Present number on the senior list

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Well we'd been wondering who was going to make way to upgrade Frost and use 48. Now we know.

We did the same last year with Gault, I think?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

magpieazza wrote:Im confused as to why we gave away 67 with the Beams trade when I thought at the time it was because we were going to the rookie draft for a player if we needed. So now we need to go to the AFL draft and we have 80 odd instead of 60 odd.

Could've avoided that situation one would think.
Im just scratching my head that's all, I am not trying to be disruptive. I hope someone can shine a bit of light if I am wrong.

Go Pies !!!
If they're going to use 80, it would be to elevate Frost, you'd think. The list is starting to look very long and deep on talent for possibly the first time, ever, so I don't think they'll take a speculative pick at 80 that will force them to delist another player at the end of next year.

If you go back through this thread, you'll see that it's all really directed to the question whether they had enough available spots on the senior list to use picks 5, 30 and 48 and also elevate Frost (if required).

Edit: I see that Prest35 has just posted more or less the same point.
Last edited by Pies4shaw on Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

^^ Thankyou
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

magpieazza wrote:Im confused as to why we gave away 67 with the Beams trade when I thought at the time it was because we were going to the rookie draft for a player if we needed. So now we need to go to the AFL draft and we have 80 odd instead of 60 odd.

Could've avoided that situation one would think.
Im just scratching my head that's all, I am not trying to be disruptive. I hope someone can shine a bit of light if I am wrong.

Go Pies !!!
Might be looking at some DFA's or a PSD pick... or pick 85=PASS remains an option. Look at a rookie upgrade before the season.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Yes, that's possible. We have the joy of another free-agent period starting on November 14 (after the next, that is - third, list lodgement).
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Well look at Jack Crisp for pick 67 effectively. We wanted to not go "too young" especially considering we have pick 5, D Moore, pick 30 and 48 to be added into the squad. "Spreading the age profile".
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

we aren't participants in the pre-season draft as a rule either. Reckon we are scarred by the Chris Bryan experience.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

It wouldn't be such a bad thing to have pick 80 odd up our sleeve in case someone Hine fancies is still available but I dare say it'll just be used to elevate Frost.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Rexy17

Post by Rexy17 »

Maybe someone is still to be delisted, this give us an option in the pre season and rookie draft
B.U.M.S ROCK...That's Ballarat United Magpies Supporters.....Long trip but even longer hangovers!