#13 Dale Thomas

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Zakal

Post by Zakal »

Agreed about Tarks....should give him some credit for a fantastic game. Kicked an incredible around the body sideways pass to Licca or Cheesy on the run down the spine of the ground, when under pressure on the wing himself.

I think saying Taz was a bit disinterested is a little bit harsh...certainly not on his game, but i saw him lay some good takcles including that brilliant one late int eh game, but often was putting in the 2nd and 3rd efforts.

And as Culprit (i think) said, id love to see Daisy start on the ground next week. He came thru when it counted, lets back up that confidence and see what he can do now.
Magpiefan3

Post by Magpiefan3 »

thomas the tan is going to be a good player with years to come
2016 Player Sponsor for Travis Varcoe

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
carcarly_pieland

Post by carcarly_pieland »

I tot Daisy did well for a 1st gamer, he certainly has footy smarts and knows where to find the ball. I'm certainly excited by this kid and can't wait to see more of him!

It was interesting how Daisy was brought back to the ground when Holland pull out, Daisy looked SOO lost (he didnt' know who was his direct opponet)....I was sitting right behind the bench and he kept turning his head back to the runners while running towards the centre square, his clueless look was soo cute....priceless!
Magpiefan3

Post by Magpiefan3 »

Oh i made an error tan meant to be tank
2016 Player Sponsor for Travis Varcoe

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
vinnie_vegas69

Post by vinnie_vegas69 »

Magpiefan3 wrote:Oh i made an error tan meant to be tank
That's what the "edit" button is for ;)
ad4eva

Post by ad4eva »

jackcass wrote:With the numbers that Thomas (13) and Davies (19) have got and at the dome with the roof open, they can be very hard to pick from the other side of the ground.
Yeah even watching on TV they were hard to split...
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

What do think of the nickname 'Jihad' Thomas.
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

a bit of trivia, just watched the afl draft camp on fox footy, they are all assign numbers and wear them on their singlets, Dale had the number 42.
a very good omen in my book :)

Go The PIES!!
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!
die4pies

Post by die4pies »

MagpieMad wrote:a bit of trivia, just watched the afl draft camp on fox footy, they are all assign numbers and wear them on their singlets, Dale had the number 42.
a very good omen in my book :)

Go The PIES!!
Thanks Steve,

Just adds to the great story that is already Dale "Daisy" Thomas.
He will have his knockers ad his doubters but the kid believes in himself and his own ability and this coupled with extroardinary talent will take him places.

42. hmmmm Would like to see some Daisy on the wing for a couple of quarters next week and get Dids in the middle. :D
"MAKE COLLINGWOOD GRATE AGAIN"
MK

Post by MK »

Thomas: promising. Into an open goal-you've gotta nail em'!! Don't follow in Rowes footsteps. Always misses by that much.....O'Bree...at the ball all day..not a bad effort...but the hang time with his kicks...for christ's sake Collingwood...may be too late...get someone to tutor him in basic kicking 24/7...and who knows.....
ad4eva

Post by ad4eva »

imagine if he had a nathan buckley kick on the end of him...
AFL_Record

Post by AFL_Record »

Solid debut. Nothing spetacular, But he showed enough in his first game for the Black & White.
Zakal

Post by Zakal »

I wouldnt let his one shot at goal on the weekend blow out of proportion into "he has kicking issues."

From all reports he is a great user of the footy, so lets wait till we have a bit more time in the one's to go on before we jump to conclusions.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Well said, Zakal. Plenty of players have a touch of the fumbles in their first couple of matches. Lots of time to iron out the creases.
Mickey's no Mouse

Post by Mickey's no Mouse »