What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

I'll just do what I'm told. Small private hospital, they take details and do temperature checks just to get in and that was before shit went sideways again.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

^ am sure they will let you know but FWIW our instructions based on DHHS Guidelines is testing 3 -5 days pre admission date.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Again, brilliant. I need to call them tomorrow to make sure the mesh they stick in during hernia repair isn't going to literally rip me a new one if I go into an MRI.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

^ surgical mesh is not a contraindication for MRI so you should be all good. Curious and feel free not to answer - did you investigate non- mesh surgery?
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

My GP referred me to a bloke, she recommended him and said he wasn't a bloke who went the knife as first option. I trusted her and my opinion of him after meeting was that the guy knows his stuff. So I just go with what they tell me.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

So yep, need to do a Covid test before surgery. Makes life interesting as I have to do the test 3 days prior to surgery (which would be Friday) and then self isolate until admission. Problem with that is, I intended to grocery and booze shop on the weekend and stock up for 2 weeks. Got some logistical planning to do.

Add to that, cervical CT scan tomorrow to try and figure out why my right shoulder and arm are buggered.

Anyone got a warranty card for a replacement body I can buy or borrow?
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Moron drivers, usually tradies in utes or those real dickheads with a ladder on the roof of the family car.

I always park away from people in a car park and yet 99/100 times I’ll come back to find someone parked right beside me. Tonight, there were 6 empty spots beside me and still some dickhead in a Ute parks right beside my drivers side door, damn seriously?
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

You're clearly a farkwit magnet. :wink: :lol:
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Got the results of the cervical CT scan.

Basically, some arthritis in the base of the neck and some potential narrowing of nerve canals. So the pain is nerve related, but no disc or anything that can be fixed and not suitable for a cortisone shot.

So getting a script for Panadene Forte and pretty much suck it up for now. :x
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

eddiesmith wrote:Moron drivers, usually tradies in utes or those real dickheads with a ladder on the roof of the family car.

I always park away from people in a car park and yet 99/100 times I’ll come back to find someone parked right beside me. Tonight, there were 6 empty spots beside me and still some dickhead in a Ute parks right beside my drivers side door, $$%^%%$ seriously?
this is me!! i park in the furthest spot there is, close to the gutter, and when i come back, there they are, on the line next to me, 55 clear spots around us! apparently its because they know i wont smack their doors!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Got the results of the cervical CT scan.

Basically, some arthritis in the base of the neck and some potential narrowing of nerve canals. So the pain is nerve related, but no disc or anything that can be fixed and not suitable for a cortisone shot.

So getting a script for Panadene Forte and pretty much suck it up for now. :x
ask for something stronger and float through the rest of this horrid year!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

Your best bet might be the red medicine, Stui.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I'm using the red medicine as we speak. Bought 30 bottles Thursday, that should last a week or so.

Now i know where and what the problem is i can experiment with variations of what the physio had me trying and work out what works, I'll save the tablets for whe i need them
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

Idiots who tailgate me in 40 kph school zones. WTF? :x
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:......

Add to that, cervical CT scan tomorrow..,,
A CT of ur cervix :shock: is there something ur not sharing? Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman