What made you sad today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Compare that to a bad innings and unless he or she miss his or her guess he had a good home and a good life.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Condolences, Stui. Always hard to lose a pet, though yours seems to have had a pretty decent run.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Condolences Stui. Very sad.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Brrrrrrrrr
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

This was very sad:
BBC wrote:The cartoonist Georges Wolinski was one of 12 victims of the Charlie Hebdo massacre in January. His wife of 45 years, Maryse, has spoken to the BBC about their relationship - and how the little notelets he left about the house are helping her get through the ordeal of her loss. This is an edited translation of her words.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31768869
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

I received a call on Saturday morning from an old Collingwood friend Graeme. He informed that his wife of 39 years, Sadie had passed away a few hours earlier. My family collectively met Graeme and Sadie when we first become Captains Members over 16 years ago when we initially took up seats in N10 in the Southern Stand. We went to many finals together. They were a wonderful and friendly couple.

I always took the time to visit them a few times a year on game day as they eventually moved to the two seat rows located at the end of the Ponsford adjacent to the Southern Stand on level one.

Sadie had been a member of the Black & White army from her early childhood and they had both been Collingwood social club members for many years.

We have lost a good and faithful member of the Black & White army and a dear friend. May Sadie RIP. Condolences to Graeme and his family.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Was the trip worth it?
think positive

Post by think positive »

Member 7167 wrote:I received a call on Saturday morning from an old Collingwood friend Graeme. He informed that his wife of 39 years, Sadie had passed away a few hours earlier. My family collectively met Graeme and Sadie when we first become Captains Members over 16 years ago when we initially took up seats in N10 in the Southern Stand. We went to many finals together. They were a wonderful and friendly couple.

I always took the time to visit them a few times a year on game day as they eventually moved to the two seat rows located at the end of the Ponsford adjacent to the Southern Stand on level one.

Sadie had been a member of the Black & White army from her early childhood and they had both been Collingwood social club members for many years.

We have lost a good and faithful member of the Black & White army and a dear friend. May Sadie RIP. Condolences to Graeme and his family.
Sorry for your loss mate. Our loss, may she RIP XXX
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Member 7167 wrote:I received a call on Saturday morning from an old Collingwood friend Graeme. He informed that his wife of 39 years, Sadie had passed away a few hours earlier. My family collectively met Graeme and Sadie when we first become Captains Members over 16 years ago when we initially took up seats in N10 in the Southern Stand. We went to many finals together. They were a wonderful and friendly couple.

Sad reading this Member! Condolences to the family of your friend.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Pet bunny Joey died suddenly. He was about 6 years old. My daughter is really upset and to be honest so am I. Never thought I'd be bothered by a rabbit dying but he really was part of the family.

RIP Joey. :(
watt price tully

Sad to hear Member. Condolences to the family & friends.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Wokko wrote:Pet bunny Joey died suddenly. He was about 6 years old. My daughter is really upset and to be honest so am I. Never thought I'd be bothered by a rabbit dying but he really was part of the family.

RIP Joey. :(
The worst part of having pets. Hard for kids & family too.

My oldest daughter when she was of a similar age thought it would be a good idea to put a lead on the rabbit & go for a walk down the street. That was the last we saw of the said bunny. My front yard is a veritable pet cemetery: Cats, dog, guinea pigs, chickens....
think positive

Post by think positive »

It's always hard to lose your furbubs. I know I'm looking down that barrel, Max is getting slower, sometimes his heart mess don't seem as effective, thankfully he doesn't seem in any pain. Watching him trying to scoot around after his 6 year old daughter is very funny, but a painful reminder of what's to come.

Condolences on the loss of your bunny. It's good that your sad. Shows how much he meant to you, bet he was spoiled rotten. That's what they all deserve. 6 years of good times, is so worth the heartache, and the lessons kids learn through having pets, about responsibility, unconditional love, and yes ,loss, is just priceless.

Cheers mate, RIP Joey.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Rabbits: Very underrated as a domestic pet, despite being a pest in the wild. That said, friendly poo-poo doesn't always mean friendly wee-wee!

I had all sorts as a kid, much like WPT. At a guess it matures you in a good way in the death department over time, though I haven't looked into that scientifically.

I've had some beauty pets over the years (an eclectus parrot, bird-eating spider, giant brown-and-white rat, and a ripping blue-tongued lizard come to mind); just waiting for my next flat contract to get bearded or water dragons again. The house needs an Aussie desert display, methinks, so beardeds are on the cards :D
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Sorry to hear that, Wokko.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange