Cheersquad 2004 and beyond

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

What is the problem/s?

Please list them and how you would like them fixed maybe?

Jen
HANDS OFF OUR JUMPER

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
JLC

Post by JLC »

A^D^S^O wrote:Enough is enough, obviously there is a problem, you have read all the posts and it seems to me your avoiding the main issue. Members want something done now, they are not happy.

Cameron should stop avoiding his members like he does, and he should come out and listen to what they have to say and deal with it in the way that will make members happy. Don't forget they are full paying members.

Joffa stop kidding yourself on how good the cs really is because if it was really that good threads like this wouldn't be happening.

"Cameron get out there and face the 300 members NOW"
You may be full paying member but he is not your slave either. Who are these members that are not happy? If it is that much of a problem they should discuss them over the phone or in person with Cameron.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Is it just me, or do people take things way too seriously?
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Lol yeah they do Joel :P
Those with the most invested are the last to surrender!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

The way I see it the cheersquad has banners to make (this gets done), seats to fill (this gets done), they are to cheer (this gets done... sometimes not loud enough) and you watch the footy (this gets done).

I think people should look a bit broadly and see it is a CHEERSQUAD - not a political party or United Nations Round Table.

Personally, if I dislike something a lot, or don't agree with what people do after an explanation I either accept it or do my own thing, or try to change it. If the problems in the cheersquad are so huge then my guess is that a majority of people wouldn't have renewed this year. If the non-election of committee members was such a huge issue (they weren't elected last year either) then why wasn't this bought up last year so that there would be an election this year?

If after the explanation that Cameron gave as to why elections were no longer held, you still don't agree then you either make the point known by getting out of the squad or sitting there and putting up with it - is there that many problems REALLY? Enough to warrant a five page thread on Nicks? Personally, I think not.

There is a waiting list for people to get into the cheersquad, so there mustn't be too many things going bad.

Just sit back, enjoy the footy - ISN'T THAT WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT ANYWAY???

No offence, but if you want things to change, I doubt making continual whinging posts on an internet bulletin board are going to do the trick. Why wasn't a proposal drawn up in the off season highlighing the need for an election, or a petition written up or a meeting organised with Cameron. It had been a WHOLE YEAR since the last meeting to get your points heard - what else is Cameron supposed to think if there wasn't a problem last year with no elections etc then why would there be this year.

Jenelle
HANDS OFF OUR JUMPER

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
magpies/5

this thread

Post by magpies/5 »

jenelle with all due respect
this matter that is bugging many was totally brushed aside by Cameron as if it were a non event and were told to lump it or like it I myself have resevations re an APPOINTMENT and I did make hay of it last season but what happened precisely NOTHING and it should have been addressed and the person concern should never have been re-appointed as has happened and due to curtisey will not post a name but am sure many will know who it is as the whole matter was completely out of order and disgusting to a point that it should have been dealt with by the club
tell me are you aware of this
enjoy your pies and sauce
al
zoia

Post by zoia »

well adso cameron actually has to face 40,000k whinging members personaly i dont care im just there to watch the game. Why break balls 4 you just create problems. How is this match day theme joffa problems btw
JLC

Post by JLC »

If you really feel that strongly about it make your request in writing and then start a petition and get people to sign it. If Cameron went on the whim of every complaining supporter the poor bloke would never finish.

At least last year i actually received a cheersquad membership card and a free polo. Whereas in the previous year i never even received a card or anything from the cheersquad.

If its that bad then the best form of protest would be not to join up. If all these supposed disgruntled members did that then the club would take notice.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

The argument is dead

For those people wanting the cheersquad to elect its own committee, take your minds back to this squad 3,4,5,6 years ago it was a shit cheersquad and thats being brutally honest..

The squad will never again be hijacked by an elected president and cronie committee members those days have gone.

Go back through the collingwood cheersquad history come back and tell me the last time it was 300 and over booked out year after year, come back and tell me when was the last time we had front row rotation giving the kids on front row a chance to be up close to there heroes,
Come back and tell me when week after week we have had 50,60,70 people at banner making.
The amount of people bitching on here about the non self electing of committee people would be no greater than 5...hey not bad for a squad of 300 plus
We are an organisation of 300 plus people u aint gonna please everyone all the time.

We must never let a handful of negatives outweigh or stop us from focusing on the many positives that this squad has produced and will continue to produce.
The squad is a terriffic place if it wasnt we wouldnt have any bloody members!!!!
..............................................................................................
PS id like to thank mick ( caas) its been bloody enjoyable mate debating many issues with you albeit about one another, but the good thing about caas is he aint afraid to say who he is and it takes grunt to express opinions without hiding behind anonyminity. Good on ya cass ;)
...................................................................................................
This will be a great year in the squad because we are dusting away cobwebs now instead of middle of the season!!

The fact is the squad is club run we no longer have a constitution we dont have a self elected president or committee.
And the bottom line is the squad is better for it, and we must never go back to the bullshit of one president and self elected cronies.

I can tell i wouldnt be dead for quids as i love the sucess of the squad and the good times it has given us all and will continue to do so.

Its a dead argument really
Time to get on with more important issues
cheers
magpies/5

in reply

Post by magpies/5 »

the request was made in writing but was still brushed aside and was also refered to by phone still brushed aside so what is one to do bring it up to the appointed committee
maggies_4_eva

Post by maggies_4_eva »

If I had any clue what magpies/5 was on about I would try to answer. Post makes no sense sorry.
mr_nokia

Post by mr_nokia »

jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Heard it all before mr nokia mainly from yourself

Other than that your not worthy of a reply:)
Last edited by jeff corfe on Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoia

Post by zoia »

lol classic nokia but cut joffa some slack mate
maggies_4_eva

Post by maggies_4_eva »

WHO CARES MR.NOKIA............GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON.