And the 2008 Nick's BB Gavin Brown Medal goes to...

Voting for the Gavin Brown Medal here

Moderators: David, bbmods

Kate1985

Post by Kate1985 »

kambarker wrote:
Northern Pie wrote:lets take this further, I will chip in $10 to get a medal struck for the winner and the have it sent to the club....it may get thrown in the bin but hell it might actually become pride of place in someones top drawer at home...what do ya reckon?

Cheers
Happy to add to the coffers if this is the way to go!!
I'd happily offer $10-$20 for the medal.

And congrats to Swanny, it's well deserved!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Well, we've got money out of the way, so is anyone able to do this? I think it would be a fantastic intitiative, I'm just unsure of how we'd go about it. Could someone contact the club and arrange a meeting with Swanny? I suppose I thought of Joffa (if he has the time) because he's already well-known to the club and even works for them in some capacity as far as I'm aware.

Anyone have any ideas how we'd do this?
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

why would we need to meet swanny? We could send him the honour....I would be more than happy to help organise this,l the only thing is that we would have to seek permission from Gavin Brown to use his name....is there anybody who can contact him in regards to this...oh and while we are at it, time to call upon the design team to come up with how it should look? fire away!

Cheers
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Pied Piper wrote:No disrespect Luke, and I didn't have a problem with the old system myself, but a number of people have said they wished for a different approach. That doesn't mean the present system hasn't worked; just that some are dissatisfied with it. There is no harm in holding a poll to determine what model Nick's netizens want to go with and the current system should and will be one of the options.
Granted, however the system has been used for three years, and results may end up inconsistent in the future (inconsistent with what we've already achieved).

As for the Gavin Brown Medal, it is always possible to simply drop it back to the NicksBB Medal.