Our 2005 selections - thoughts

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Perhaps someone has already posted this link, but it looks like there are free access draft interviews on CTV:

http://collingwoodfc.com.au/default.asp ... eid=238559

Listen to the interview with Thomas and how well he handles himself for a young kid - clearly another factor in the decision.
spoljar

Post by spoljar »

Great selections Collingwood. I think we have selected Thomas over Ellis because he is regarded as more of a genuine Midfielder than Ellis. I liked the fact the Thomas will win his own ball and adapt to a game plan rather than another outside receiver who thinks the game evolves around him!
EddieGold

Post by EddieGold »

the fact is for 3 out of the last 4 years - WE MADE A Mistake
EddieGold

Post by EddieGold »

Ellis - 500 draftnicks say pick 2.

Balmey no good, sack him.
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

I'm very happy. Some mids, some class, some pace, some tough nuts who hit the ball hard and finally a possible KP defender to come on after Wakes and Presti make way.

Well done Pies now let's all hope it goes according to plan.
EddieGold

Post by EddieGold »

rand corp wrote:I'm very happy. Some mids, some class, some pace, some tough nuts who hit the ball hard and finally a possible KP defender to come on after Wakes and Presti make way.

Well done Pies now let's all hope it goes according to plan.
i am happy cause at least we drafted someone. Well done Balmey to not slur the numbers so no one knows who you picked. We have some more flesh to stay at the Collnigwood football club and then follow Danny Roach, Bo Nixson and Billy Morrison out the door after a couple of year. It is the revolving door principle.
EddieGold

Post by EddieGold »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote="RayByrneForPOPE"]leonmagic wrote:
RayByrneForPOPE wrote:
I would compare the 2 players like this.

Dale Thomas to a Licuria

Xavier Ellis to a Nick Dal Santo

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

surely you're kidding?????????? have you actually seen thomas in action??

I have watched all Gippsland Powers home games and watched them train all season, Thomas is a midfielder who goes forward and kicks a few goals he kicked four in the Tac G/F which would be the only time you have seen either of them play, Thomas is an under pack midfielder like Licuria plays where as Ellis is all class and plays identical to Dal Santo. Read all my other post for the last 3 months. I do live 100 metres from Gippsland Powers home ground.

All I am trying to say was we said we would pick the BEST player not a player for position or needs and I dont reckon we did. Xavier Ellis is the best player in my opinion (and alot of others)[/quote]

From someone who knows

We got blinded by one performance in the TAC Grand Final and stuffed up accordingly. We done Pies.
hoggy

Post by hoggy »

EddieGold wrote:We got blinded by one performance in the TAC Grand Final and stuffed up accordingly. We done Pies.
And his performances in the U18 carnival? :roll:
Barge
Mr. Chairman

Post by Mr. Chairman »

If he didn't want to play this year then he should've gone into next years draft.

This years draft was for players who want to play football.

Saw a quote saying he might be available for Hawthorn at the end of the season. If he feels like it. That precious tag was spot on.
loki04

Post by loki04 »

stuff Ellis he isn't all that anyway Hurn is the bigger loss and we have made our selections so lets get behind them all
EddieGold

Post by EddieGold »

come on Billy Morrison,

come on Bo Nixon

come on Danny Roach

you are all All Australian premiership players

well done Collingwood recruiting staff.
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

Eddiegold take a step back. You said it before as well.....comment in 2009 when these guys are ready to peak. No point bagging them now.
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

EG, why are you so intent on digging up old topics (ie - Roach/Morrison/Nixon)? Its in the past, we move on...
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

We got blinded by one performance in the TAC Grand Final and stuffed up accordingly. We done Pies.
Not true. According to MM, the GF was the 'icing on the cake'.
EddieGold

Post by EddieGold »

As you blokes say time will tell.

As a Collingwood supporter I will be behind our new boys 100%.

Go Pies.