What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Landlords

Whilst I was away I got a message to call my agent, gave them a ring and apparently there were loose tiles on my roof. As I was away for a couple of weeks I said yes please to them organising someone to fix it.

That was 2 weeks ago they came loose, still not fixed and when I called the agent they still didn’t have approval from the landlord. It’s going to bloody rain tomorrow so that’ll turn a simple fix into something far bigger…

Although to me the biggest wonder is how it happened as from the ground they look like they may have been deliberately removed! Apparently a neighbour noticed on a Sunday morning so whether someone tried to get in through the roof, who knows? Thankfully no one actually got in as nothing was stolen or disturbed and I do have cameras inside.

The hole is also on the opposite side of the house to the manhole so they may have misjudged!!!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Somehow Wordpress has decided to crack the shits at me and not allow me to login to the website I am submitting articles for. So the editor had to make a new account, all I did was change the password for my account like he suggested... Stupid Wordpress. :lol:
think positive
Has liked: 215 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

5.5 hours I’ll never get back yesterday arvo. Hubby hurt his shin at work the day before, could not walk by bed time with shooting pains. Junior and convinced him work would be a bad idea! We had an appointment with our tax agents so he used my dads crutches for that. I rang the doctor near here for an appointment to get an X-ray, she says just go to Willi hospital ED. I said we should go to our doctor in yarraville. No he says so off we go. Right leg of course! Got the X-ray within 10 min soi thought I’d hang around rather than go home and wait for a call. 2 hours later I move my car, 20 min they take us through to a cubicle. I might add there was only 2 other people in the waiting room for the first 2 hours! An hour later, he will be with you soon, 30 min the doc says you have chipped the bone I’m worried about tendon damage, we should arrange an ultrasound. It might take a week or 2! Huh? Wait he says I’ll see what I can do. 15 min later he’s got three orderlies who had been wandering and seemingly endlessly counting sets of crutches in a room across from us. Hubby saysI’ve got crutches! Went to move my car again! 2 hour free parking all around the hospital, nothing longer paid or otherwise and there us never any spaces! We hi the 5 hour mark, hubby gets back from ultrasound, he was gone so long I thought they zapped him into space! He’s shaking his head. He says they checked his knee not his shin, 10cm away! The chip was old age and too much manual labour calcification. No chip, no cracks, nothing. The doc comes back. Good news! Nothing to see here! and then hubby says the X-ray was in the wrong place, look, it hurts below that! Off he goes again, at this point I climbed onto the bed as I could not keep my eyes open, and I had run out of lives on all my iPad games! So at 5.5 hours he gets the all clear, go home and rest it. **** me! Me: I told you we should have gone to our doctors! Every damn time! The incompetence and lack of care factor was incredible! The first time I moved my car a guy came in in cycling gear in a wheel chair, he was still waiting when we left, another poor dude dripped blood from his hand for an hour and a half!

I should add ive taken junior there at least 3 times, me when I fell in the bathroom and hit my head, and when I snapped a finger tendon at netball. Hubby on every long freezing horrible Christmas Eve that ended up in sunshine hospital, and They were always great!

Ugh. Oh and when I woke up hubby was gone! Probably limping around the workshop! Now to play catch-up!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

ED's are great fun, NOT.

Did they actually tell you what was causing the pain? Is it just Bone Bruising from a knock?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:ED's are great fun, NOT.

Did they actually tell you what was causing the pain? Is it just Bone Bruising from a knock?
not really! they gave us a letter saying some remote bone lab will contact us!
honestly i would have waited a day (no i would have got a referral from our doctor and walked 10 feet to get the xray on the spot!!) but with his medical history and meds he's on for it its detrimental to his bones. he has 2 packets of unopened anti inflams from when he got his sore feet checked out, so i fed him some of those, with a couple of glasses of red, and after a good nights sleep he seems fine! if nothing else it made him realize he needs to stop being superman when the correct equipment is not available!

i did kinda say, where was the xray film, and he said he could feel it was under the right place, but they seemed to concentrate on his knee!

he'll live! at least hes insured!!! :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Hah. :lol: :lol:

Insurance plot. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

hehe!

I remember a long ago discussion on the subject, me :" WOW!! what do you get if I die first?"

Him: "Peace and quiet!"

just got the thing from the bone clinic, soft tissue injury and some excercises to do!! yep that will happen!!!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

LOL. :lol: :lol:
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Traffic pisses me off, especially getting stuck in Dans car park and thinking of how much quicker the trip would be if he didn’t tear up a contract solely because it didn’t have a CFMEU kickback in it…

But on the tunnel that the inner city morons protested against, why do they prefer gridlock traffic all the time over traffic being underground? Surely cars stop, starting constantly is far worse for the environment than flowing traffic in the tunnel? They campaign on the environment by preferring cars on their streets!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Daylight savings ending last night.

Don't get me wrong, I wake up early and I'm looking foward to some sunlight in the mornings, but I had the Grandson over last night and he's an early riser too.

Bit after 6am, I hear him padding around, then he goes back to his room. 10 minutes later, he's peeking in my bedroom door where he can read the digital clock beside my bed.

I say to him, Mate, it's a bit early isn't it?

He replies, but it's 6:15.

Me, yeah, but the clock hasn't been changed for daylight savings so it's actually 5:15.

Him. Ohhh.

Me, to myself, fck it, he's awake, I'm awake, might as well get up.

It's been a loooooong day. Good fun but loooong.
think positive

Post by think positive »

I’d love daylight saving all year!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Theoretically nice, but in winter, the sun wouldn't come up till near fricken 9am.

I can deal with it getting dark at night early, but I want sun in the mornings.
think positive

Post by think positive »

I don’t care what mental illness tge prick who murdered the paramedic is diagnosed with, I hope the prick never sees daylight again.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

I deliberately haven't read about it. All I know is the Ambo was on a break, having some maccas, and got stabbed by a 21 year old. Young kid at home and pregnant fiance, very sad.