Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

LaurieHolden
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

I look forward to Grundys return, and reinstate his position as our no.1 Ruckman.
An in form Grundy presents a serious catalyst to our finals push.
The prospect of Grundy rotating with Cameron in the forward line is something I truly believe will offer us something special going into the finals.

With Cox as a third tall, it'll give opposition coaches a real headache.

I see no reason to even consider trading him. We have potentially one of the best ruckmen in the competition, albeit down on form leading into his injury, but he's too good not to rebound. Bring on the second coming of Grundy.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

LaurieHolden wrote:I look forward to Grundys return, and reinstate his position as our no.1 Ruckman.
The prospect of Grundy rotating with Cameron in the forward line is something I truly believe will offer us something special going into the finals.

I see no reason to even consider trading him. We have potentially one of the best ruckmen in the competition, albeit down on form leading into his injury, but he's too good not to rebound. Bring on the second coming of Grundy.
Grundy will most likely be blowing and puffing like a bag of shit upon his return.
That loss of fitness after missing all those weeks will be telling.
He didn't seem to be moving that freely either this season or the last anyhow?

I'd be tempering any lofty expectations about Grundy being any sort of catalyst for a sudden spike in on field improvement, once recalled.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

It's been said he has been working with the forwards group, which is smart by Fly. Bring him back as a forward ruck where he's far less likely to reinjure his PCL and let him slowly regain match fitness.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

stui magpie wrote:It's been said he has been working with the forwards group, which is smart by Fly. Bring him back as a forward ruck where he's far less likely to reinjure his PCL and let him slowly regain match fitness.
That would be the common sense thing to do, as opposed to years gone by, where he'd be thrown straight back into the fire.

I'd expect plenty of time in the pool, and light track work, as part of the preparation for his return, all building up to the charge at September; should we not fall in a sudden screaming heap by then of course...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

LaurieHolden wrote:I look forward to Grundys return, and reinstate his position as our no.1 Ruckman.

An in form Grundy hasn’t been seen since before he signed his contract 3 years ago, not coming after 4 months out…
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

eddiesmith wrote:

An in form Grundy hasn’t been seen since before he signed his contract 3 years ago, not coming after 4 months out…
You must have missed ANZAC day?

His 16 possession, 6 marks, 33 hit outs and match sealing goal from outside 50 (with a fckded knee) were pure gold.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

^ I had him down for the medal but hard to sway against a 5 goal bagger
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

^ You are assuming we cannot improve
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

Some of the nonsense that I read in this thread reinforces how just plainly idiotic some people are.
Go Pies!
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

AnthonyC wrote:Some of the nonsense that I read in this thread reinforces how just plainly idiotic some people are.
Can you elaborate
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

If we found a team willing to take Grundy's contract, we'd be mental not to do a deal. We need inside mids, key forwards and another key defender much more than we need a ruckman.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

Got to remember Grundy won't magically come back in peak form after so long back PCL take time.

So it is unlikely we will get ANZAC day Grundy.

The problem as I have kept saying his trade value unless we pay a large chunk of his pay will be late second round to 3rd rounder.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

We should never have signed a contract like this! Disgraceful money for kicking leather around a paddock! Our Society has completely lost it ! Let’s hope we can trade him asap . We don’t build great Teams by paying individuals this sickening amount of money. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a capitalist pig!
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

scoobydoo wrote:
AnthonyC wrote:Some of the nonsense that I read in this thread reinforces how just plainly idiotic some people are.
Can you elaborate
He thinks it’s more important to lose games and play Grundy and anyone who doesn’t is an idiot…