Post Match. Pies win another thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Wait, aren’t we two games ahead of second now? They keeping saying one
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

We beat a good team, at their home ground in the wet, in a game they were preparing for, for a month. It was their Grand Final and they threw everything at us. We are the real deal. Some just can’t see it.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

partypie wrote:How good was Darcy Cameron !!!!
Very good
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

And rested seven players just so they’d be fresh for us
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Tick
Next week means more.
Port won't like the amount of dropped marks they had without pressure. They shat the bed alot. Amazing run and gun given our mids were flogged all night [except Cameron]. I thought the game meant more to Port, was wet which suited them, at home, and they led by 3 goals going into the last. They choked various set shots etc and had the umpires rubbings pretty much all night. Even the weather gods turned on some rain in an effort to upset our handball chains when we got close. But somehow we will won. Enjoy the year.
Get back on top.
winpies
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by winpies »

OMFG!!! That was one of the best games I have seen us play. This team is playing with so much heart, bravado and confidence it is scary. Bloody brilliant boys. I am so proud.
carn the mighty pies!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Collingwood can be the Most Exciting and Most Frustrating Team to watch in 1 Game
I am Da Man
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

choppa wrote:
dalyc wrote:Hopefully, this will put paid to the idea that Murph (the magnificent) is not in our best 22.
Murph was BOG for us tonight by far!
Surely that has been buried for the best part of 12 months? Has been best 22 all season at least..
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

As usual the flogs from the game day thread don’t post after a win. Only up and about when we are down. Pathetic.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Amazing,stunning.This team is just ridiculous,all heart and soul.They just never give up,You can’t help but love them,they’ve given enough enjoyment to supporters in the last two years to last a lifetime.❤️❤️

And Jamie Elliott?What can you say?Legend,legend.We certainly couldn’t have won it without him.Someone said in a thread a while ago,who should have the next statue erected at Collingwood.I would suggest Jamie Elliott,for services above and beyond the call of duty.What a star!❤️❤️❤️
jonmac1954

Post by jonmac1954 »

Two games up and percentage clear dave - no team dominates every quarter and every game now. It's all about hitting the finals series in the best possible physical shape for the entire list. You can't do that if you are "up" every game.
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

Thank you. Someone understands it.
jonmac1954

Post by jonmac1954 »

Two games up and percentage clear dave - no team dominates every quarter and every game now. It's all about hitting the finals series in the best possible physical shape for the entire list. You can't do that if you are "up" every game.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Sidey was huge. Just another example of an old bloke missing a few weeks and coming back in pristine condition. That six week knee injury is the perfect lead in to finals for him.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “