Another young woman assaulted and killed.

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Apparently the kid has now been charged with one count of murder, no mention of charges for rape or sexual assault.

Edit, charged with Murder and rape.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-o ... 835ffb4466

Details of the rape charge not being released.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Jezza wrote:A shitload of people are born into disadvantage.

Most of those people don't commit heinous crimes either.
I suspect there is a lot more to it than that: & I'm sure you know there is too.

A visceral reposnse is a good reason we have judges to well judge a charge of rape and murder on it's merits. This will hopefull take into account not the just the heinous crime but also examine in detail the alleged perpertators background.

This does not mean or imply in any way that:

* Anyone is being "soft on crime" (cue liberal -party politicans)
* That the alleged perpetrator if found guilty should somehow serve a lesser sentence than not

What it does mean hopefully is that we can:

* examine the facts of the matter in detail
* that sentencing might also reflect not only the need to punish and appeal to our sense of justice (some might also include notions of sadism) but ensure that the punshment is well targeted: eg, say drug rehab if that was an issue, mental health assitance (was the alleged perpetrator psychotic)? dealing with past abuse issues (foster care and abuse are often synoymous )

* Once we have established the facts then hang the bastard .... oops...damn it

I see you were quick to place him at the counter neo-nazi demonstrations at StKIlda (just a simple juxtapostion was it?)

You should also check the right wing male trolls with respect to their contributions to the woman / women organizing of the public mourning on route 86 fir the morder of the young Israeli woman. The bloke who did the graffiti for the murder rape of the young comedian at Princes Park trolled the organizer saying "How do you know it wasn't a woman" before details were known. He and his right wing trolling mates were at it again. Hopefully he will be charged again by the police (& I'm not on facebook or twitter)
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

It's another tragic death and I read one article that he was a "wannabe" rapper and another "inspiring" rapper. I don't know what the relevance is to the crime he is alleged to have committed.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

I've heard the description of the young woman go from Israeli to Arab Israeli to Palestinian Israeli.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

And then this happens....

i dont see why the monitoring isnt for life, crazy, hes had enough chances,

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-16/ ... d/10716960
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Yeah, Bailey was a recidivist sex offender, with neither capacity for redemption or remorse.

This kid however, is just a mixed up kid for whom there was still hope for. Its so easy to go off the rails in late teens early 20's but if you can get them back on track they can go on to have good lives. Unfortunately, one brain fart moment can screw things up for ever.

So if he is guilty, not only is an innocent girl dead and her family and friends forever impacted, his life will never be the same again. Whatever potential there was for him has been killed along with her.
Raping and killing a woman is not a brain fart, nor is it just going off the rails. They caught him pretty quickly, was he known to police?

i remember how much sympathy there was here for these women, "'My tweet was for the memory of Jill Meagher and Eurydice Dixon," Hinch wrote."" Aiia Maasarwe is just as dead as they are, and her death was just as horrific. hopefully the court dont see him as just a mixed up kid, and sentence him like the adult he is so that there isnt a next woman who needs our sympathy.
May they all rest in Peace.
David

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

Hopefully your right, more than happy to be wrong...
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:Yeah, Bailey was a recidivist sex offender, with neither capacity for redemption or remorse.

This kid however, is just a mixed up kid for whom there was still hope for. Its so easy to go off the rails in late teens early 20's but if you can get them back on track they can go on to have good lives. Unfortunately, one brain fart moment can screw things up for ever.

So if he is guilty, not only is an innocent girl dead and her family and friends forever impacted, his life will never be the same again. Whatever potential there was for him has been killed along with her.
Raping and killing a woman is not a brain fart, nor is it just going off the rails. They caught him pretty quickly, was he known to police?

i remember how much sympathy there was here for these women, "'My tweet was for the memory of Jill Meagher and Eurydice Dixon," Hinch wrote."" Aiia Maasarwe is just as dead as they are, and her death was just as horrific. hopefully the court dont see him as just a mixed up kid, and sentence him like the adult he is so that there isnt a next woman who needs our sympathy.
May they all rest in Peace.
He's never been in custody before, but was known to Police for low level property damage stuff.

Apparently a cop remembered him and the cap as they'd stopped him and spoken to him around the day of the assault.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 50sho.html

He is an adult and if found guilty of a horrible crime deserves appropriate sentancing and the young girl killed deserves at least as much sympathy as the other 2 women.

I don't see him offending again, regardless of length of sentance as I think he's more likely to die in Gaol, probably by his own hand, than get released.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

watt price tully wrote:I've heard the description of the young woman go from Israeli to Arab Israeli to Palestinian Israeli.
So modern journo's aren't that bright. All descriptions are correct, she's a Palestinian Arab Muslim who's a citizen of Israel.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

This has all gone pretty quiet since the vile piece of shit was named as Aboriginal. Suddenly it's all 'troubled kid' and other bullshit. There was wall to wall anti (white) male coverage for weeks after Jill Meagher's murder but this one is going straight down the memory hole.
David

Post by David »

stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I think what really stirred up the feminazis after Eurydice was the suggestion that walking home from the city wasn't the ideal plan and maybe she should have got a tram.

That led to the backlash and the "men need to stop raping" which then got a backlash from men.

Maybe people have learned from that, maybe because this girl did just about everything right within her power and still got attacked, maybe because the alleged perp is a 20 yr old disadvantaged Aboriginal kid instead of a thug like Bailey, all of the above or something else, dunno. But, the social media and progressive media have been noticeably quieter this time, particularly since the perp was identified and charged. Clementine Ford would have been churning out an article a day plus multiple tweets if the perp was another Bailey.