Finals. Week 1. Hawks v. Bulldogs.

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Finals. Week 1. Hawks v. Bulldogs.

Post by shawthing »

Treloar 28 possessions. Not one of them important.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

shawthing wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:36 pm Ginni can't believe his luck. Such a team player now. Unselfish. Sorry we lost him.
If they don't win the flag this year they will in 2025. So much talent.
Far too early to predict next year’s premier. Other teams will also improve their lists and performances and be contenders. I can only hope that Collingwood is among those who improve but they need to be very active with making their list much stronger and deeper.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

SLORT wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 4:59 pm
They lost by 7 points last time (14 7 to 14 14) on a dry, calm day. That was when Bevo was still ironing out his kinks.

Best for Dogs ~ Bont, English, B.Dale, Treloar, Naughton
Hawks ~ D. Moore, Impey, Sicily, Nash, Meek, Hardwick

Hawks have the gamestyle, Dogs have the stars. Should be a cracker.

Hawks by 4 points.
Well, what tonight revealed was that the following players are weak as piss when the finals heat is on: JUH, English and Darcy.
All of these arseholes stick their paws out for big coin, then can't be arsed turning up to earn it.

If I were Jackson Macrae, I'd be telling Bevo to suck the fat one this week and hit the road.
Come join your brother at Pies, and help us out on ball - we need you!
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Big T
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Big T »

Two shocking finals to watch. Almost unwatchable. Disaster for the afl if the next two are just as bad. They must be praying for a hawks cats grand final.
Buon Giorno
SLORT
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by SLORT »

Big T wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:46 am Two shocking finals to watch. Almost unwatchable. Disaster for the afl if the next two are just as bad. They must be praying for a hawks cats grand final.
I bet the Swans would be shitting themselves if it turned out that they have to face Geebung again. Bloodbath@TheGee Part II.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

yeh two shitty one sided Finals, back to back , how the head honchos at AFL must be missing our Maggies not there, our Finals are classic matches, very close, exciting, hard, dour, tough, no quarter asked, none given, real great games, all our Finals, v Deees, GWS, Lions, classic matches, not like this croc of shit we have now, boring as batshit. But their umpires shafted us, keep us out , so there you go.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Skids
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

Ginny a massive part of what makes the Hawks.
The kid just keeps getting better.

Can they go all the way.... never say never.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Skids wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:41 am Ginny a massive part of what makes the Hawks.
The kid just keeps getting better.

Can they go all the way.... never say never.

Pity the little turd never did that with us, and pity he never asked Fly could he go to the races, night before the GF, on the sauce, as he supposeldy asked sniper Mitchell regarding his jaunt to the pub. He never asked our Coach, then played a shocking GF. He hates our clubs guts, face facts, he makes snide pokes at us when ever he can, dissed our premiership last night, only hope Karma pays a nasty visit to the arrogant flog. :roll: :roll:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

You should be ashamed of yourself - the guy won a flag at 20 and, sadly, because our administration was stupid he is going to win his next 4 at a different club.
Big T
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Big T »

Pies4shaw wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:43 pm You should be ashamed of yourself - the guy won a flag at 20 and, sadly, because our administration was stupid he is going to win his next 4 at a different club.
Give it a rest
Buon Giorno
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Sam Mitchell says:
I thought he was enormously influential in the second quarter when he got up a bit higher. I thought he was a big part in getting the game back on our terms. If you look at his game impact in the second quarter, I thought he was one that really led the turning point.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/dont-r ... 346932a6ad
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I said it when we lost Ginni we’ll regret it.

You just wait & see.
He’s still young.

If HAW don’t win it this year, they will soon enough, they’ll catch up with all of us, ESS & the Scum.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!