#25 Jack Crisp

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

AN_Inkling wrote:I'm convinced now that we actually wanted this kid. Tackling and pressure is his greatest asset, so expect him to be a regular part of our best 22.
You might be right inky. He seems to fit the bill in terms of the exact type of player we've all been after - a strong bodied, tall, hard running midfielder who is also a tackling machine. I reckon there was a lot of smoke and mirrors during the trade negotiations, but ultimately we got what we wanted. If we manage to draft someone like Laverde with our pick 5, alongside the emerging Freeman and possibly even Scharenberg, we may well have secured our midfield needs for the next 5-7 years.
Az

Post by Az »

AN_Inkling wrote:I'm convinced now that we actually wanted this kid. Tackling and pressure is his greatest asset, so expect him to be a regular part of our best 22.
Who would have thought when the Pies were really driving the Redden deal home that who we actually wanted was Jack Crisp? They sure fooled me!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Az wrote:
Who would have thought when the Pies were really driving the Redden deal home that who we actually wanted was Jack Crisp? They sure fooled me!
Of Course we wanted Aish and Redden but once we knew that was never going to happen the saw Crisp as someone they could add to the Trade that they have been keeping an eye on
I am Da Man
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Presti35 wrote:I say we draft Jack Cripps next month to really confuse things.
Jack Cripps

Position: Key forward/ruckman
Height: 198 cm, Weight: 85 kg, DOB: 20/01/1996
Club: East Fremantle
Projected draft range: 20-50
Plays like: Drew Petrie
:P

I Agree. Can we call one of them Colvan?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Az

Post by Az »

Dave The Man wrote:
Az wrote:
Of Course we wanted Aish and Redden but once we knew that was never going to happen the saw Crisp as someone they could add to the Trade that they have been keeping an eye on
Actually, once we knew they were never going to cough up the players we wanted, we asked for pick 21 along with pick 5 and still got knocked back. Only then did we accept Crisp. Not knocking the kid, I am happy he has found his way to the pies but my point is he was very low on our agenda in terms of compensation.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Az wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Az wrote: Who would have thought when the Pies were really driving the Redden deal home that who we actually wanted was Jack Crisp? They sure fooled me!
Actually, once we knew they were never going to cough up the players we wanted, we asked for pick 21 along with pick 5 and still got knocked back. Only then did we accept Crisp. Not knocking the kid, I am happy he has found his way to the pies but my point is he was very low on our agenda in terms of compensation.
Pick 21 was commited to getting Christian from Geelong so that Boat had Floated
I am Da Man
MOTR

Post by MOTR »

Be Staunch, Be Proud, Be Collingwood
MOTR

Post by MOTR »

Plenty more here, for those who are interested.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/j ... sp.897177/
Be Staunch, Be Proud, Be Collingwood
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I have a gut feeling this kid could be a real surprise packet, ala Nick Maxwell, who got delisted by Norf, then came to us, and, well, you all know how far Maxy went, and what a great player he was.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I have a gut feeling this kid could be a real surprise packet, ala Nick Maxwell, who got delisted by Norf, then came to us, and, well, you all know how far Maxy went, and what a great player he was.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Cool. I have a great .
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

MOTR wrote:
jackcass wrote:Anyone got access to his Phantom draft profiles from that year?
Here's an interesting preview.

http://www.news.com.au/video/id-c0Yjg0N ... Jack-Crisp
Thanks MOTR
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

swoop42 wrote:
No.

But these might help.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 72fa125a7d

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/6703 ... -at-lions/
Thanks Swoop
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Az wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Az wrote: Who would have thought when the Pies were really driving the Redden deal home that who we actually wanted was Jack Crisp? They sure fooled me!
Actually we knocked back the 5 & 25 and the 5 & 21 offers, they knocked back our suggested 5, 21 & 25 offer. Essentially means we were happy to take Crisp instead of pick 21.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

MOTR wrote:
Snoop Dog's Phantom Draft. and Rookie Phantom Draft

Thanks MOTR. Seems a likely type, prepared to do the work to improve his game. Inconsistency with kicking seems the only knock on him but even that seems to be on the improve. Another Goldsack type with more offensive impact.
Last edited by jackcass on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.