Vale #42 Darren Millane (1965-1991)

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Clokey_Chick_#34

Post by Clokey_Chick_#34 »

Yeh my aunty is in2 the spiritual stuff and I totally believe in it. She rekons that kids and animals can see spirits. She explained to me why but I can't remember. I definately believe their spirits still live on and although i was only 2 when he died i have seen footage of when he played and he was a legend. We needed 22 of him outt here on the last saturday in september!!!!!!!!!
Beth

Post by Beth »

I have a three year old and she wouldn't recognize a 42. However, she would recognize a 4 and a 2 so maybe that's what happened. Of course I'm only guessing because I wasn't there. Makes you think though, doesn'
t it.
Confucious say " Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."

Post by AGE »

Beth wrote:I have a three year old and she wouldn't recognize a 42. However, she would recognize a 4 and a 2....
Pert and Francis running around boundary then?
Dr. Rock

Post by Dr. Rock »

Ok here's how the story started,
On 3aw thursday night befroe the gf Hookesy and Helay were doing there sport show and about 6.30 said there are 2 tickets for the gf for the best caller. I rang maybe a dozen times and got through and went on air.
That night i had been to training, saw the boys pumped and primed,got the obligatory parking ticket etc..
My son 7 did say who's that? And i said who, and he said 42.. i said where and he said oh i dunno now. It wasn't till i was driving home he mentioned it again.I told him about Millane and that he died 13 years ago, and he matter of factually said it must have been his ghost! Being 7 makes it easy to accept these things i suppose!.
Anyway i got on air and said two things, one about the boys looking hungrier than 1990 - and as an after thought the comment by my son. They were dead quiet for a moment or two and said riiiiiiiiight! Then they went and inerviewed MM who must have been on hold.
I didn't win anything but i was surprised to hear someone else with the same story.Perhaps she heard me or indeed there may have been a shadowy figure in no42 guernsey doing laps...

Ironically i have one of the limited edition field of dreams prints by Jamie Cooper and signed by Bucks and Tony Shaw. It shows them as well as Len Thompson, Lou Richards, Ray Gabelich,Gordon Coventry and William Strickland fading away on Vic park. Can't look these guys in the eyes lately!

Mind you the other day when they said on the radio it was 13 years to the day Pants died i couldn't help but stop and wonder just how good he could have become, he already was a champion but......
GO RUPERT 10

Post by GO RUPERT 10 »

well can anyone honestly say theyve seen a ghost
i can swear on my collingwood membership that i indeed saw one when i was young
colt

Post by colt »

Well GR10, much to the yeah sure crap that I constantly receive from the non-believers, I do and have seen them, in fact I have actually been brushed by one as they passed by.........
and this is no bull......you either believe or you don't :!:
Beth

Post by Beth »

Haven't actually seen any but I have been aware of the presence of something.
Confucious say " Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

I'm afraid I'm not convinced
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Tank36 wrote:No 3 yr old can count to 42.
Not a Collingwood one anyway!
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Hanskies

Post by Hanskies »

Some people belive in ghosts, others dont- either way its still a great thought that Darren Millane and someothers, probably Bobby Rose maybe are still running around with the boys of today.
Clokey_Chick_#34

Post by Clokey_Chick_#34 »

I personally can say I have kinda seen 1!!!!! I was stayin wif my uncle in kew where the old insane assylum used 2 b and i was woken up by screaming kids all nite. But there were no kids that lived on the grounds. Anywayz i agree wif clokey_34 that u either believe or u dun and it is a great thought 2 think they r there and hopefully watchin ova the present players.
swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

Whether its true or not, I love that story.....so appropriate that Pants should have the ball in his hands in 1990 - the way he just threw his arms up in the air......*sigh*.
This story has the potential to become a huge urban myth, passed down through generations of Pie supporters....
Magpie_Dan

Post by Magpie_Dan »

Unbelieveble stuff that is! Is there anywhere I can find out more about this? Please let me know okies thanx!

I still RECAL THE DAY MY DAD TOLD ME A PIES PLAYER DIED AND HE TOLD ME IT WAS #42 AND I THOUGHT HE SAID #2 BUT THEN HE TOLD ME AGAIN AND I HEARD HIM WHEN HE TOLD ME! I was 7 at the time and I remember we had to beat the Cats in round 24 to get into the finals and we failed! My dad even hired a car so we could go up there especially! IT WOULD BE MILLANE'S LAST GAME BEFORE HE WOULD HAVE THE FATAL CRASH AND DIE!

GOD BLESS THE GREAT MAN! Millane You Champ! R.I.P #42

Go The Pies!

Dan

Go The Richo!

UNLEASH THE VL TURBO!
Daks

Post by Daks »

uh dude, round 24? last time i checked there were only 22 rounds :?

Post by AGE »

I think from memory Daks, 1991 had 24 rounds.
I'm not sure about this, but I THINK Iremember there was one year were there was 24 rounds.