Sea / Tree Change and or Retirement

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

bliss!

billy loves his Baaa..ma!

and a photobombing dragonfly!

billy and Ginnie are not happy!

cheers from my little patch of heaven!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Beautiful country peace, love and tranquility personified. Breathe and enjoy
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
think positive

Post by think positive »

i sure am!
fruit and veg shopping in the veggie patch, most planted by the previous owners but the beetroot, cucumber and spring onions i planted!
iphone pic!

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Noice, very noice.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

That is so cool T.P. Very impressed. Are you lucky to be on mains water if required? We are tank only. Hoping to sink a bore at some stage.

We've only done strawberrys atm. Trying to organise an area for mass plantings. We are fully sand, so need to bring soil in.
Bruce Gonsalves

We had the 3 grand kids and our daughter down to visit for a few days. Had a ball. My highlight and hoping it was one of theirs was TRACTOR RIDES.

Recently I purchased a TS138 Husqvarna ride on mower with a trailer. Had the kids in the trailer as I fanged around the front yard and down the street. I really pis5ed the missus off by continually yelling out 'TRACTOR RIDES!!!'
think positive

Post by think positive »

hehehe!!! i wont tell hubby he will do that too!

town water, but water tanks everywhere, really good quality soil.

the strawberries they planted are seriously out of this world! there was twice as many but i had to taste test them!!!!
Bruce Gonsalves

After 15 years I've had my first hit of golf, 9 holes only to start. I've become a member, something I'd never considered in the past. Hit a 54 off the stick with heaps of improvement in store. The last 3-4 holes where a battle nursing a strained calf and my back flaring up. So happy to be out having a hit again after so many years.

In the clubhouse afterwards having a beer, to my surprise, the Treasurer offered me the use of a golf cart for next week. I thought what's the catch? No catch, they just want the carts used instead of sitting around.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Nice work Bruce, I'm just getting back into the whack-**** myself, going around the same for 9, not counting the occasional leather wedge. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

^ sadly, golf is the one game where more practice does not translate to improvement. As soon as you start thinking you're getting better, you'll try and do more and play worse.

It's the nature of the beast that is your mind.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Sad but true, the zen part is learning to appreciate the good shot while not necking yourself over the shit one.
Bruce Gonsalves

Golf is a great release. In my case the 15 year break will be a benefit to me. I start playing as a kid when 'The Nudist' aka Greg Norman began his career winning in South Australia in 1976. Absolute legend, couldn't get enough of him.

His game was power hitting, I fricken loved it. So I thought, yeh, I need to hit the crap out it. My golf was hit and miss, some tee shots 250-280 metres, very impressive but I had a shocking slice other times. My golf was always inconsistent but it didn't stop me playing twice a week.

Roll the years forward 15 years, I can't smash it like I used to, absolute bonus. Happy now to drive 200 metres up the guts. Once my touch comes back from 150 metres inwards, give it a month or two, I expect to get back to sub 40's.

I'll keep you informed.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:After 15 years I've had my first hit of golf, 9 holes only to start. I've become a member, something I'd never considered in the past. Hit a 54 off the stick with heaps of improvement in store. The last 3-4 holes where a battle nursing a strained calf and my back flaring up. So happy to be out having a hit again after so many years.

In the clubhouse afterwards having a beer, to my surprise, the Treasurer offered me the use of a golf cart for next week. I thought what's the catch? No catch, they just want the carts used instead of sitting around.
i played once - hit some where round 54 - oh wait that was only 9 holes!
im better with big balls!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:After 15 years I've had my first hit of golf, 9 holes only to start. I've become a member, something I'd never considered in the past. Hit a 54 off the stick with heaps of improvement in store. The last 3-4 holes where a battle nursing a strained calf and my back flaring up. So happy to be out having a hit again after so many years.

i played once - hit some where round 54 - oh wait that was only 9 holes!
im better with big balls!
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

So I haven’t posted here for quite some time but just wanted to wish you all the best for the future! Moving to Hervey Bay next week - 1/2 acre property blissfully quite, heaps of trees, skippys, birds galore and a koala sanctuary on one side of us and it’s warm no more Melbourne winters!!! Ten minutes from the water and K’gari and best of all no more being a nurse after 47 years- COVID was bad the behaviour of so many - became bitter and twisted! Be kind to each other - enjoy your kids , your grandkids- whatever just enjoy life! Slainte Susan :D
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”