Pre-Match. Pies v. Cats. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Having kicked 5 goals in the VFL, maybe it's time to give 'Magic' Johnson one last chance to prove he can be an AFL footballer? Possibly he had some off-field issues messing with his head earlier in the season. Certainly this would be his last chance to demonstrate the urgency and intensity of effort required at this level, but we all know he is immensely skilled and talented. At this dark hour, we need an injection of magic into our team, and no-one else in our VFL squad fits that bill.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

If Howe has done a hammy and it’s serious that’s pretty much the home and away season done. Time to contemplate retirement. If it’s a wrong rumour, still think he should contemplate retirement. Have to let these guys go or push them sooner or later. Howe has done his dues, got a medal and can retire with pride
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Players got the blowtorch from Fly, and the players had some “honest” conversations with each other. They better come out breathing fire this Friday.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Given that McInnes played less than half a VFL game and wasn’t on the injury list, I would tend to think he will be selected to replace Checkers. Had he have played the full game, he would have been required next on a five day turnaround, so taking him out was smart. Disappointing for Eyre who is now in concussion protocols after copping two in a row in the VFL. His day was over early in the third on the weekend. Right now, we can’t even keep players on the park in the VFL, so I wouldn’t be overly critical of their recent performances either.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
piedys wrote:
23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:SEN and I agree Collingwood football club had become a Collingwood hospital club
They say Pies are a hospital
Far and Away having the most injury plagued season of all time including the other teams
They say nothing compares with what we have
We had that shocking run in mid 2018 too, yet still almost pulled it off...

Only had Elliott, Moore, Reid and Dunne missing by September.
And J.Daicos not selected...

I'm starting to wonder if the 2018 list, Nick Daicos aside, was actually better than 2023/2024...
Mayne was a gun back then. Pendlebury had a broken bone from memory. Goldsack was our full back on Kennedy and Dunn who always had the measure of Darling, wasn't available.
Just one shed of luck and Buckley would have been a premiership coach.
Sliding door moments, and the Butterfly Effect...

Rosebury, the Runner; everything conspired against us in that 2nd half of 2018GF. It effectively took me 5 years to deal with that loss, and 2019PF, by the final siren of 2023.

Million Dollar Question still remains: had we won in 2018; would Buckley have been allowed to rebuild post mid-2021, and therefore would Fly have been consigned to another club?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Howe and Cameron will be available for selection.

Elliott is an outside chance as well.

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... e-round-16
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

The Injury Report seems much more upbeat.

Noble and potentially Jamie Elliott back this week
Cox in 1-2 weeks and Mitchell in 2-4.
Perhaps McStay in 2-4 weeks as well.

Just pray our season still has a pulse by then.

Outs: Mihocek, Markov & Dean
Ins: McInnes, Elliott and Noble

Howe plays back if Elliott in.
If Elliott doesn't play, Howe stays forward and Dean plays back...

Although I would still prefer Howe to be back to settle the back half down.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

duggieboy
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by duggieboy »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Players got the blowtorch from Fly, and the players had some “honest” conversations with each other. They better come out breathing fire this Friday.
Mr Miyagi when did this take place? I hadn't heard or read of it anywhere (which doesn't mean much)
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

duggieboy wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Players got the blowtorch from Fly, and the players had some “honest” conversations with each other. They better come out breathing fire this Friday.
Mr Miyagi when did this take place? I hadn't heard or read of it anywhere (which doesn't mean much)
Yesterday’s Herald-Sun quoted Fly. He didn’t say blowtorch but words to that effect. He didn’t hold back.
duggieboy
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by duggieboy »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
duggieboy wrote:
Yesterday’s Herald-Sun quoted Fly. He didn’t say blowtorch but words to that effect. He didn’t hold back.
Thanks, very interested that's happened - I like it. Geez we need the W.
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

My line up:
I’ll do another one on Thursday after main training but for now I have this one for Friday night game:
FB: Dean Frampton Howe
CB:IQ Maynard Pendles
C: Harry DeMattina Crisp Kruger
CF: WHE Moore Hill
FF: Elliott De Goey Harrison
R: Cameron Nick Daicos Long
INT: Shultz Richards Johnson Josh Daicos
Sub: Side

Interesting selections I think it’s time for the Harry D debut I have both Howe back got Dean there as well.
I think it’s time for some stability down back so I have Pendles on half back
Moore for the sake of his career play as centre forward time he got some free run at the ball and get the excitement of kicking a goal
Long which I’m a huge fan plays on ball in the midfield
Need height so I have Kruger on the wings
De Goey well in the forward line needs to be taken out of the midfield and time to play as a forward
I do think a few are under injury cloud JDG josh daicos
Great if Elliott plays
If IQ doesn’t come up then I’ll play someone like Johnson there or at times Moore off the back flank.
Training is Wednesday morning at AIA
Weather forecast for Friday night is it’s going to be a bit of showers around at the MCG
So the deck a bit greasy
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

joemamone@gmail.com

Post by joemamone@gmail.com »

Pendles too slow for half back and Maynard too short for CHB. Kruger not a winger (why not play Reef in that position though my preference is for Reef to play HB - he has the attributes to play Howe's role.)
Believer