Welcome to Collingwood Travis Varcoe (Official)

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

mudlark

Post by mudlark »

I recall Varcoe kicked the first goal of the 2011 granny in 11 seconds,kicked the second at the 4 minute mark of the first qtr and ended up with 3 for the match. I'll take that in a grand final from anyone.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

September Zeros wrote:Would you play them both in our best 22?
In the same jumper? Why not? Their stats are pretty good. OK, not up to a Swan, a Pendlebury, or a Beams, but clearly they are a better than good ordinary player.

2014 averages:
Kicks: 13.2
Handballs: 17.6
Marks: 5.9
Disposals 30.8
Goals: 1.0
Behinds: 0.8
Tackles: 9.1

In fact, on those stats, I reckon they'd be amongst the first 10 or 12 selected.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

Tannin wrote:
September Zeros wrote:Would you play them both in our best 22?
In the same jumper? Why not? Their stats are pretty good. OK, not up to a Swan, a Pendlebury, or a Beams, but clearly they are a better than good ordinary player.

2014 averages:
Kicks: 13.2
Handballs: 17.6
Marks: 5.9
Disposals 30.8
Goals: 1.0
Behinds: 0.8
Tackles: 9.1

In fact, on those stats, I reckon they'd be amongst the first 10 or 12 selected.
Where are those stats from tannin? I thought they were a little worse than that? (See earlier post)
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Post by Tannin »

^ Stats are from from your post, Zeros, and from Raw Hammer's. Stats aren't everything, granted, but on that evidence you'd have to reckon that they are pretty close to being an A Grade player.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
OEP

Post by OEP »

Tannin wrote:^ Stats are from from your post, Zeros, and from Raw Hammer's. Stats aren't everything, granted, but on that evidence you'd have to reckon that they are pretty close to being an A Grade player.
Looks like Tannin added Varcoe's and Blair's 2014 stats together :lol:
A Collingwood supporter since the egg was inseminated.
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

another buckley brainwave!
jatsad
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jatsad »

Deal should be - Harry to Melbourne > Clark to Geelong > Varcoe to North > Greenwood to Collingwood. Everyone wins and we don't get Varcoe. Simple. Hope the list management team is reading this
Jatsad - That is all
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

OEP wrote:
Tannin wrote:^ Stats are from from your post, Zeros, and from Raw Hammer's. Stats aren't everything, granted, but on that evidence you'd have to reckon that they are pretty close to being an A Grade player.
Looks like Tannin added Varcoe's and Blair's 2014 stats together :lol:
Thank you.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Post by Bob Sugar »

mudlark wrote:I recall Varcoe kicked the first goal of the 2011 granny in 11 seconds,kicked the second at the 4 minute mark of the first qtr and ended up with 3 for the match. I'll take that in a grand final from anyone.
I recall we all agreed to never mention the 2011 granny again, true supporters like me can't remember a thing, it's all a blur.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
E

Post by E »

Defender wrote:
mudlark wrote:I recall Varcoe kicked the first goal of the 2011 granny in 11 seconds,kicked the second at the 4 minute mark of the first qtr and ended up with 3 for the match. I'll take that in a grand final from anyone.
I recall we all agreed to never mention the 2011 granny again, true supporters like me can't remember a thing, it's all a blur.
that is so true! I still have not ever watched the last 5 minutes of that game or the presentation. too hard to watch!
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

E wrote:
Defender wrote:
that is so true! I still have not ever watched the last 5 minutes of that game or the presentation. too hard to watch!
Ditto, was already at the car!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
burton

Post by burton »

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:Would much prefer a hard nut like Greenwood to Varcoe. Bad move Collingwood.
Would be career suicide for Levi to come to us. Potential top four to potential bottom four.
Breadcrawl

Post by Breadcrawl »

burton wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:Would much prefer a hard nut like Greenwood to Varcoe. Bad move Collingwood.
Would be career suicide for Levi to come to us. Potential top four to potential bottom four.
* off troll
they can smell what we're cookin'
Breadcrawl

Post by Breadcrawl »

We'll still get Greenwood.

The main reason Varcoe concerns me is Geelong wants to get rid of him. And not for the first time.

We are on our way to being a very bloody quick side though. There will be some softness out there, but we are going to have pace all over the ground.
they can smell what we're cookin'
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Breadcrawl wrote:We'll still get Greenwood.

The main reason Varcoe concerns me is Geelong wants to get rid of him. And not for the first time.

We are on our way to being a very bloody quick side though. There will be some softness out there, but we are going to have pace all over the ground.
Yes, we'll be able to chase our opponents even faster :wink:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman