decent new TV series

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

HAL wrote:What are your goals in life?
To get Perfect Match back on TV so you have less time on your hands.
Buon Giorno
tcnthat

Post by tcnthat »

Mad men is pretty good.

US version of Wilfred is great, genuine LOLs.
Black. White. Forever.
Black_White

Post by Black_White »

Wilfred, Oz and US versions have been great.
Good to see a second series has the go ahead for the US version.
bwphantom

Post by bwphantom »

Breaking Bad

Boardwalk Empire

Sons of Anarchy

The Walking Dead

I wish commercial Television would lose its love affair with all these XFactors and other Shit like that.

But oh How the mindless morons love this drivel.
All this may be summed up in one word - CHARACTER - and if that is not worth developing, nothing is.

Jock McHale
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

A show once a week for half an hour called "Bored to Death". With Jason Shwartzman, Ted Danson & Zac Galfianakis. Very funny. Two episodes so far. Inspired by detective stories. On the ABC on weekends.

First show had Jim Jarmush in it.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Oops. Too much data.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

watt price tully wrote:A show once a week for half an hour called "Bored to Death". With Jason Shwartzman, Ted Danson & Zac Galfianakis. Very funny. Two episodes so far. Inspired by detective stories. On the ABC on weekends.

First show had Jim Jarmush in it.

Great call WPT. I have seen the first 2 series, cracking show. Danson is superb in it.

Some other goodies we have picked up at the good old illegal dvd stores

Raising Hope - good comedy
Modern Family - great show, especially for fans of Al Bundy. Big gay character named Cam is possibly the funniest seen for a long time apart from Dan Stark off The Good Guys.
Buon Giorno
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

I've been watching Daria lately. Did anyone else used to watch it? Probably one of the best animated shows I've seen.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

David wrote:I've been watching Daria lately. Did anyone else used to watch it? Probably one of the best animated shows I've seen.
Used to watch it with my daughters, I liked it quite a bit.

The old Rocky & Bullwinkle was hilarious years ago (Cold war stuff, hysterical)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md-q5GRo ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQhggbxh ... re=related

Always liked foghorn & leghorn growing up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LCsiWL6 ... re=related
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
KenH

Post by KenH »

Shows that I like are. Crownies and The United States of Tara.
Cheers big ears
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency on ABC1.

Not too much of a strain on the brain, enjoyable to watch with some quirky characters and the occasional laugh and tears.

Final episode last night, so will have to find somthing else to look forward to on a Sunay night.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

I've just discovered East West 101 on Australia Network. It's a few years old I understand, but it's quality.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm

Post by 5150 »

New "Big Bang" made me laugh until I had a yellow polka dot in the front my white undies...
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

David wrote:I've been watching Daria lately. Did anyone else used to watch it? Probably one of the best animated shows I've seen.
Yeah me and my sister were big fans back when it was showing on the ABC. Still got some old tapes of the show..

Geez that Daria chick likes to whinge :x
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

I'm not sure that this is a particularly new series, but on BBC Knowledge, they have doco's each week done by Louis Theroux. Happened upon one accidentally a couple months ago and have been fascinated ever since.

He gets into places and asks questions you just don't see/hear on 60 minutes. Last weeks was 'a place for paedophiles' about this big jail, that's not a jail, that sex offenders and paedophiles go to once released from prison. Supposedly for therapy until release, but the ones that are ever released are few & far between. He's been in "mega jails", to Zimbabwe looking at the crime & corruption. Last nights was about the Nazis in America. Man, those skinheads are unreal! And they teach their kids it!!

The people he interviews are very open and honest (well, I believe them) and I personally find them engrossing. Even if sometimes the topics aren't that 'popular'.

If you have Foxtel, I'd say it's definitely worth a look. And I'm not normally a documentary/current affairs fan. I also think Louis is starting to grow on me :oops: