2024 Finals Week 2

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

SLORT
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 61 times

Re: 2024 Finals Week 2

Post by SLORT »

BTW ~ Hawthorn after this coming trade period...scary. They'll have as good a list as any going around. Another Hawthorn dynasty in the making.../vomit.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Wonder how the swans memory is ? Wasn’t it like a month ago port beat them by like 110
Let’s hope for a similar result on there home deck
Nothing would be funnier
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Haha Ginnivan heard footsteps on multiple occasions. Such a soft player.
Buon Giorno
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Ginni despite his two goals fumbled all night.
Cant condone Hinkley, I’ve coached multiple junior sports and I simply can’t imagine going after an opponents players.
That said, STFU winging hawks supporters. Just cop it and move on.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
BEAMER09
Been liked: 8 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

Piesnchess wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:57 pm
shawthing wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:37 pm Thank goodness the right side won on the night.

Hinkley letting Ginni know he won't be flying to Sydney next week. Those media flogs from Whorethorn, Hodge and Jordan Lewis both say it was bad form. Well cry a river babies! You clowns were the unsociable Hawks and you get everything you deserve!

Go Power to beat Sydney next week.

Bet Hinkley did use Ginnis Instagram post to Grundy, pre match, cocky little prick, got his cumppence no more beer skulling antics now, karma bus ran him down.
Hinkley knew exactly what he was going to do if Port won. At the press conference, i don't think or heard him say the word sorry or the word apologise. Well done Hinkley and clearly said it was used for motivation. Luved the aeroplane look. Hodge and Lewis are massive flogs and so are the media saying Hinkley in hot water. Bullshite and it wasn't Port/Hinkley problem, it was dikivan and Dawks problem. Let's see if dikivan will do the same next year with other teams. He is on notice and the words used by Hinkley would be ringing in Mitchels mind and transferred to dikivans ears.
COLLINGW09D
mightypies90
Been liked: 3 times

Post by mightypies90 »

Do you think we dodged a bullet getting rid of Ginni. I think the club realised that he is trouble and they moved him on. Good on Ken giving it to him, if you dish it you have to take it.
The artist formerly known as schuey7.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

mightypies90 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:20 am Do you think we dodged a bullet getting rid of Ginni. I think the club realised that he is trouble and they moved him on.
I think so - he is smart footballer and can do some very good things BUT he is a smart arse that doesn't seem to listen or learn at times.

In the grand final when he tried to curl the ball for a shot on goal when he was 40 out and it fell short is a prime example. Sidebottom had just told him to go a drop punt and he ignored him.

Fly apparently told him he lacks humility (or something like that) in his end of year review which he just showed again through the week with his stupid social media posting.

Apart from Sicily missing the goal he should definitely have kicked right at the end, Ginnivan cost them the game last night by giving Port all the motivation they needed to get going.

The big problem the Hawks may have is that he will lead a few players the wrong way with his attitude.
I think therefore I think - I think
SLORT
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by SLORT »

think better wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:28 am The big problem the Hawks may have is that he will lead a few players the wrong way with his attitude.
:D One can but hope.
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by stoliboy »

That was a satisfying end.

Hawks Lost.

Hawks Lost by less than a kick.

Hawks missed a kick for goal to win the match.

Hawks having a sook about Ken Hinkley after they have been dishing it out all year.

Ginny can now concentrate on what he plays footy for… Mad Monday.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

I was amazed before the game on Fox that Dunstall did an interview with the four "mossies" of the Hawthorn forward line. Talk about getting ahead of yourself! There they were laughing and joking their way through an interview (which reminded me a bit of the pre-season interview with some of our stars of the grand final). It was pure Hawthorn hubris, and frankly they got what they deserved. None of those four played well and the "Wizard" did something magical for the night - a disappearing act.

I was so glad Port won (despite their feral fans). But I can live with that because in some ways they mirror our demographic. One thing is certain, I'd love to see Port or GWS win the whole thing. Definitely not Geelong (who look like once again picking up rejects from other clubs - they have to be rorting the salary cap don't they??), and not Sydney.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

The umpiring was a disgrace. 5 goals gifted to hawks by the maggots.

The video review clearly showed the ball being touched, yet the goal stood?? How does that work? Why have a video referral if an obviously wrong call isn't rectified?

Ports pressure was a huge turnaround after their dismal showing against Geelong. If they need a little boys social media post to fire them up, I pity the fools.
The only way they beat Sydney is if Papely makes fun of them on instagram?
Don't count the days, make the days count.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

For all those criticising the Ginnivan trade watch last nights game
He hardly had a impact (gifted a goal from a free down field that never was)
Sinn owned him basically all night
Forgetting his insipid performance that tweet shows the type of person you’re dealing with
No thought about best interests of the team just shoot your mouth off and to heck with the consequences
He’s a smart ass of the highest caliber
If you think for one second Mitchell hasn’t or won’t be discussing it with him and reading him the riot act over it think again
I said when he left give it 2 years and he will be gone from hawks as well
Remember flys post match presser after the GF “read the room” it was accurate
That’s he’s last 2 games on the biggest stage when the blow torch was applied he failed miserably

Now let’s hope Port do to Sydney what they did last time they met a month or so ago
That would make this season complete
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Heath Shaw called it right. In a podcast about a month ago that the way to beat Hawthorn was to expose their weakness by playing them close, going in on them hard everytime and getting into their heads confrontationally. Port Adelaide did exactly that and exposed Whorethorn's soft mentality. Good call Heath!

Hawthorn has been infected with Ginnivan’s narcissistic arrogance. They disrespected opposition teams and their fans all year. They drank their own bath water. Last night some of those chickens came home to roost. Port lived in Hawthorn’s heads from the first quarter and Hawthorn proved themselves unable to take it. The three points margin flattered them. And where was Ginnikins? Playing wide and avoiding the hard ball as usual! Hinkley just encapsulated a wide spread feeling. Karma is a wonderful thing isn’t it?
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

suffer Hawks but Ken Wrinkley is a flog for jawing at an oppo player
Sicily nearly cried over it which was funny to watch.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

Funny reading the garbage on here about Ginnivan. He's going to be around for a while so if he's in your head now, I can only imagine how much your BP is going to go up over the next decade.
Ranting as if all our players are squeaky clean is so cringeworthy, almost embarrassing, but there you go.

The youth & inexperience of Hawthorn was exposed last night, to lay the blame at Ginnivans feet alone is the pinnacle of ignorance.
Don't count the days, make the days count.