Welcome to Collingwood - Dayne Beams - Selection Number 29

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Technically a waste in the end. We won a flag when he wasn't an influential player (only young), he went mssing again in September when we needed him in 2011 (we would've gone back-to-back if the Dayne of 2012 played in 2011), and we haven't taken advantage of his star staus since 2012 in finals or otherwise. So we lose him as he enters his peak. Exaclty the type of player we need entering our re-launch phase post 2010-11, and we lose him for a solid inside mid and young 'gun' who'll take a few years to reach any great heights. I'll spew in Pick 4 is a superstar though, the pick we SHOULD have if it wasn't for the Frawley fiasco.
Est. 2002
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Shafted us more than any other player since Nick Davis. Now my most hated ex-pie.

Phuck you, Dayne! May all your future games be as pathetic as the 2010 grand final games, and the 2011 prelim.
kill for collingwood!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Not all of them will be, I'm afraid. Just his finals.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

roar wrote:Shafted us more than any other player since Nick Davis. Now my most hated ex-pie.

Phuck you, Dayne! May all your future games be as pathetic as the 2010 grand final games, and the 2011 prelim.
Dunno if I feel quite that strongly roar but after all we did for him he's now on a table with Daisy at the back of the room near the dunnys at the ex-players functions.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
roar

Post by roar »

He is a lot worse than Daisy, IMO.
kill for collingwood!
Harvey

Post by Harvey »

Pies4shaw wrote:Not all of them will be, I'm afraid. Just his finals.
Lucky he won't be playing any finals! At the end of the day we can console ourselves in the fact that despite Brisbane's 40 untouchables, they'll still be languishing at the bottom of the ladder for the next couple of years. Hopefully a few of their young guns leave to go home as well once Beams and Christensen takes up much of their salary cap
E

Post by E »

I loved reading this thread for 2 reasons.

first, it shows that at one time, Jack Spain was an absolutely passionate and positive Collingwood supporter. what did we do to that poor guy (collie Dog, can you help to answer that question).

RocketRonnie was calling for the board to be sacked (he was being sarcastic, but cant tell whether he was laughing at the fact that he always said it, or others were saying it at the time).
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

roar wrote:He is a lot worse than Daisy, IMO.
We had a full season of speculation to adjust to the Daisy trade, Beams came out of left field.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

That's your call, I disagree.

As far as I'm concerned he made the decision to go back based on his Dad's illness. Having someone go through a terminal illness can really change your perspective on priorities and what's important. He decided he wanted to go home and play with his brother.

Daisy was the pin up boy for the younger ones who jerked around for the year before deciding to go to our most hated rival for more money and because he liked the coach better. I'll buy Dayne a beer and spit in Daisy's.

If Nick Davies is at the same table I'll piss in his beer.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

stui magpie wrote:
That's your call, I disagree.

As far as I'm concerned he made the decision to go back based on his Dad's illness. Having someone go through a terminal illness can really change your perspective on priorities and what's important. He decided he wanted to go home and play with his brother.

Daisy was the pin up boy for the younger ones who jerked around for the year before deciding to go to our most hated rival for more money and because he liked the coach better. I'll buy Dayne a beer and spit in Daisy's.

If Nick Davies is at the same table I'll piss in his beer.
Happy to join in the spitting and pissing stui. :wink:
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

An interesting opinion.

Beams is younger and has more football ahead of him but we've received more compensation.

Thomas is older and has bung ankles but we only got pick 11 in return.

My decision.

Shoot them both.

:lol:
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Will be remembered as the player who disgraced the jumper and derailed grand final celebrations in 2010, was saved by the club and then bit the hand that fed him.
Buon Giorno
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Big T wrote:Will be remembered as the player who disgraced the jumper and derailed grand final celebrations in 2010, was saved by the club and then bit the hand that fed him.
Yup, time to pass on the bill for the 2010 QC representation now.
I imagine the cost was rather substantial.

Dyso
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Thanks for everything Beamsy even though it's such a shame you shafted us while you were entering the peak of your career! :(

Sad it didn't as well as I hoped!
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆