Welcome to Collingwood Patrick Karnezis!

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Players stuffed it this year. Not sure I would give them the chance next year.
kill for collingwood!
Breadcrawl

Post by Breadcrawl »

Hmmm. There seem to be a bunch of posts in this thread that have nothing whatever to do with Patrick. They seem to be about bad journalism and the way we select our captain.

How very odd...
they can smell what we're cookin'
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Great article and it's great to have a player who has a deep love and passion playing for the club in general :)

Hopefully it translates to improved performances from Patrick as opposed to his Brisbane days.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
SaraNeighed

Post by SaraNeighed »

Welcome to belonging to the AFL team Patrick. I've been hoping this boy makes it. I love it when a collingwood supporter plays for us. Last week it was Seedsman that showed he can star. This week Patrick showed he belongs.
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

It's still early days for him but I was impressed with what I saw from him the other night. He can definitely build himself further off that performance.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

SaraNeighed wrote:Welcome to belonging to the AFL team Patrick. I've been hoping this boy makes it. I love it when a collingwood supporter plays for us. Last week it was Seedsman that showed he can star. This week Patrick showed he belongs.
Yeah its good it gives a twinkle in the eye to all of us! :D
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Seems to find time and space and then executes well by hand and foot. Still playing safe with his options though, guess he'll be more adventurous once he's feeling more secure in his position.

A performance like his makes it hard for selectors to omit him as well. Some tough decisions to be made over the coming weeks with guys like Broomhead, De Goey, Witts and Kennedy all pushing for senior games.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

jackcass wrote:Seems to find time and space and then executes well by hand and foot. Still playing safe with his options though, guess he'll be more adventurous once he's feeling more secure in his position.

A performance like his makes it hard for selectors to omit him as well. .......
What a difference a week makes!

He's overrated IMO. Tonight while not Robinson Crusoe had NFI when in the backline & in the words of the late Jack Dyer: "he ran where the ball ain't".

Great VFL player though IMO - hope he makes me eat my words but I've had my doubts since Andrew Stafford wrote 2 years ago that he didn't think he was up to it.

I'm not blaming him for the loss but his lack of footy "knowing" was transparent tonight I thought.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

He's a forward.

He should be played forward.

I know I know a novel approach at the pies.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Although I agree that he shouldn't be played in the backline, he looked to me to have a lot of time to make decisions on a night when most of the team was under great pressure. I thought he was one of the team's better players on the night and I was reasonably pleased with what I saw.
watt price tully

Pies4shaw wrote:Although I agree that he shouldn't be played in the backline, he looked to me to have a lot of time to make decisions on a night when most of the team was under great pressure. I thought he was one of the team's better players on the night and I was reasonably pleased with what I saw.
He did have a lot of time to make decisions & by the time he made them Geelong filled holes & covered attacking options. Lovely kick but all tip & no iceberg is a phrase that comes to mind :wink:

I hope I'm proved wrong but I have serious concerns about PK - he ain't no juicy fruit or peppermint spear.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I appreciate that you're joking, of course, but I actually meant that he got through traffic well at times when others couldn't buy space and were being wrapped up before they could get a clean disposal to a teammate. He's plainly a forward 50 player - but I think the Coach wants him to develop a stronger defensive side to his game. Bucks couldn't seriously believe playing him in the defensive 50 is a long-term strategy (could he, I mean really, could he????)
watt price tully

Pies4shaw wrote:I appreciate that you're joking, of course, but I actually meant that he got through traffic well at times when others couldn't buy space and were being wrapped up before they could get a clean disposal to a teammate. He's plainly a forward 50 player - but I think the Coach wants him to develop a stronger defensive side to his game. Bucks couldn't seriously believe playing him in the defensive 50 is a long-term strategy (could he, I mean really, could he????)
While I don't like bagging any of our players PK has done my view that he is way over-rated.

I'm still hoping he proves me completely wrong. So far the evidence isn't supporting him. Having said that, PK hasn't had a decent go of it (yet) in the ones to feel as though he's part of the team.
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

He'll be dropped this week.

He hasn't taken the opportunity and just didn't work hard enough when he didn't have the ball.

Looked strangely slow today so perhaps it's a case of not being fit enough for AFL and he blows up to easily and can't give repeated efforts.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!