Post-Match. Pies demolish Dees. Comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Post-Match. Pies demolish Dees. Comments.

Post by doriswilgus »

So it’s official now.We’ve missed out on the finals by percentage.The umpires have cost us a place in the finals,no doubt about it.Not just the ridiculous free kick for not handing the ball back to the umpire,something they hardly ever pay a free kick for,but also the non 50 metre penalty to Mcstay,which cost us the Swans game as well.Six points the umpires have cost us this year,and it’s made the difference between finishing sixth and ninth,a world of difference,
Skids
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

And who said "percentage doesn't matter" ?

:roll:
Don't count the days, make the days count.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by K »

^ In fairness to E, scraping into 8th place on percentage is not a way to win flags. So if only flags matter, then that doesn't. But... If you miss out on top 2 on percentage... With the top 8 loaded with interstate clubs... That really could matter.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

qldmagpie67 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:17 pm I get people saying Melbourne had Petracca Oliver May Lever out
We had Mitchell JDG McStay Checkers out as well so really injuries can’t be used as a excuse
True; but... we are conditioned to having those players out most weeks, we are adaptable!
Dreamons [and their coach] on the other hand, would have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA how to structure a game plan and strategy in the absence of those players. NONE WHATSOVER.
And it more or less showed. So I hope we enjoyed that victory in the absence of those players, because chances are we [or others] won't get that lucky again in 2025.
Frayley Bitsch was all at sea without the collective silver platter service from Petracca, Oliver, and of course Glassjaw, pumping the pill down his throat...
qldmagpie67 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:17 pm They had nothing to play for ? Rubbish how about pride ? How about respect for the jersey ?
How about respect for your supporter base (it was there how game) ? How about personal pride ?
Well isn't that what Petracca is effectively saying/implying about their culture or lack there off?
And how it's all gone south since 2021 flag? Not that we care one iota...
qldmagpie67 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:17 pmI hope we keep Richard’s I think he’s got something to offer as well
Perhaps to the highest bidder... He's creative sure, but nobody get over excited about his scoreboard contributions in wins against teams ranked 14-18.
He is replaceable should he choose to chase big coin elsewhere.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

LaurieHolden wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 9:06 am The MRO on Saturday released the findings from Friday night’s game, with Pickett handed a three-game ban.
His rough conduct charge was graded as careless conduct, severe impact and high contact.
Nah the ch.Muppet and Fuxtel dickhead squad, headed by Hodge are taking it to appeal, as the decision overruled their egos.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

piedys wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 1:40 am Nah the ch.Muppet and Fuxtel dickhead squad, headed by Hodge are taking it to appeal, as the decision overruled their egos.
Old mate Buckley was pleading for Pickett too. So much for Collingwood to the bone.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by piffdog »

K wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 9:00 pm ^ In fairness to E, scraping into 8th place on percentage is not a way to win flags. So if only flags matter, then that doesn't. But... If you miss out on top 2 on percentage... With the top 8 loaded with interstate clubs... That really could matter.
Mind you this year scraping into finals might be enough... In my mind there's no real standout among any of the contenders. Its the total opposite to 2022 when absolutely nobody was going to stand in the way of Geelong. I think it's wide open and someone will be lucky enough to pluck one by playing a couple of good games when it matters. All the contenders have been god-awful at some stage this season (Hinkley's own fans booing him, Bevo was nearly sacked at about round 12, Sydney got belted by 100+, Brisbane can't win at home etc). In some regards thats what makes it tougher to be sitting this campaign out. I think our experience could have held us in good stead and been a differentiating factor in the biggest games. Oh well...

I just hope those smug little pricks at Hawthorn get humbled soon. It's too soon for another dynasty...
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...