Round 2 - Pies v Bombers

The home of conversation about our Reserves team - the second best men's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

You're welcome, Jezza. Poulter really does look like he'll be a very fine player.

I don't really get why people would be disappointed. The VFL team is mostly VFL-listed players. If you put 4 players in the seniors and the seniors they replace can't play VFL because of injuries or COVID, the net result is that you play 4 more VFL-listed players. Some of them are just making up the numbers. There really weren't many senior-listed players going around the park today. Cox, Lynch, Henry, Wilson, Tohill, Poulter, McInnes, Ginnivan, Chugg and McMahon was, I think, the lot.
Dr Pie

Post by Dr Pie »

I watched the game on Kayo. I agree with a lot of the comments above but I think more needs to be said about Youseph Dib who I thought was really promising. If he continues to develop from his current promise he may become the small forward that we need after trading Stephenson. I know that he is part of our academy but (1) will we have enough points to draft him after drafting Nick Daicos? and (2) will we be allowed to draft him under the new rules covering club academies?

Other than that, Poulter was clearly the best of the class of 2020 in today's game. McInnes, Henry and McMahon all showed glimpses of talent, as did Chugg but all need more time to develop.
Born and raised in Black and White
Rick

Post by Rick »

Pies4shaw wrote:You're welcome, Jezza. Poulter really does look like he'll be a very fine player.

I don't really get why people would be disappointed. The VFL team is mostly VFL-listed players. If you put 4 players in the seniors and the seniors they replace can't play VFL because of injuries or COVID, the net result is that you play 4 more VFL-listed players. Some of them are just making up the numbers. There really weren't many senior-listed players going around the park today. Cox, Lynch, Henry, Wilson, Tohill, Poulter, McInnes, Ginnivan, Chugg and McMahon was, I think, the lot.
Really hard to gauge where our VFL side is at. The AFL listed guys who will play regularly are all inexperienced/lack leadership and the VFL listed guys are all inexperienced at VFL level of very similar physiques.

I’ve been disappointed for many years that they haven’t recruited experienced senior VFL players or recently delisted AFL players to assist with development and to stay competitive.