Welcome to Collingwood Patrick Karnezis!

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Rick

Post by Rick »

Ok Patrick, you got your wish, to play for the club you supported. Now prove yourself to all the doubters and turn around the perception of being a lazy and selfish footballer. The club has put a lot of faith in you to become an elite midfielder, so hopefully you shadow Pendles this season and launch into season 2014 straight away.
ip address

karnezis

Post by ip address »

I agree 110% with what Rick has said, a huge opportunity presents itself.

I also agree his interview doesn't sound convincing as mentioned by Albert Parker.

Who cares about growing his hair!!

However, his potential and I believe that's why he has been recruited is far greater than what Paine would have provided.

Welcome to Collingwood, Patrick.
Waiting for Premiership 15 ... amended now to 16
Steve86

Re: karnezis

Post by Steve86 »

ip address wrote:I agree 110% with what Rick has said, a huge opportunity presents itself.

I also agree his interview doesn't sound convincing as mentioned by Albert Parker.

However, his potential and I believe that's why he has been recruited is far greater than what Paine would have provided.

In his defence the muppet interviewing him asked about his hair he didn't just come out with that so give the guy a break. His build is ideal for a wingman half back flanker, he has the athleticism so now he just needs to put some hard yards in and could be a very good player. Is a huge upgrade on Paine so think we should just see how he pans out and reserve judgement.
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

I like him a lot.
Good height, speed and skills. The work rate will need to improve but surrounded by Swan and Pendlebury and under the direction of Buckley, Harvey and Burns it will bloody well be demanded and expected of him.

I also love getting someone who's always supported the club on board as well. Think Gavin Brown and Ben Johnson and you see the bit extra those sort will give. I f Patrick can be even half as passionate and devoted to the cause as those two then we are already well in front.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

I was kind of hoping we'd persevere with Paine but Karnezis seems a bit more versatile. Certainly didn't get much from a few youtube highlights, happy to wait and see a full game in the flesh.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Pies4shaw wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:It would be nice to see a trade with Brisbane work out for us.
Buckley (N)?
No actual trade there, but I now formally apologise to Cheesey O'Bree.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: karnezis

Post by Raw Hammer »

Steve86 wrote:
ip address wrote:I agree 110% with what Rick has said, a huge opportunity presents itself.

In his defence the muppet interviewing him asked about his hair he didn't just come out with that so give the guy a break. His build is ideal for a wingman half back flanker, he has the athleticism so now he just needs to put some hard yards in and could be a very good player. Is a huge upgrade on Paine so think we should just see how he pans out and reserve judgement.
Agree. Geez there are some harsh judges on here. I thought he spoke extremely well for a young man just traded to the biggest club in the land.
Est. 2002
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

I saw him a lot at TAC level, I rated him back then and still do. I also rate him coming to Collingwood and joining his old Mentor Steve Grace as the X factor in how he will perform. Grace I rate ahead of Richo in developing players.
BBHS
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by BBHS »

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-28/p ... zis-future

Interesting article. Reference to our skipper interesting....
Az

Post by Az »

BBHS wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-28/pies-bullish-on-karnezis-future

I noticed it too but the amount of times journos have referenced Pendles as our captain in waiting over the past couple of years, it's safe to assume he doesn't know anything we don't. The model is the same as every year regardless of leading teams, the players vote for the captain. That's not to say Bucks isn't quietly crossing his fingers for the inevitable change in leadership.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Az wrote:
BBHS wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-28/pies-bullish-on-karnezis-future

I noticed it too but the amount of times journos have referenced Pendles as our captain in waiting over the past couple of years, it's safe to assume he doesn't know anything we don't. The model is the same as every year regardless of leading teams, the players vote for the captain. That's not to say Bucks isn't quietly crossing his fingers for the inevitable change in leadership.
As much as I am keen for Pendles to be made captain, that is very disrespectful to Maxy. Either that or incredibly sloppy journalism....or both.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

RudeBoy wrote:
Az wrote:

As much as I am keen for Pendles to be made captain, that is very disrespectful to Maxy. Either that or incredibly sloppy journalism....or both.
Agree RB. Actually I wouldn't mind giving Maxy one more season ahead of making Pendles captain. It's all up to the players in the end.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Az wrote:

Well Bucks does not have to do that. He can Name Pendles as Captain
I am Da Man
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

I would say incredibly sloppy journalism, since it's pretty much a given that Maxy will hand over the reigns.
If Maxwell could still play at best 22 standard, I'd be all for keeping him as captain. Will not be surprised if he is dropped based on form in 2014 though.
Az

Post by Az »

I would imagine certain criteria would have to be met in the process of voting for the captain. Obviously being in the leadership group is one of them, but they would have to be a lock in our best 22 from now on you would think. Can't have a captain who is floating in and out of the team for obvious reasons and no doubt the players will be made aware of that.

Dave, yes Bucks could appoint the captain himself but with his whole cultural change going on and giving players more involvement and ownership of the team, it's hard to see him taking away the player's chance to vote who they feel best leads them.