VFL Round 1 - Pies snatch it from Hawks

The home of conversation about our Reserves team - the second best men's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Post by #26 »

Hawks behind

Pies 106
Hawks 109

Post by #26 »

Wilson slots his fourth

Pies 112
Hawks 109

Post by #26 »

Pies win!

Post by #26 »

Pies 112
Hawks 110

Full Time
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Full time. Collingwood 112 defeat Box Hill 110.

Goals: Fowler & Wilson 4, McInnes & Tardrew 2 apiece, Harrison, McMahon, C Brown, Murley, Wellings and Johnson 1 each.

Disposals: C Brown 31, Tardrew 25 and Hustwaite 21, Poulter 19.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

I don't really understand how they came back. Top effort - all of them except Callum Brown looked to be going up and down in the one spot with 10 minutes to go. Great effort by Wilson - he continues to show, at this level, why the Club has high hopes.
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

Did Arlo Drapper play?
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

Very enjoyable game. Ash Johnson has something special in the way he plays. Lots of good signs in that match.
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Magnificent game of footy from both sides.
Two point victory to the Pies.
Three goals to Wilson in the last quarter for a come from behind win.
Hard to know Wilson’s role on the day but his post match interview revealed that he went to Fly and asked for a chance in the front half, so maybe he comes good as a hybrid forward. He’s a lovely set shot on goal.
Jetta could still play AFL on todays game. He will be a massive assist to our developing defenders.
Great team win !
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

derkd wrote:Did Arlo Drapper play?
Played at half back. Was ok but no where near a stand out. Looked to be out of position a few times but that’s no big deal for now. He’s a canvas that will require plenty of time.

Post by #26 »

Johnson has x factor and looks dangerous one on one. He'd go well in the seniors with the type of F50 delivery he'd get from our midfield.

I liked the look of Begg too. But he's gonna need a couple of pre seasons to put some muscle on his light frame.

Tadrew and Jetta were excellent and showed great leadership.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Callum Brown had a tremendous game, too. He had a 21-disposal second-half and, on a day when most of our medium-sized players struggled at the fall of the ball, he really stood out. He was by miles the best of our AFL-listed players. If a mid went down at training during the week, he'd be the one who would have to be called up.

It was the sort of performance that in previous years would have resulted in him being taken out of the VFL midfield and played as a defemsive forward in the AFL, where his confidence would be dented and his talent wasted. A few more games like today's and the seniors won't have to be bringing Elliott into the centre square.

Also, for those who didn't see the game, look for his long, running goal in the highlights.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Highlights of Tom Wilson's game are here: https://www.afl.com.au/video/728524/vfl ... MATCH:4163
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Pies4shaw wrote:I don't really understand how they came back. Top effort - all of them except Callum Brown looked to be going up and down in the one spot with 10 minutes to go. Great effort by Wilson - he continues to show, at this level, why the Club has high hopes.
Box Hill did not Deliver the Killing Blow and it cost them
I am Da Man
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »