, we never knew about them, if you want to have a chat about them, we shall. I dont like being accused of something i would never suggest be done. I think it was low and disgraceful. I too have received stupid phone calls from a wanker who wants to smash me, bring it on i say, prick hasnt the guts to tel me who he is.
The wanker chant is done by only a couple of people, i agree its wrong but you gave them the ammo Joffa, they are just firing it back at ya. I have no part in it, a few of your outer mates tend to start it, the rest just join in. A few of us are also paid up CS members who donate money even though we do not need too. Unlike a few people who sit there every week and dont pay a cent!! A power trip? What are you on? We say hello to everybody that we know, we showed up the play in the CS footy game and to get to know people who we hadnt met before. We make an effort and we dont try and big note ourselves.
As for the banner, i dont recall a banner hanging out of our bus on the way up or back from Sydney. I do remember some fool stealing a heap of stuff right in front of kids whilst coming back from Adeliade 1 year. Good role model he is.
We are the premiers
The mighty premiers
the world has ever had.
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Very true mick
Pinching chockie bars at servos on interstate trips whilst plastered isnt one of the brainiest things to do, thats probably why i no loger get pissed at the footy or for that matter any place else.

If you were not on that mini bus with kerri baptist and shannon and sheree and a few others i apologise mate no harm intended.

Now if the cowbell idea doesnt go ahead we need other ideas to celebrate the hoisting of the 'game over' banner come up with some ideas mate for standbye so to speak

Lets keep this board to positives and good ideas
cheers mick
joff;)
zoia

Post by zoia »

ok wat about a basketball horn u allways hear them blow erm half way though a game, They used one in a movie it in flubber when they were watching the local college basketball team wat u rekon or is that too loud
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

magpie_1983 wrote:ok wat about a basketball horn u allways hear them blow erm half way though a game, They used one in a movie it in flubber when they were watching the local college basketball team wat u rekon or is that too loud
That is a top idea paul
Where go we get one of them buggers from??
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

We gotta be careful and understand thet the'G' do have a policy on musical instruments so if we are told no deal, what other ideas could we come up with??
Canberra

Post by Canberra »

I am not a member of the Cheer Squad so I'll stay out of the political stuff. If you are looking for a Game Over theme. What about 'When the fat lady sings"? All you need is a blonde wig, a costume made up with a front and a back. You can secure it with velcro tabs so it is easy to get on and off. You then need a portable CD player or cassette player to play Das Valkyrie while someone holds up the Game Over banner
Do not adjust your mind. The fault is in reality.
maggies_4_eva

Post by maggies_4_eva »

Ruling out musical instruments, all we have left is our VOICES!!!!!!
JLC

Post by JLC »

The only game over i wanna see is Bucks holding the Premiership Cup.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
CAAS

Post by CAAS »

I was on the bus but i still do not recall the banner.

Anyway, as I stated to Magpies4eva in a PM, bells, horns, whitles are illegal at the G. All i am trying to do is save you the embarrassment of having security come down. Remember, it doest take much for the Pies CS to be in the paper as opposition supporters love getting stuck into us.

Why not just start chanting "game over" then follow it up with the theme song?
We are the premiers
The mighty premiers
the world has ever had.
JLC

Post by JLC »

I agree the most embarrassing time was against Richmond a couple years ago with that big article with Richo pointing at the scoreboard at the Ponny end.
pies4ever

Post by pies4ever »

hey joffa i like canberras idea about the fat lady sings idea,just like what rex hunt did in the radio box at 1 of the magpies games i think.

cheers bryan..!!
JLC

Post by JLC »

The cheersquad should get back to good old fashioned chanting imo.

I like the long slow Collingwood and that would be the best game over anyone could do as when everyone in the ground does it like against Port it is unreal and there is no comeback to that.

We are there to support the players and that is the best support we can give them.

jlc
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

I also think the game is so quick nowadays that spelling out the C-O-L-L etc takes up too much time and the effect of the Collingwood clap clap clap dies too quickly.

By the time the clap clap starts there is already the ball up and people want to get back to watching. This is especially when trying to get the bays around to join in.

Just my 2c.

Jen
HANDS OFF OUR JUMPER

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
A^D^S^O

Post by A^D^S^O »

Enough is enough, obviously there is a problem, you have read all the posts and it seems to me your avoiding the main issue. Members want something done now, they are not happy.

Cameron should stop avoiding his members like he does, and he should come out and listen to what they have to say and deal with it in the way that will make members happy. Don't forget they are full paying members.

Joffa stop kidding yourself on how good the cs really is because if it was really that good threads like this wouldn't be happening.

"Cameron get out there and face the 300 members NOW"