Finals. Week 1. Swans v. Giants.

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Re: Finals. Week 1. Swans v. Giants.

Post by Donny »

Half time.

Brisbane 61.
Carlton 13.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 74 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Jezza wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:12 pm Sydney should be falling at the feet of Heeney.

His individual brilliance got them over the line.
Absolutely and Warners last term was top shelf
Warner had 9 clearances in the last term
They did get the bounce of the ball and some home town decisions.
GWS was the far better side for 80% of the game I don’t know how they lost that game really
A replay at the MCG on GF day I would be confident GWS would prevail
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ They lost the game because Grundy demolished them in the ruck, belting the ball forward at every opportunity in the second half and physically monstering them. The reason Heeney and Warner could dominate like that at the end of the game is that the GWS midfield were physically smashed by Thor and by the last quarter couldn't raise a gallop. I'm genuinely surprised you don't see this, since you know a fair bit about rugby league - it's just what NAS does for the Storm, only Thor does not let up for the entire game.

Sydney has now won four in a row against GWS and, since 2020, eight of eleven. The three wins the Giants have had over Sydney over those 5 seasons were by a point, a point and two points. Of course, on any given day any team can beat any other team - but you couldn't pick GWS to beat Sydney anywhere with any confidence after they've collpased in the face of all but about 5 Swans only turning up to play the final quarter.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I wanted GWS to get over the line so bad, FMD!

Oh well, at least the Scum & Flogs are out, that’s some consolation!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Pies4shaw wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:36 am ^ They lost the game because Grundy demolished them in the ruck, belting the ball forward at every opportunity in the second half and physically monstering them. The reason Heeney and Warner could dominate like that at the end of the game is that the GWS midfield were physically smashed by Thor and by the last quarter couldn't raise a gallop. I'm genuinely surprised you don't see this, since you know a fair bit about rugby league - it's just what NAS does for the Storm, only Thor does not let up for the entire game.
Even Gerard Whately noticed, referring in his assessment of the game to
Brodie Grundy’s raw physicality.
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/09/09/ ... ty-finals/