Post Match. Pies dumped by Eagles. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:Worst 32 possession game ever! Crisp butchered it in the main tonight...speaking of Mayne, what exactly do we get out of him that Murphy could not provide?
Yep I thought Crisp was awful.

Made some costly errors tonight.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
selkevh

Post by selkevh »

Did he just say De Goey will miss next week?
A strong man stands up for himself ... a stronger man stands up for others.
Cruisinwithdids

Post by Cruisinwithdids »

Yes because he has concussion - 12 day protocol
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

I thought Sidey started a mini-revival in the last quarter. What had he been doing for the previous two I wonder? Is he getting too old for a four quarter effort?
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

So three weeks ago we had a relatively healthy list....

Cue

GO

Elliott long term
Adams long term
Howe long term
JDG??

Why does this happen most years?
Last edited by slangman on Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Side By Side -
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

PyreneesPie wrote:I thought Sidey started a mini-revival in the last quarter. What had he been doing for the previous two I wonder? Is he getting too old for a four quarter effort?
I think alternating Sidebottom between the midfield and forward line might be the way to go.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Good thinking. So he is getting past being able to sustain his output in the middle across four quarters?
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

[quote="slangman"]So three weeks ago we had a relatively healthy list....

Cue

Elliott long term
Adams long term
Howe long term
JDG??

It is not just bad luck. Why does it hardly happen to Richmond? Because they play as a team wave. The whole team is in total synergy. I watched their game against St Kilda in bewilderment. St Kilda was terrible, but in large part because of Richmond's team inner co-ordination and dynamism. Because they apply pressure at every contest, not just one individual, but several, each individual is protected by the group. How they get to the contest as a swarm is the key. Well, one aspect is just leg speed. And that is where we are, sadly, bereft.
The main thing is midfield capacity. They just have so much talent and power to run through there.
Injuries to Tay and JDG simultaneously now are quite devastating.
I am worried about the next few games.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Magpietothemax wrote:...
It is not just bad luck. Why does it hardly happen to Richmond? Because they play as a team wave. The whole team is in total synergy. I watched their game against St Kilda in bewilderment. St Kilda was terrible, but in large part because of Richmond's team inner co-ordination and dynamism. Because they apply pressure at every contest, not just one individual, but several, each individual is protected by the group. How they get to the contest as a swarm is the key. Well, one aspect is just leg speed. And that is where we are, sadly, bereft.
The main thing is midfield capacity. ...
I believe it's the fitness and no injuries that let Richmond swarm and pressure, not the other way round. (It's not the swarm and pressure that make them injury-free.)
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

K wrote:
I believe it's the fitness and no injuries that let Richmond swarm and pressure, not the other way round. (It's not the swarm and pressure that make them injury-free.)
100% agree.

Imagine Martin getting a broken nose and concussion within the first 10 minutes of last years GF??

There is zero chance that the Tigers would have won.
- Side By Side -
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

masoncox wrote:Gee Bux
The zone defence worked really well.
Sliced and diced all night long and beliefs in the "messiah" is not going to cut it Piss off Bux.
You are not part of the future.
Gee and Cameron was a real upgrade on Cox....NOT!!!!!
Midfield thrashed again.
Grundy pretty poor in the second half.
Slow slow slow........ ball movement again and again and again!!!!!!!
FFS Bux fu...k off
Wish you would piss off and I’m a spare moment go fu.k yourself
Last edited by dalyc on Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

K wrote:
Could it be both? A reciprocal relationship perhaps?
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

K wrote:
But you need to explain why they have no injuries!!
Sounds like a vicious circle!!
No doubt, their injury management is a cut above most others (and especially ours!!)
But I also think that the way they play mutually shield each other, It is all probabilities, but I think they minimise the probability of injury by team coordination.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

PyreneesPie wrote:
K wrote:
Could it be both? A reciprocal relationship perhaps?
Nailed it. Dialetical thinking PP!!
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins