Welcome to Collingwood Justin Leppitsch & Brendon Bolton

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Pies2016 »

RudeBoy wrote:Seems like we have/are assembled/assembling a great team of assistant coaches to work alongside Craig McRae.

I am, however, slightly puzzled at the need for a Director of coaching position. After all, we already have a head coach in McRae as well as a head of football department in Wright. I'm not criticising Bolton's appointment, but just hope we don't end up with too many chiefs and not enough Indians!
The main difference between both roles is that McRae would focus on game day strategies, preparation and oppo analysis. He would spend more time involved in the “ for the now “ stuff.
A director of coaching spends more time planning on the development of individuals and maps out customised programs in conjunction with support staff. I would see Bolton working more closely with the coaching assistants than the senior coach. Bolton and co ( including high performance, player welfare and medical staff ) would prepare the individuals development programs. Once these programs have been rolled out, they are then reviewed regularly for progress, achieving KPIs and updating.

Simplistically, McRae is in charge of winning and Bolton is in charge of developing the cattle to win with.
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

inxs88 wrote:Bolton. Oh dear.

Give him a break, he was on a hidiing to nothing at Caaaaarlton, look at how they have now treated Teague, like shit. I used to call Bolts "laughing gas" cos he always seemed to be laughing, just a real happy guy. Hes very experienced, and has served apprenticeships, he will be great with out kids, and Leppa is real bonus, very long apprenticeship, senior Coach himself, knows the modern game inside out, great knowledge. Yeh, im very happy camper with these new appointments. :wink: :)
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

robevpau1 wrote:https://twitter.com/CollingwoodFC/status/1437624039795691521/photo/1

Leppa, Fly & Bolts!
its weird that we have carlton written on our shirts, just sayin!!

i like this crew!!

apparently He was always the main target, and the 2 we speculated on were never interviewed!

im happy with this, low cost, no massive expectation outside of us die hards, so yeah, lets shock the damn shit out of the competition!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

used to dislik the faces of Leppa and Bolt.
all is forgiven!
all the best!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Still think Luke Hodge will join us too
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Pies2016 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:Seems like we have/are assembled/assembling a great team of assistant coaches to work alongside Craig McRae.

I am, however, slightly puzzled at the need for a Director of coaching position. After all, we already have a head coach in McRae as well as a head of football department in Wright. I'm not criticising Bolton's appointment, but just hope we don't end up with too many chiefs and not enough Indians!
The main difference between both roles is that McRae would focus on game day strategies, preparation and oppo analysis. He would spend more time involved in the “ for the now “ stuff.
A director of coaching spends more time planning on the development of individuals and maps out customised programs in conjunction with support staff. I would see Bolton working more closely with the coaching assistants than the senior coach. Bolton and co ( including high performance, player welfare and medical staff ) would prepare the individuals development programs. Once these programs have been rolled out, they are then reviewed regularly for progress, achieving KPIs and updating.

Simplistically, McRae is in charge of winning and Bolton is in charge of developing the cattle to win with.
I'm sure it all looks good on a box diagram. Just hope we don't end up with our footy department being over managed. Hopefully, it works as seamlessly as you've outlined.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

I read somewhere recently how part of the Storm's success is that Bellamy as coach is purely focused on match day coaching and another bloke in charge of medium to longer term strategy.

It looks to me like Fly and the club have created roles around Leppa and Bolts to focus on their strengths so with all 3 comfortable with their roles and how they inter-relate, there's every reason to think it should work successfully.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

robevpau1 wrote:https://twitter.com/CollingwoodFC/status/1437624039795691521/photo/1

Leppa, Fly & Bolts!
Fly looks the cooler trendier kid, Leppa the IDGAF and Bolton a dork. Completely irrelevant so long as they coach the house down!
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Collingwood 4 eternity

Post by Collingwood 4 eternity »

One for each other and all for one
the Three brave Amagpies are we
Brother to Brother and everyone
A brave Amagpie

Where ever they meet us our destinys lead us
Amagpies we are always together
where ever we go we're three brave Amagpies
and we'll be Amagpies forever

We are the three Amagpies
We are the three Amagpies
We are the three AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAmagpies
and Amagpies forever we'll be

1990 Grand Final :
"From the back pocket, this will be probably the last kick, he need not even kick it, the drought is over. 32 years they've waited, let the celebrations begin" Sandy Roberts
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

I'm not gunna lie - its gunna take me a while to get used to Leppa
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

I’m pretty pumped for this. I think Mr Wright has got it right! For once the foundations are there.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mattdally »

Corey Enright next?
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Piesnchess wrote:
inxs88 wrote:Bolton. Oh dear.

Give him a break, he was on a hidiing to nothing at Caaaaarlton, look at how they have now treated Teague, like shit. I used to call Bolts "laughing gas" cos he always seemed to be laughing, just a real happy guy. Hes very experienced, and has served apprenticeships, he will be great with out kids, and Leppa is real bonus, very long apprenticeship, senior Coach himself, knows the modern game inside out, great knowledge. Yeh, im very happy camper with these new appointments. :wink: :)
Working with the HFC on the Kennedy Community Centre development at Dingley and my contact on the project is very sad to see both McRae and Bolts depart. Both very well regarded in their roles and as people.