Post Match. Pies demolish Dees. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

DT wrote:Ginnivan made a good cameo too
Yes, I am surprised we did not have him on earlier. I missed it. Who was subbed out for him ?
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

lazzadesilva wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:HOME PRELIM!!
what a win

yes the umpires were awful, did everything to get the demons back into the game but we can forget all that as we have a week off and into the Prelim, and we escape the death side of the draw.

boys earned it.

Bruz to get off especially if GWS Bedford did for an actual bump
but i suspect it will be a long drawn out process again.
I have to finally concede that posters are right about the biased umpiring and it’s not just a case of whinging. I was gobsmacked by the amount of times we didn’t receive frees for Melbourne stuff ups but I guess winning eases the annoying pissants pretending to umpire. But wait for the AFL to state that they were brilliant! Dear me, never mind, we need them for the next game.
Stephens and Stevic actually hate us and they never give us a fair go. The biggest frustration tonight was until Ginnis free kick late, we got no HTB but they got a few. But when they got caught with the ball, they’d drop it and get holding the man free kicks…

Most of the frees we got tonight were just blatantly obvious they couldn’t be ignored, yet Melbourne got a lot of just dodgy ones. Ginni got put in a headlock and yet got pinged for HTB!!!
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Really What's????

Wouldn't like to be a defendant in your court.

FMD.
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

jonmac1954 wrote:
Said by Zed wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:Gawn masterclass? - hardly . . . considering everyone in our side kept setting him up.
Mate don’t know what game you were watching? Give credit where credit is due…In wet slippery conditions not suited for big guys Gawn slayed tonight…full stop.
"Mate" it's simple facts - Collingwood players constantly set him up putting it onto his head all night.

It's all in the footage time after time.

He's a good ruck but he got spoon fed by our own team.
Uhhh Your argument doesn’t make any sense…by your rationale isn’t it the same for Cox and Cameron?…Gawn double teamed all night and he still ended up with it. Tap work and around the ground elite…Best ruckman in the comp by a long long long way…

Agree however why we still keep kicking it where he’s at.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

jonmac1954 wrote:Really What's????

FMD.
It's not a court, it's the AFL.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
jonmac1954

Post by jonmac1954 »

Said by Zed wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:
Said by Zed wrote: Mate don’t know what game you were watching? Give credit where credit is due…In wet slippery conditions not suited for big guys Gawn slayed tonight…full stop.
"Mate" it's simple facts - Collingwood players constantly set him up putting it onto his head all night.

It's all in the footage time after time.

He's a good ruck but he got spoon fed by our own team.
Uhhh Your argument doesn’t make any sense…by your rationale isn’t it the same for Cox and Cameron?…Gawn double teamed all night and he still ended up with it. Tap work and around the ground elite…Best ruckman in the comp by a long long long way…

Agree however why we still keep kicking it where he’s at.
Actually you just proved my point.

Cox is by far the most infringed against player in the game - possibly in the entire history of the game without getting a fraction of the frees he should.
jonmac1954

Post by jonmac1954 »

What'sinaname wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:Really What's????

FMD.
It's not a court, it's the AFL.
Great dodge - you know exactly what I mean.
Franco

Post by Franco »

What'sinaname wrote:
Said by Zed wrote:After all that…who goes out for Nicky. Considering the effort by everyone tonight someone’s going to be utterly shattered to be omitted.
Bruz will likely be an out.
The Cripps knockout of Ah Chee was much less of a football act than anything Bruz did tonight. Sorry what happened to Brayshaw but if Bruz misses any finals game, let alone a grand final, with Cripps winning a Brownlow, then the system is phucked.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

eddiesmith wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:HOME PRELIM!!
what a win

yes the umpires were awful, did everything to get the demons back into the game but we can forget all that as we have a week off and into the Prelim, and we escape the death side of the draw.

boys earned it.

Bruz to get off especially if GWS Bedford did for an actual bump
but i suspect it will be a long drawn out process again.
I have to finally concede that posters are right about the biased umpiring and it’s not just a case of whinging. I was gobsmacked by the amount of times we didn’t receive frees for Melbourne stuff ups but I guess winning eases the annoying pissants pretending to umpire. But wait for the AFL to state that they were brilliant! Dear me, never mind, we need them for the next game.
Stephens and Stevic actually hate us and they never give us a fair go. The biggest frustration tonight was until Ginnis free kick late, we got no HTB but they got a few. But when they got caught with the ball, they’d drop it and get holding the man free kicks…

Most of the frees we got tonight were just blatantly obvious they couldn’t be ignored, yet Melbourne got a lot of just dodgy ones. Ginni got put in a headlock and yet got pinged for HTB!!!
Couldn’t agree with you more Eddiesmith. That’s exactly what happened. But on the shit show goes week after week!
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

I’ve caught up. God I hope BT has a mishap and can’t commentate the prelim not granny. Absolute worst.

Anyhow, Melbourne lifted but Pies went into the “don’t lose” phase that we do so well.

Pumped for a prelim. Heart rate is back below 100 finally. I’m away next week so can relax!

How good is Gawn but kudos to Cox, ebbed his influence.

McStay two goals helpful but towled up by Lever for mine.

Does Maynard have anything to worry about? I hope not but you just don’t know with the AFL.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Watching the replay now on FOX. We kick straight it was over at qtr time. We ARE on track. Our defence was elite tonight.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

imagine if Bruz had actually smoothered the football and the ball went our way down to a goal

I worry the numpty's in the AFL will end up making everyone wear helmets like NFL in the US
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Maynard saw an opportunity to physical a player under the cloak of plausible deniability and he took it.

I wouldn't expect anything less from my boy in a final.

His action was arguably the difference between winning and losing because Brayshaw is an excellent player.

He deserves a Premiership medal not a suspension and if the ruling on Tom McCartin set a precedent he should be cleared to play.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Son of the Boonman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Son of the Boonman »

Great team effort to put us in the Prelim with an excellent chance to go all the way

The heart monitor on my watch went off with four minutes to go in the last quarter. Apparently my pulse rate had been above 120 bpm for ten minutes.

Will need a MICA Ambulance on standby if/when we make the Granny
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:Should we start a petition for the club not to have BT's service again in any shape or form?

Go Pies!!!!!! All the way!!!!!!!!!
I would gladly sign up for that petition.He’s horrible.