What do you guys think of Nick Davis now hes gone 2 Sydney?

If you want to be able to chat about the really interesting stuff in footy without being hassled by the guys - do it here!

Moderators: Hanskies, foxychick

MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Bullshit. Im with u Forever Pies.
Those with the most invested are the last to surrender!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
omega

Post by omega »

Well Miss Maggie I still think he gave better value than many who are still on our list, not his fault he was raised in another state so had to go home, we are the losers. You don't need to be so anti-him.
Always take time to smell the sweet scent of the roses.
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies

Post by Go_The_Mighty_Magpies »

OK i know i wrote this to begin with... but i wish i hadn't then as much as i do now... I was kind of hoping it would have died by now but it hasnt
There is just one team we favour...
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Well I can see both points of view. Significantly he is part of our history and would like to regard his four years with us as something he cherished so we don't have to have all that animosity. Equally we don't have to be obsessed by him. His father and some family members still follow the Pies by the way and one even took out a Collingwood membership.
Oh I LOVE the Pies so much. Oh I am SO much in love with you. But why do you let me down so much? You let me down, let me down, let me down. You destroy my soul, the essence of my world.
Foreverpies

Post by Foreverpies »

Who cares....if his Dads, uncles, sisters, cousins, friends, boyfriends DOG got a membership!!!

Nicks Davis screwed us......LET ME PUT IT THIS WAY....

Nick Davis walked out onto that football field Grand Final Day knowing he wasn't going to play for us this year.
He was given the opp. to walk at the start of the year when Eddie told him "...if he was thinking about leaving to do it now so someone else could have the chance to play for the Black and White with PRIDE"

Jason Cloke would have given anything to play in that Grand Final, so would have Mark Richardson. Nick Davis is SELFISH AND A SWAN.

Just like Paul Williams and Andrew Schauble, just like Damien Adkins is an Eagle and Mal Michael a Lion.....I don't see any topic about them.

Give up on Nick he gave up on us!
omega

Post by omega »

Forever Pies I see your points but Eddie's actions were half the problem anyway. If a guy is contracted until the end of the year you let him play until the end of his contract. There will be blokes on our list now who won't be with us next year. Should we find out which ones and ask them to walk out. Never heard such nonsense. Who cares if he was going to play for Sydney. The fact is he helped us get a top four position with his matchwinning goals against the Saints and then played well in both finals against the Adelaide teams. He was picked to play in the granny because he was going to help us to win. Unfortunately he, like most of his mates had a downer on the day. It had nothing to do with him leaving the club. How would you feel if your employer questioned your loyalty and said sign on for another three years of else when you had months to go on your contract? Adkins refused to sign on too but that didn't get publicity because we were prepared to release him. Balme said ND was barred from the Copeland because he no longer wanted to play for us. Neither did Damien but he was allowed to go. There was so much hypocrisy over that whole issue. Even though I am Maggie through and through I think we should learn from our mistakes. Remember the club exploits the players just as much as they can do to us. They wanted to trade Nick for Stafford in 2000, they are not giving Heath Scotland a fair deal. Trouble is we love the club but should not be blinded by the fact that they want it all their own way. Nick has left yes, but he wasn't the ogre the club try to make him out to be and had he been raised in Vic, like someone else said would have stayed. He gave a lot last year while very seriously injured. He had no power in his legs on GF day due to playing since round three pretty much lame. So much for those who questioned his commitment.
Foreverpies

Post by Foreverpies »

I am not even going to continue this....

While Nick played for us I supported him, I didn't like him but he wore Black and White.

I don't need to be reminded of what he did for us, it was what he didn't do.

Players aren't bigger than a football club, Nick Davis made that mistake.

MOVE ON ITS 2003
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Nah Omega ur way off. Collingwood or Nick Davis??? Whats more important. Nick thought him, and it sounds you think that too.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
omega

Post by omega »

No Miss Magpie whether he was selfish or not the club is always bigger than the individual and I was a Pie long before he came along and always will be. I just didn't like the hypocrisy and think we can learn from it. BTW Damien was asked to re-sign mid-season and refused to. Obviously he had reasons why he wanted to leave. My views here though are that if he had been a gun we would have kicked up a fuss had he wanted to leave but because he was expendable we were prepared to work out a deal for him. And realistically he didn't give us half as much value as Nick. In this sense it is harder for more talented players to return home without creating a fuss.
Foreverpies

Post by Foreverpies »

I totally agree Tess....
But then again I don't know why we are either bothering.

I don't think he is worth the time or space on a 'Pie Bulletin Board!
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Agreed Leah. Plus were never gonna see the 'we love nick davis' ppls point of view and theyre never gonna see ours so why bother.

What are our thoughts on Paul Willaims and Andrew Shauble??? The point is WHO CARES. Theyre Swans now.

omega

Post by omega »

Tessa Damien was asked to re-sign mid-season and decided not to, not only is this true but it was even widely reported in the press. Damien was probably disappointed but so are most in some ways at leaving a club. We got Williams for him, a reasonable but not star player. We received a second round pick for Davis which has netted us Bo Nixon who could turn out to be a star even better than Nick. It allowed us extra cap room and Woewodin. Remember Miss Magpie and Tess we only paid a second round pick to get Nick, he gave us good service and we received the same back. So how has he cost us? What about the players who get delisted and gain us nothing? What about the way the club treated Steinfort forcing him to retire. Maybe Davis and Adkins thought they would leave before they got similarly treated. Remember clubs are just as ruthless as players.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Blame the Swans, not the player, the arseholes should have given us something like we gave them for Rocca. It is hardly the player's responsiblity to get the best deal for the club. Clubs will screw the player once his value evaporates.
IT'S TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angel

Post by angel »

The only flaw in your argument though Tessa is that many players played badly. How do we explain Leon's form? Are you saying that anyone who will be leaving should stand out of the games for the rest of the year? My gut feeling is that the selectors would have played him anyway. If Brisbane get to the Grand Final this year do you think they will leave Aker out because he hasn't signed a contract. People cannot seem to accept that a contract expires at the end of the season. Players should NOT be forced into making decisions earlier. This is not about Davis but a principle. I was also told that Malthouse etc. were pretty much convinced during the finals he would leave. He stated himself after the Port match that he was in two minds. They had the opportunity to drop him but didn't and he helped us significantly in the prelim final.
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Tessa you may feel you are able to read into people's faces what they think. He may have known it was his last game for the Pies. Maybe that contributed to how he was looking. I know noone is allowed to sympathize with him but it probably wasn't an easy decision to make. And anyway he copped it through the press and being banned from the Copeland. On that character thing, yes Malthouse seems to be a good judge of character and he slammed Nick. But he desperately wanted him back, so isn't that hypocritical of him? And why did he have Nick living with him for some time if he was such a bad character?
Oh I LOVE the Pies so much. Oh I am SO much in love with you. But why do you let me down so much? You let me down, let me down, let me down. You destroy my soul, the essence of my world.