#3 Ryan Lonie

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

lol not bad at all!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Culprit wrote:He is not hard enough in a contest to be compared to Graeme Wright.
True. Ryan is too often left in positions that do not suit him (tagging, key defender etc). He is made for the midfield/wing IMO, and just has that slick abillity that we lack. Play him as a wing man every time and MM, you will reap the rewards.
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

havent we had this thread already 2 weeks ago, i think i posted it.
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies

Post by Go_The_Mighty_Magpies »

Alot of threads tend to be done several times i've noticed. Especially ones along the likes of 'where's my membership....'
There is just one team we favour...
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Why do you want that kind? How about that.
Joel

Post by Joel »

It's because people miss them the first time around, or they suffer form recent/short term memory loss. ;)
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

ahh well i suppose after 2 pre season games and lonie been given a bit more freedom, he has played quite well and the topic is worth while talkign about. His goal kicking skill from outside 50 has been important. Definately not a player to be wasted in defence, i could see him rotating wing with rowe for sure.
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
labrooy

Post by labrooy »

He seems to have discovered some aggression this year which is a great sign. MM should be trying players in different positions during the pre-season, so why bag him when he does?
Warbler

Post by Warbler »

I too think Lonie has been harder in the two games this year - maybe he reads this site ?
2005PIES

Post by 2005PIES »

Maybe just maybe he has been told he is a team leader. Maybe he can

see potential with in this team and wants to remain a part of it.

Maybe MM has a team plan (which we are not privi to) and he is doing all

he asked for to achieve a long term goal.
TENACIOUS BACKLINE, DURABLE MIDFIELD, RETENTIVE FORWARD LINE. MAKE FOR A PREMIERSHIP TEAM.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Malthouse has improved the defensive side of his game. Lonie is a go to player. You look to pass to him on the run. You don't look to him if he will be in a contest as he loses most of them. Lonie is always better when he is forward of the centre. That is his natural game style. To say he would be the next Graeme Wright is an insult to the #19 that should have won a brownlow. If Buckley plays that will leave Johno and Chad to go to Lonie then we will see Lonie at his best. I am not saying Lonie is not a good player; I just feel you cannot make tough aggressive players (like Graeme Wright) from players who have not got that inside them. You cannot compare an apple to an Orange.
35forever

Post by 35forever »

I've been impressed by Lonies work rate so far this year. Obviously he needs to keep it up to rate a comparison to the great GW, but with those amazing foot skills (personally I rate him in the top 2 or 3 playing), you never know!

God knows we need it.

Then again, perhaps we should drop him from the list & hire him as a full time kicking coach?

God TRULY knows we need that!
"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

Lonie has performed well in the 2 matches i've seen. He looks fit & maybe added a few kilo's (or is it just the haircut that makes him look bigger!!!???) which could be an explanation for him being 'a little' harder,.... 'very little'!!!

The addition of Morrison may have also been a wake up call for Ryan - Along with Jimmy, i like them together along the back flank for rebounding power.
It also makes the oppositions forward's more accountable. But yes, it would be nice to see him in the front half more often!!

I would like to clear something up though. Everyone talks up his kicking skills of which obviously i'm a fan. However, i think its fair to say that he 'muffed' more than his fair share last year - the mongrel punt kicks were too frequent from a player of his ability IMO.

BTW: Lonie v Wright,.... Lonie has a LONG way to go - But hey, the tools are there to make just as great an impact!!!!!
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

In what way?
The Phantom

Post by The Phantom »

If Lonie's only got a left foot, play him on the left wing.

He's born to it & is good for a goal or two per game as such.
Who kicked 5 goals in the 1990 Grand Final?