Post Match. Pies win it for Pendles. All details.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Post Match. Pies win it for Pendles. All details.

Post by Pete 70 »

Window just opened a tiny bit with that giants comeback. Come on Freo
Dispatches from a foreign land
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

I've just watched the match replay as I couldn't watch it live as I was at the Croxton watching Hugh Cornwell. Great game mostly though we were shaky in the last. Congrats to the boys giving Pendles a triumph in his 400th game. What a great effort by the great man. We showed some good form in patches, which is a big plus. Onwards and upwards from now on!
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Pete 70 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:52 pm Window just opened a tiny bit with that giants comeback. Come on Freo
Freo are shutting the bed. Hill got a little higher..
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
BazBoy
Been liked: 26 times

Post by BazBoy »

We have a chance to give a kid a go to replace Jordan.
Worth a try
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

I just checked at the fixture, it would take a miracle to make the 8. The teams on the crux of the 8 are playing bottom sides, not only is our percentage hurting, but I can't see a gap opening up even if we win the next 3.

The last couple of rounds could throw up some interesting changes.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

qldmagpie67 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:41 pm There’s a video on the Collingwood supporters page of them chairing Pendles off and as Pendles gets to Sidey to go up on his shoulders go watch it and listen to the exchange between Pendles and Sidey at the very beginning it’s very interesting
This is what I can make out

"Pendles: are you going to retire?
Sidey: yeah I know"

What a tease! We’re missing the full context, it could be anything or it could be a giveaway for Sidey’s last game
Last edited by The Black and White Lion on Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Pete 70 »

Need to win all 3.
Need Essendope to lose just 1 - they play suns, swans and lions so would expect they will lose one.
Need Dawks to lose to Carlton.
Need Freo to lose 2 or Footscray to lose 2. Freo have Cats, Giants and Port. They’ll drop 2. Straggers have Adel in Adel, Nth and Giants, or Giants to lose 3 - they have Lions away, Dockers home and Bulldogs away.
Not over yet
Dispatches from a foreign land
Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Harrysz »

Here's a popular start. We were lucky to win. We WERE lucky because McGovern got the yips and shanked the kick. As he was lining up for the kick Cripps went past him with a smile on his face. Weird.
But how was McGovern able to get by himself to take that mark?
Let's focus on this - since McRae has been our coach, we've played Carlton 6 times, for 5 wins, most of which have been by a goal or less. We've got the wood on them.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

4 pinged from Carlton Collingwood game.

...Elsewhere, four players from Saturday night's game between Collingwood and Carlton have been charged, three of which handed fines for engaging in a melee/wrestle. Magpies pair Lachie Schultz and Mason Cox have been handed $1875 fines, which can be downgraded to $1250 fines with early pleas, for their involvement in the second quarter melee.

Carlton's Nic Newman has been hit with a $3125 fine, which will drop to a $1875 fine should he opt against challenging the charge. Lastly, Blues backman Jordan Boyd has been charged with 'other misconduct' for an incident involving Cox during the second quarter. Boyd can walk away with a $1250 fine with an early plea, or risk a $1875 fine with a challenge.

https://www.newsnow.com/au/Sport/AFL/Co ... od?type=ln
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

We did it!!... again!!!
Thank you Collingwood.
AND well done to the Magpie Army [read: us] for turning out and turning it up!!!
I HATE carlton.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

BazBoy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:04 pm We have a chance to give a kid a go to replace Jordan.
Worth a try
Have you really thought this through?
Asking a 'kid' to fill a role of a 6'2 95kg bull? The only like for like is Long, and he ain't no JDG.

The logical replacement is a Crisp / Pendles rotation.

In any event, this belongs in the pre-match thread.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

It’s always good to beat the Scum but it was that little bit sweeter in SP400.

Hats off to our premiership full forward who was very solid at full back. I have rated Frampton’s season very highly except for that one month patch where he was moved around plugging holes which resulted in him losing some form. It’s great to see him back in the position in which he plays his best footy.

Fantastic to witness SP400 close to 41 years after I attended my first ever game which happened to be KB400 in which my favourite player Phil Walsh kicked 3 goals playing on the wing.

We will defeat the Swans!!!
- Side By Side -
Piesnchess
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Harrysz wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:57 am Here's a popular start. We were lucky to win. We WERE lucky because McGovern got the yips and shanked the kick. As he was lining up for the kick Cripps went past him with a smile on his face. Weird.
But how was McGovern able to get by himself to take that mark?
Let's focus on this - since McRae has been our coach, we've played Carlton 6 times, for 5 wins, most of which have been by a goal or less. We've got the wood on them.

Correct re McGovern on his own, who was on the prick ?? Shades of the GF, when we had a nice lead of 10 points, and somehow Daniher gets unminded in last two mins, an brings Lions to within 4 points. I had to leave the room, it was a friggin nightmare, those last two minutes. ! Yeh, dickhead Cripps had it won, id say, love to have seen his moosh after tha t shocking kick by his Bluescum mate, pity the camera didnt show it. LOL
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

BazBoy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:04 pm We have a chance to give a kid a go to replace Jordan.
Worth a try

DE Mattia says hello, Id like to finally see what this 19 yr old can do, we may get a nice surprise. :idea:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 14 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

If anyone watches the replay take note of a passage of play in the 3rd quarter.
A Carlton defender gets the ball, Bobby Hill runs to him to apply pressure.
He handpasses back to another Carlton player, Bobby Hill runs to him to apply pressure.
He handpasses back to the first Carlton player, Bobby Hill runs to him to apply pressure.
He handpasses to a third Carlton player, Bobby Hill runs to him to apply pressure.
Crazily impressive.