#25 Josh Fraser

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

^ Agreed - although didn't you swear off bagging players shortly after you joined on the off chance they might read the dreadful things written about them on forums like this? :lol:
"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

^ Ah PP. :lol:

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)

- Walt Whitman. :wink:
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

A little more of Chopper in Josh wouldn't go astray.

It makes me wonder why people highlight the handful of great games Josh plays every year but over look the majority of games where he's only serviceable. Heaven forbid we should expect more from a No.1 draft pick who's been at the club 9 years now, great players play consistently good football most weeks of the year not the 6 or 7 games Josh does.How much longer do we have wait until Josh becomes the player we'd all hoped for?

We will never win another premiership if people accept that players only have to show up and play to the level there capable of 6 or 7 times a season.

I hope Josh has a brillant season next year, but I've hoped for that before, so I wont be holding my breath.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

^^ Fair point, but you can't say he didn't play well when it mattered.

I think being injury-free helps.
"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

From what I've seen of Josh over the years, his "flat spots" during the season have nothing to do with lack of effort or passion. Much more to do with his body struggling to hold up over the journey. Sure, he's not quite delivered the way we'd hope a number 1 pick would, but it's time to let that one go, it has been 9 years. What he has done, is admirably hold down our number 1 ruck spot with little support, from the age of 17, young for any position, doubly so for a ruckman. It's quite possible that this has had a negative affect on his development, particularly physically.

It may seem I'm making excuses here, but in Josh, I see a decent person, who has given his all for the club (understand others may see this differently), which is nigh on the only prerequisite for my support. I see those who "jump off" or on :wink: an obviously committed player who is not performing at their absolute peak, as no different to those despised fair weather supporters. Support the club through difficult times, support players through the same, though Josh's performances have been better than some on this board would admit.

This is not quite blind support for all players, under all conditions. Brendon Fevola is a player/person who I don't have a lot of respect for, and I'd not support a Collingwood Fevola all that fulsomely, even on his good days.

We have the club selectors to decide who plays and who does not, we have opposition supporters to bag our players, the role of the Collingwood supporters is to support, except on the rare occasion where deemed undeserved (poor form and performance not enough of a reason for mine). Josh is a player and person, who from my admittedly limited perspective is deserving of respect as a player or even person and most definitely my support.
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

AN_Inkling wrote:From what I've seen of Josh over the years, his "flat spots" during the season have nothing to do with lack of effort or passion. Much more to do with his body struggling to hold up over the journey. Sure, he's not quite delivered the way we'd hope a number 1 pick would, but it's time to let that one go, it has been 9 years. What he has done, is admirably hold down our number 1 ruck spot with little support, from the age of 17, young for any position, doubly so for a ruckman. It's quite possible that this has had a negative affect on his development, particularly physically.

It may seem I'm making excuses here, but in Josh, I see a decent person, who has given his all for the club (understand others may see this differently), which is nigh on the only prerequisite for my support. I see those who "jump off" or on :wink: an obviously committed player who is not performing at their absolute peak, as no different to those despised fair weather supporters. Support the club through difficult times, support players through the same, though Josh's performances have been better than some on this board would admit.

This is not quite blind support for all players, under all conditions. Brendon Fevola is a player/person who I don't have a lot of respect for, and I'd not support a Collingwood Fevola all that fulsomely, even on his good days.

We have the club selectors to decide who plays and who does not, we have opposition supporters to bag our players, the role of the Collingwood supporters is to support, except on the rare occasion where deemed undeserved (poor form and performance not enough of a reason for mine). Josh is a player and person, who from my admittedly limited perspective is deserving of respect as a player or even person and most definitely my support.
Very well put. Some posters need to look at the player's situation objectively instead of grinding the same old axe.
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

jack_spain wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:arrgh its a pity The Weed is so old eh Jack? :twisted:
Ah if only we could have bottled whatever spirit it was he played with mate. Or Darren Millane. :D
Weidemann had more than enough of the spirits out of the bottle when he was coach.

Top player, drunken **** up as coach.

Give me Malthouse any day.
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

I cant help it sorry!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
kambarker

Post by kambarker »

3rd degree wrote:I cant help it sorry!
Is it a SLOW day??
kam
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

:lol: Have to laugh at the title of this thread. The fact it's been going for nearly four years is even more incredible.

I wish Josh Fraser would do his block a few times in 2009.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

I recon its about time Fraser started a brawl or something... he's just too placid on the field and it annoys the crap out of me!!!
Beware the swooping Magpie.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Lets get Josh to incite a melee this year against the scum. I know barristers who will work pro bono.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
JacJacJacqui

Post by JacJacJacqui »

Josh, violent? For real?? I've honestly never noticed. Violent is probably one of the last words I'd have used to describe him.

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

Sometimes it pays to read the topic.....
JacJacJacqui

Post by JacJacJacqui »

Yeah it's a question. I read it and answered it.

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system