decent new TV series

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

think positive wrote:
mandy wrote:New season of The Walking Dead has started with a bang!
All hail the walking dead! How good was that!

Bit of everything! Loved it
So you loved seeing people slaughtered like cattle?

Sickie.

:lol:
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Joel

Post by Joel »

swoop42 wrote:^Tried watching that but gave up after 4 episodes or so.

Found it boring with a care factor of zero for the characters.
Yeah, I can see what you mean. The characters can be hard to empathise with, especially initially. It gets better over time though I feel. I've nearly watched the first season and will watch the next (if there is a next).
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

swoop42 wrote:
think positive wrote:
mandy wrote:New season of The Walking Dead has started with a bang!
All hail the walking dead! How good was that!

Bit of everything! Loved it
So you loved seeing people slaughtered like cattle?

Sickie.

:lol:
Not people, walkers, it's thinking like that gets ya killed!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Oh no no no no no can't end the show like that

damn Gemma

Save juice!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Die Gemma die!

God would someone please shoot that mole.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
think positive

Post by think positive »

swoop42 wrote:Die Gemma die!

God would someone please shoot that mole.
PMSL!

So you like shows where they slaughter people like cattle

Sickie!!

(But hey they were just bikies, druggies, prostitutes, and dealers!)
mandy

Post by mandy »

I've finally lost patience with Juice. I don't care if he dies now.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Joel wrote:Watching Halt & Catch Fire at the moment. I like it, not sure everyone would like it though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2543312/
The early 1980s was the early heyday of the technological revolution. Silicon Prairie, centered on Dallas, was one area in the US where much of the activity in this sector was happening.

There were a few "name" corporate players in each sector, such as International Business Machines (IBM) in personal computers (PC), Xerox in document management, and Texas Instruments (TI) in semiconductors.

Standard corporate practice was to improve technology gradually and charge customers a premium for successive technologically advanced models of products.

Within this framework, there were many dreamers, often working in smaller companies or for themselves, who wanted their small, or not so small, piece of the pie, whether it be for fortune and/or fame, the latter often in having a lasting legacy.

Those dreams also varied, from only doing things better than their competitors, however small, to producing things that were revolutionary for the time, that made the general public go "wow", as were the rationale for those dreams.
Looking at giving the following a go soon: Turn, Tyrant & Silicon Valley.
silicon valley is well worth it. without giving much away i think the best moments are in the last episode.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
think positive

Post by think positive »

mandy wrote:I've finally lost patience with Juice. I don't care if he dies now.

Oh no no no no no I need my fantasies alive!
Joel

Post by Joel »

Bit over Juice and Gemma. They can both go. Goodbye!
Yarra Falls End

Post by Yarra Falls End »

mandy wrote:Did you watch after the credits and see who's back?
Thanks for the "heads up" as I would definitely have not watched the end of the credits.

First thoughts it's the guy from Line of Duty season 1 and both the UK and US versions of Low Winter Sun.Took me a while to work out who it was but I know now.
stui magpie
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

I've got season 1-3 of walking dead. I'll see how I go with actually watching it.

getting some decent download speeds, 1.5mps gets me an Arrow episode in 8 minutes.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

last week or so the ABC was showing a 3 part series called Changing Minds. I thought it was a brilliant & unique series where a TV camera for the first time was allowed into a psychiatric facility showing the workings from Emergency Department presentations, to the inpatient unit, showing really unwell people with acute psychiatric illnesses such as BipolarAffective Disorder with mania or hypomania, florid psychosis, severe thought disorder being shown as a symptom & sign of an illness, treatment resistant schizophrenia, severe depression requiring ECT treatment, interviewing patients, Dr''s nurses, families, going into mental health tribunal hearings .. simply amazing TV. How they got permission.?

This is episode 3 of a three part series that is on iView. If you can get the first two it is simply riveting TV. It is based at the very busy Liverpool hospital Sydney.

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/changi ... 00#playing
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
partypie

Post by partypie »

watt price tully wrote:last week or so the ABC was showing a 3 part series called Changing Minds. I thought it was a brilliant & unique series where a TV camera for the first time was allowed into a psychiatric facility showing the workings from Emergency Department presentations, to the inpatient unit, showing really unwell people with acute psychiatric illnesses such as BipolarAffective Disorder with mania or hypomania, florid psychosis, severe thought disorder being shown as a symptom & sign of an illness, treatment resistant schizophrenia, severe depression requiring ECT treatment, interviewing patients, Dr''s nurses, families, going into mental health tribunal hearings .. simply amazing TV. How they got permission.?

This is episode 3 of a three part series that is on iView. If you can get the first two it is simply riveting TV. It is based at the very busy Liverpool hospital Sydney.

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/changi ... 00#playing
The ABC website gives a rundown on the consent process,and sorry I can post the link, but it's in the tv section devoted to the program. Thanks for reminding me about this show, I saw it being promoted but forgot to watch it, sure it will be repeated at some stage.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:I've got season 1-3 of walking dead. I'll see how I go with actually watching it.

getting some decent download speeds, 1.5mps gets me an Arrow episode in 8 minutes.
It's great, lots of "stuff and thangs"!

Just started watching the black list, not sold yet, but at least it has James Spader!